TB (Thanos) 40- KC 13 super bowl 55

Lenigmusx

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Browns came inches from beating them because Mahomes got hurt in the 3rd quarter. He was 21/30 for 255 yards and a 1 TD passing and 1 TD rushing already at that point. 

KC is going to smash Tampa Bay. And I will enjoy seeing it. 

Tampa has not been driving the ball in their playoff wins. Both the Saints and Packers gift wrapped them short fields for TDs. Neither offense put any real pressure on Tampa to keep up. Yesterday Brady threw 3 picks and the Packers did next to nothing with them. The reason for all 3 of those picks was that Brady felt pressure and was trying to keep up to make sure Rogers couldn't come back. 

KC is going to score its points, and they have a DL that gets pressure from 3 different guys on a consistent basis. 

Chiefs will win by 10+ 

If thats what you would like to believe. Browns played the Chiefs better on both sides of the football and it wasn't even close IMO.

Yes, the Browns ability to get to Mahomes was part of it... 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is one of those where I won't know my own mind until the game begins.

- I like Mahomes. He's fun to watch and surprisingly lacking in arrogance for a guy who had such quick success

- I hate Brady. I dislike Tyreek. I kind of like the honey badger.

- But I really like Bruce Arians, and would like to see him ride off into the sunset with a ring

- I don't like Chiefs fans. I don't know anything about TB fans so I guess I like them better

- I usually root for the AFC team. I also like the idea that if the Chiefs win we can honestly say that we probably are the 2nd best team in the NFL. That somehow makes me feel better about yesterday.

I am a bundle of contradictions. Maybe I should sit this one out.

If KC wins, the AFC will be up 28-27 in SBs. My memory is long enough to remember when the Bills were losing SBs and people said they played in the JV  conference. 

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

If thats what you would like to believe. Browns played the Chiefs better on both sides of the football and it wasn't even close IMO.

Yes, the Browns ability to get to Mahomes was part of it... 

Let's accept your premise: the Browns did a better job against KC. 

The score was 19-3 at half and 22-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter, in which Mahomes was hurt. It took the Browns 3 entire quarters of football to score 10 points vs KC. 

Mayfield had 204 yards passing for the game with a TD and a INT. the Browns had around 110 yards rushing for the game.

Look at the stats for the Browns game and the Bills game vs KC, and keep in mind Mahomes missed a quarter and a half vs the Browns:

Browns: 308 total yards, 196 passing, 112 rushing, 5.1 YPP

Chiefs: 438 total yards, 315 passing, 123 rushing, YPP

Bills: 363 total yards, 234 passing, 129 rushing, 5.2 YPP

Chiefs: 439 yards, 325 passing, 114 rushing, 6.9 YPP

Bills outgained the Browns on the ground and in the air, gave up almost an identical number of yards (while facing Mahomes for the entire game, not 2.5 quarters) and scored more points. 

Not sure how the Browns did better. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Figster said:

You and me both, 

I hate K C with a passion. Hate the team and fan base.

Go GOAT!!! 

I'm ok with the officiating for the most part. Hill was just to fast, Kelce to big to mug.

A few days ago you were all chummy with the Chefs fans. What changed? 

Is this because ChiefsPlanet declined your invite to come here and vote on which man is sexier?

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

If KC wins, the AFC will be up 28-27 in SBs. My memory is long enough to remember when the Bills were losing SBs and people said they played in the JV  conference. 

These power shifts between the conferences are still going on. Right now the AFC is the conference of the great young QBs: Mahomes, Allen, Watson (well, maybe), Jackson ... maybe even Mayfield and Burrow

NFC: the conference of old QBs still dominating - Brees (gone), Brady (please), Rodgers, with Murray as the young hope

12 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

I am relieved that Mahomes will be the one to suffer defeat at the hands of Brady. I am pissed that the league decided we didn’t get the opportunity by deciding the Honey badger and crew could blatantly mug Beasley and Diggs for an entire game. Sorensen and Matheu are dirty punks and our D didn’t play that game. I firmly believe that is why the Bills discipline meltdowns happened in the 4th qtr. That said TB is winning this title and Mahomes will have to settle for second place. I will actually pull for Brady for the first time in my life. 

I'm pulling for Mahomes. He's the best player in the league and it's not close. KC handed our assess to us fair and square. They're more talented and they played better. Deal with it.

This is an awful look for a so-called Bills fan.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Let's accept your premise: the Browns did a better job against KC. 

The score was 19-3 at half and 22-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter, in which Mahomes was hurt. It took the Browns 3 entire quarters of football to score 10 points vs KC. 

Its a simple game plan. High percentage plays and run the football with Chubb. Keep K C's O off the field. Its not always about the points.

Just now, Figster said:

Its a simple game plan. High percentage plays and run the football with Chubb. Keep K C's O off the field. Its not always about the points.

Yet we rushed for more yards vs KC than the Browns did. 

That game was only close because Mahomes went out with a quarter and a half to play. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

I am relieved that Mahomes will be the one to suffer defeat at the hands of Brady. I am pissed that the league decided we didn’t get the opportunity by deciding the Honey badger and crew could blatantly mug Beasley and Diggs for an entire game. Sorensen and Matheu are dirty punks and our D didn’t play that game. I firmly believe that is why the Bills discipline meltdowns happened in the 4th qtr. That said TB is winning this title and Mahomes will have to settle for second place. I will actually pull for Brady for the first time in my life. 

Just don’t watch the SB like me. I can’t stand Mahomes and Brady just makes me sick every time I hear or see him. That equals this SB just making me ***** puke 🤮. Seeing Brady winning the first SB in the city of the team will just be so horrendous. I’m putting in a ton of OT during the super bowl to completely avoid it.

8 minutes ago, Figster said:

So they kept the Chiefs offence off the field for longer yet they managed to gain more yardage and that’s without Mahomes for a quarter and a bit?

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be honest, I was disappointed with the quality of both Championship games.

Tom Brady threw three freakin' picks.  Three.  Green Bay got 1 TD and 2 punts out of it.

When you can't capitalize on 3 picks, you kind of deserve to lose.

KC had a better defense that stopped our offense.  Our defense couldn't stop their offense.  They were the better team.

I will be rooting for KC because I'm damned if I want to see Brady get another ring, but I believe that KC's D will force mistakes and that their offense will capitalize.

I thought GB/TB was a pretty darned entertaining game.

Way better than ours, which would have been a lousy game to watch for any 3rd party fan.

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yet we rushed for more yards vs KC than the Browns did. 

That game was only close because Mahomes went out with a quarter and a half to play. 

Without even looking I suspect our leading rusher was Allen

• Like (+1) 1

and BTW, the Browns faced next to zero offense for about 20 minutes of football due to Mahomes injury and still couldn't get the job done. KC basically stopped being able to play offense in the 3rd quarter, minus one crazy scramble. 

1 minute ago, Figster said:

1 minute ago, Figster said:

So those yards don't count?

Allen rushed for 88 yards, while Chubb (69 yards) and Hunt (32 yards) combined to just beat him out with 101 total. 

Another way to put that is Allen outrushed both Chubb and Hunt, who are a top notch running game. 

To all of the people here that hate Mahomes...why?  He's an amazing player and seems like a good dude.  Yeah he's not a Bill but I think it's okay to like players on other teams.

I also agree that anyone rooting for the Bucs to win the game should have their head examined.  Literally anyone over Brady should be a pretty automatic Bills fan opinion.  If Hitler was QBing the Chiefs, I would root for the Chiefs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Figster said:

If you call getting trolled immediately chummy. TBD was turning away anyone with an I P address from the area is why they were declined according to some of them. Bearcat, the mod that was himself, a nice guy IMO belongs to TBD. Perhaps he can chime in on it.

TBD always one step ahead luckily...

I am 99% sure that is not true.

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

and BTW, the Browns faced next to zero offense for about 20 minutes of football due to Mahomes injury and still couldn't get the job done. KC basically stopped being able to play offense in the 3rd quarter, minus one crazy scramble. 

Allen rushed for 88 yards, while Chubb (69 yards) and Hunt (32 yards) combined to just beat him out with 101 total. 

Another way to put that is Allen outrushed both Chubb and Hunt, who are a top notch running game. 

From what I've read here: Those yards don't count when they are accumulated by Lamar Jackson.

They do count when accumulated by Josh Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The difference is that most of Allen's yards (to my memory) came on scrambles rather than designed runs.

When a defense doesn't have to stop the designed run plays, they can focus more on taking away the pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I usually have a much stronger rooting interest in the Super Bowl (probably because the Pats are usually in it, and that's a no brainer).

I pulled for the Chiefs last year, and really like Mahomes. But man, that fanbase seems pretty toxic.  I know it's easy to generalize and there are always a "few bad apples," but the stuff I've seen on their board is unlike any other board I've visited.

They went from Jets-fan mentality to Pats-fan mentality x10, in no time flat.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The difference is that most of Allen's yards (to my memory) came on scrambles rather than designed runs.

When a defense doesn't have to stop the designed run plays, they can focus more on taking away the pass.

Exactly what they did, yet Daboll kept trying to force the issue.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

From what I've read here: Those yards don't count when they are accumulated by Lamar Jackson.

They do count when accumulated by Josh Allen.

Why would Lamar's yards not count? 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get that, but we also had more passing yards than the Browns.

The premise was that the Browns did a better job. Yet they had fewer yards and gave up almost identical total yards while facing a backup QB for a quarter and a half.