Diggs after game watching KC ceremony....

Hebert19

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

THANK YOU! 

I love the guy and he had an INCREDIBLE season, but whether he watches another team celebrate or not is totally irrelevant to winning football games.  

If he wants to go out there and do this, so be it; comes off as a form of grandstanding IMO.

He knows there is a big spotlight on him doing this sort of thing.

WOW you are one tough guy.

You know NOTHING of what he is feeling right now.

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Well, generally I try to post insightful things and some analysis. 

I’ve run my mouth before, I pick and choose my spots. Typically save it for the REALLY dumb posters. 

Bring it man.

Lets hear your expert analysis.

let’s go, expert analysis go ahead. Call your shot, break it down man, what happened tonight? 

What would you have done different if you’re the Bills staff? 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bring it man.

Lets hear your expert analysis.

let’s go, expert analysis go ahead. Call your shot, break it down man, what happened tonight? 

What would you have done different if you’re the Bills staff? 

Ah, putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say “expert.” 

I can assure that my points are more fleshed out than “he’s just not good enough.” Real big brain analysis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ah, putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say “expert.” 

I can assure that my points are more fleshed out than “he’s just not good enough.” Real big brain analysis. 

TRUCK LOAD OF NOTHING JGMcD2

Brown had his chance tonight. Singled up in coverage and he couldn’t separate whatsoever. I’m not saying he needs to be cut, but Beane has to get another WR in here, because a 31 year old Brown can’t be handed the #2 spot. 

This team looked short on speed everywhere. 

I’m not sure why the Offensive staff decided to take McKenzie out of this offense. Two runs tonight and he immediately headed to the bench after both runs.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Brown had his chance tonight. Singled up in coverage and he couldn’t separate whatsoever. I’m not saying he needs to be cut, but Beane has to get another WR in here, because a 31 year old Brown can’t be handed the #2 spot. 

I’m not sure why the Offensive staff decided to take McKenzie out of this offense. Two runs tonight and he immediately headed to the bench after both runs.

Kenny Stills is already there... Beane is 4 moves ahead

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lenigmusx said:

Kenny Stills is already there... Beane is 4 moves ahead

Come on, he’s 29 and been on 4 teams now.

A good veteran find this late in the season, but he doesn’t turn this game tonight.

Cheifs were relentless on blitzes, so I agree with others, running back faster than a 4.62 is needed, a Tight End who can catch is needed, of course RT has been a patch job for years, and not one defensive playmaker on the line. 

Beane is smart and will attack it. I have faith in that.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Come on, he’s 29 and been on 4 teams now.

A good veteran find this late in the season, but he doesn’t turn this game tonight.

Cheifs were relentless on blitzes, so I agree with others, running back faster than a 4.62 is needed, a Tight End who can catch is needed, of course RT has been a patch job for years, and not one defensive playmaker on the line. 

Beane is smart and will attack it. I have faith in that.

I didn’t mean tonight I meant Stills is here for the future. 

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

THANK YOU! 

I love the guy and he had an INCREDIBLE season, but whether he watches another team celebrate or not is totally irrelevant to winning football games.  

If he wants to go out there and do this, so be it; comes off as a form of grandstanding IMO.

He knows there is a big spotlight on him doing this sort of thing.

So what Diggs did is a negative? He's a self-absorbed grandstander? Is that your opinion of him?

Just now, Lenigmusx said:

I didn’t mean tonight I meant Stills is here for the future. 

I know, but realistically he’s played his best ball.

At 29 and the stage of his career where he’s starting to go team to team he’s not the answer. 

Competition, in training camp, a 4th-5th WR, ok, but Diggs needed help it seemed tonight.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

So what Diggs did is a negative? He's a self-absorbed grandstander? Is that your opinion of him?

Diggs is a baller! The bomb and the best thing we have had in the WR room since Reed. No offense to those in between

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I know, but realistically he’s played his best ball.

At 29 and the stage of his career where he’s starting to go team to team he’s not the answer. 

Competition, in training camp, a 4th-5th WR, ok, but Diggs needed help it seemed tonight.

Beasley was legit but molested on every play... Brown let the ball bounce of his chest for the game changer... 

I really like this. If I were the Bills HC, I may have had my whole team stand at the 20 yard line and watch the whole thing... sorry but even pro athletes need to see this sometimes.... 

I really like this. If I were the Bills HC, I may have had my whole team stand at the 20 yard line and watch the whole thing... sorry but even pro athletes need to see this sometimes.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not sure why the Offenaive staff decided to take McKenzie out of this offense. Two runs tonight and he immediately headed to the bench after both runs.

Well that’s a lot different than a short sentence is it not? 

I mean your logic is fairly flawed in terms of separation. None of our WR were consistently creating separation against KC. I’m guessing we need to upgrade Diggs and Beasley as well because of that? 

KC has been eaten alive by TE and RB all year in the passing game. Their secondary is severely underrated, they play physical against WR and get away with it. They’ve struggled the most against TE because their LB are not particularly great. I said going into the game Knox was going to need to be relied on heavily because of that, athletically he’s a mismatch for their LB, but he has obvious consistency issues. It seemed the game plan was to get him involved early, but the constant pressure from the Chiefs didn’t give Josh the opportunity to process anything. Eventually it just became the Bills playing catch up and there didn’t really seem to be a plan anymore. It just looked like Josh trying to improvise with the play breaking down all around him. 

The team lacked aggressiveness tonight and looked like they were playing scared. McDermott, for the second time this season, couldn’t figure out an answer for KC on defense. I thought they were on to something early but Mahomes escaped a few times and got into a groove. I felt like it was necessary to keep him in the pocket because, like Josh, he causes a lot of damage when improvising. Not that he can’t and won’t shred you from the pocket. Once things started rolling for the Chiefs offensively, and we had to scratch and claw to get down the field, it got out of hand quick. I don’t know on McKenzie, I know he was battling an injury but hasn’t been on the report. I don’t think his 2-3 gadget plays a game change anything here. Although it is puzzling that he wasn’t really experimented with. 

Ultimately the Chiefs are in a league of their own. They outplayed us and we don’t matchup well with them. The moment seemed too big and the Bills looked like they were playing at a slower speed than KC the whole time. Some of it is experience, as many of those players have been there before (yes, believe me, it matters) and the other part was just that they’re flat out a better team. 

A player like Kyle Dugger or Jeremy Chinn would be extremely useful in combatting Kelce (and any TE for us moving forward). I know there are a few uber athletic linebackers like Z. Collins, JOK, Nick Bolton and then Hamsah Niserildheen (spelling) that’s a hybrid safety type. We also sorely lack a pass rusher than can wreck a game. As much as we can’t take a WR in RD1, I’d love a guy like Kadarius Toney from FL. He would add the speed element to the offense, his stop start ability is next level, and he can play all over. He’s not quite Tyreek Hill, but he reminds me of him slightly. I think that transforms the offense, but I haven’t done as much digging into any other players who may be like that. 

The biggest thing, is the staff needs to take pressure off of Josh. He just can’t be the entire offense, it’s not sustainable. He also needs to continue to improve when it comes to taking what the defense gives him. The more he evolves into dink/dunk down the field and then sprinkle in those explosive plays, the easier the game will be for him. It’s one way for him to combat the pressure of having to do absolutely everything for the offense to function. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

Diggs is a baller! The bomb and the best thing we have had in the WR room since Reed. No offense to those in between

Off the top of my head only guy I can think of that came close in between was Moulds. 

Players on the losing side watching on field celebrations is nothing new in sports. But it's usually viewed in a positive way.