Draft order

6 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I just saw that after the games that we are picking 30th with GB picking 29. 

Does anyone know why the Packers get the tiebreaker is it SOS? 

They played a weaker schedule so they get an earlier pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Thought process is if a team with a weaker schedule finishes in the same place they are worse than the team with the stronger schedule.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know that. I figured it still go by seeding or record in the conference. 

28 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

I think bills move from 30. Just a hunch

Hope so.  Trade back into the 2nd and get a third.  With a amount of important FA’s this off-season and Allen about to cash-in, the draft is paramount.  Need as many picks as they can get.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Running back is low on the priority list. We have two backs on rookie deals. I’m sure they’ll grab a free agent but I don’t see them drafting one 

So....... to get by the Chiefs,,,, how are you going to convince them NOT to double team our wide receivers OR to not do a straight, "ears pinned back" pass rush?

The danger in playing a man-to-man pass defence is that the DB will be watching the WR and not see the ball coming and will not see the running back running downfield at all. 

The danger in an all out pass rush is that it leaves big gaps in the center of the line for the RB or QB.   If the RB is fast and the LB's have been schemed away or are outrun, you have a big chunk of yardage.

Can we bribe them to play into our hands on this?

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

So....... to get by the Chiefs,,,, how are you going to convince them NOT to double team our wide receivers OR to not do a straight, "ears pinned back" pass rush?

The danger in playing a man-to-man pass defence is that the DB will be watching the WR and not see the ball coming and will not see the running back running downfield at all. 

The danger in an all out pass rush is that it leaves big gaps in the center of the line for the RB or QB.   If the RB is fast and the LB's have been schemed away or are outrun, you have a big chunk of yardage.

Can we bribe them to play into our hands on this?

I didn’t say we shouldn’t run the ball. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I didn’t say we shouldn’t run the ball. 

OK.  But what I see missing is that really fast RB or guy like #10, who is so fast that the defences have to worry about a big chunk from a missed tackle. More important is that all the pursuit angles and where the defence is positioned on the field become different with such a guy. .. ... ....  Remember how the Bills used McKenzie to replicate Lamar Jackson in the prep to the Ravens game.  We don't have that type of running threat and it changes a LOT of things.