Diggs after game watching KC ceremony....

Hebert19

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

And why the f was yeldin like 25% of our offense 

Hence my post. Allen at his peak may not be good enough. I hope not but a possibility. Not all on Allen. But we got smacked down tonight. Not even close as scoreboard showed. 

Well with a decent D we aren't behind the 8 ball all game and its a different game.  Get what you are saying but he's got 3 injured receivers that they constantly showed were covered all game...and a D that couldn't stop anything. 

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

This is a possibility.

I like John Brown, but he could be a numbers victim.

McKenzie won't cost much to keep, Davis will be in his second year, and we have Hodgins waiting in the wings.

Think it's more than a possibility.  Without a huge cut in pay, would be surprised if he's back.

Likely when the Bills signed Brown to a contract, they were already figuring how in the following years draft which was going to have a deep WR group they'd draft one in the 1st or maybe 2nd round.  If they had done that Browns contract would be fine.  But once they traded for Diggs, and drafted Davis and Hodgins, think Browns fate is sealed as too much money in the WR grouping even with the rookies.

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

THANK YOU! 

I love the guy and he had an INCREDIBLE season, but whether he watches another team celebrate or not is totally irrelevant to winning football games.  

If he wants to go out there and do this, so be it; comes off as a form of grandstanding IMO.

He knows there is a big spotlight on him doing this sort of thing.

So you figure from half a field away, he lined himself up to be in the camera view?  He was just at the edge of the view.  If you're going to go to that much trouble why not line himself up front and cent, or just stand 10 feet being Tracy Wilson.

Was it strange that he was still out there, yes, but really doubt he was thinking at all about trying to put a spotlight on himself. Likely he wanted to remember what it looked like to be on the winning side so he doesn't forget next year.

As was pointed out McD was still out there as asked to do an interview so he stayed.  For all any of us know Diggs was there for the same reason, they planned to interview him but then CBS changed their mind due to lack of time.  Maybe they asked Allen first and he declined so went to Diggs next.

If you want to speculate that he was doing it to grandstand to be in the spotlight, then my argument that it was to be interviewed is just as valid.

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

THANK YOU! 

I love the guy and he had an INCREDIBLE season, but whether he watches another team celebrate or not is totally irrelevant to winning football games.  

If he wants to go out there and do this, so be it; comes off as a form of grandstanding IMO.

He knows there is a big spotlight on him doing this sort of thing.

Not sure what his intention was but he certainly could have watched from somewhere less conspicuous.

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Diggs Norman and McD stayed out. 

The McD hugging Diggs picture felt good to see. McD really does care about these players. What McD may lack on game day, he makes up for as being a leader of men. You can’t fake empathy. You can learn situational awareness football strategies. Look no further than Reid. Reid has always been loved by his players. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He couldn't separate last year, that's why they got Diggs. Still can't separate. 

It's not a speed issue.  Against Miami, which has good CB, Brown had 18 ypc.

Brown's issue is that he can be taken away by physical play 1:1.  The Ravens cancelled him last year.  So did the Texans.  So did the Browns.

He's gotten somewhat better by working with Chad Hall and Diggs, but KC totally took him out 1:1 last night.  Again, it's not an issue of speed to separate (not clear if you mean to imply this) it's an issue of being out-physicalled.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bring it man.

Lets hear your expert analysis.

let’s go, expert analysis go ahead. Call your shot, break it down man, what happened tonight? 

What would you have done different if you’re the Bills staff? 

I’ll say something. Brown effectively played in 8 games and had 458 yards and a 63.5 percent catch rate (very high for a deep threat receiver and the second best of his career). Prorated to 16 games, he would have had 66 catches for 916 yards, 6 TDs, and 13.9 ypc. For a #2, that is excellent. He played extremely well vs. Baltimore last week too, making tough catch after tough catch. But you didn’t mention that. He is also *clearly* not 100 percent. When he is healthy, though, he is very obviously a difference maker.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not a speed issue.  Against Miami, which has good CB, Brown had 18 ypc.

Brown's issue is that he can be taken away by physical play 1:1.  The Ravens cancelled him last year.  So did the Texans.  So did the Browns.

He's gotten somewhat better by working with Chad Hall and Diggs, but KC totally took him out 1:1 last night.  Again, it's not an issue of speed to separate (not clear if you mean to imply this) it's an issue of being out-physicalled.

Baltimore certainly didn’t cancel him last week.

Diggs is an elite status WR and closest player we have to the premium quality players we had in the early 90s. Josh is almost there and Beasley is close, but Diggs is a star. If we had a running back even 1/2 of Thurman last night we would have taken the pressure off Josh and the receivers to carry us and would have at least kept pace with the Chiefs.  I'm really impressed that Diggs lasted the whole season with the punishment he took. It seemed that defenses couldn't get enough of pounding him fairly and dirty throughout the season.

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I’ll say something. Brown effectively played in 8 games and had 458 yards and a 63.5 percent catch rate (very high for a deep threat receiver and the second best of his career). Prorated to 16 games, he would have had 66 catches for 916 yards, 6 TDs, and 13.9 ypc. For a #2, that is excellent. He played extremely well vs. Baltimore last week too, making tough catch after tough catch. But you didn’t mention that. He is also *clearly* not 100 percent. When he is healthy, though, he is very obviously a difference maker.

Baltimore certainly didn’t cancel him last week.

Baltimore didn't play to cancel Brown last week.  They played to cancel Beasley and limit Diggs, and figured they could cancel Brown by physical single coverage by their 3rd guy.  Keep in mind they're very familiar with Brown since he played for them in 2018.  To my eyes, Brown improved this off season - sharper cuts, more physical, sideline toe drags, lots of little stuff he didn't do last year.  So he took them by surprise, and made his plays.

I'll have to look at the film to see what KC did but I think they just out-physicaled him.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

15+ days later your going to say this huh?

Yup. I don't live day and night on chat boards. I saw this and responded.

Implying he was seeking publicity is quite cynical. Why do you have a problem with this and when did we institute a time limit on discourse?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1