FGs versus TDs against the Chiefs

Wayne Cubed

23 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Brown.  Not healthy.  Will need surgery.  

Cole. Not healthy.   Will need surgery. 

Gabe not healthy.  Who knows. 

Combine that will loss of moss and its tough to keep up with KC. 

Couldn't agree more.  Diggs not healthy either.  I think the damaged receiving corps was a big factor on offense.  Sure would like Najee Harris!  

31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Watching the game, do you actually feel they would have scored either time.  Based on how they looked the only difference would have been instead of losing by 14, they'd have lost by 20.

I understand the argument, but tonight the way we played, nothing was being gained by going for a TD other than lose by more.

The way we played nothing was being gained by kicking field goals.

Play to win the game. kicking field goals isn’t playing to win.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Couldn't agree more.  Diggs not healthy either.  I think the damaged receiving corps was a big factor on offense.  Sure would like Najee Harris!  

We had opportunities though just didn’t convert. Conservative play killed us forcing us out of game plan on offense. The banged up receiving Corp couldn’t keep up with a porous Defense that didn’t even attempt to cover the one player they had too. Couple that with a DC who wouldn’t change plans and pencil in the L.  After the first refuse on 4th I saw the writing on the wall. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This is the correct answer. Players had more fight then the coaches.

Players gave it their all.  Love watching Josh spill his guts on the field.  Our front 7 has no stars or studs.  And Edmonds just plain sucks.  We did not play or coach like a confident team against the Chiefs like we did against Baltimore.  But it was a great season nonetheless.  We are climbing he mountain.  Won two playoff games.  We will learn from this and get better.  Need a big time RB.  Singletary brings little.  And some upgrades in the front 7.  No game changers on D to take the momentum away from the Chiefs.  Beane and McDermott will keep charging and take us to the top soon enuf.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It got them within 14 points and if the next drive they did score, could have made it 7.  If we'd have gone for TD's on those drives and got nothing, we'd have been 20 points behind at the end.

The game plan throughout the playoffs changed. I have no idea why. 

offensively we stopped using motion and McKenzie. He was a no factor in every game. We brought him in for a couple plays and that was it. 

We tried to go with intermediate routes when the 5-8 yarders were there consistently. 2nd and 3 we went for stupid plays instead of getting the first down.

The defensive game plan as well was total failure. We need a Defensive coach who will gamble and someone who can rush the passer.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Will he? This game and game plan wasn’t much different from the week 6 match up. McD had the play not to lose game plan that week and he did this week. 

He didn't learn from the playoff loss last year. Why would he learn now?

I don't know, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me right now. I just don't have faith in McDermott ever getting it. 

42 minutes ago, texasjute said:

The eight points left on the table would have made a huge difference in the fourth quarter. More importantly, I think calls to go for it would have made a big difference in the energy and approach of the team. You gotta play to win at this level. 

I thought the ran too much early on,  let it all hang out.  Sean blew at the end of the 2nd quarter,  your not beating KC with FG'S

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I felt like today, of all days, was not the day to go for FGs against the Chiefs. 

I found the entire offensive game plan a bit odd but would love to get others thoughts.

ive said in other threads.

they get TDs instead of FGs inside the 10 and the D holds them to a couple FGs instead of TDs the game is tied.

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Daboll had a really odd postseason. Questionable play calls and game plans throughout the 3 games. No killer instinct this game. That was the difference in the game. Kc was able to get whatever they wanted through the air and the ground and the bills kept having to settle for 3s. 

Couldn't agree more. The Bills offense from weeks 14 - 17 is not the offense we saw in the playoffs. Also, I love Josh, but I think he needs to work on staying calm and playing within himself. He seems to get too hyped in big games. Hopefully he got this out of his system, and next time he can play like he's been there before. I believe in him.

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It got them within 14 points and if the next drive they did score, could have made it 7.  If we'd have gone for TD's on those drives and got nothing, we'd have been 20 points behind at the end.

Or if we got both of those TDs and extra points that’s another 8 points and a completely different game. If you don’t get it they have the ball in terrible field position. 

They made the wrong and gutless decision. It was clear to see when we did it and it’s obviously wrong in retrospect because we lost. Idc if we lose by 6 more points. A loss is a loss if it’s by 1 point or 60. Play to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

Couldn't agree more. The Bills offense from weeks 14 - 17 is not the offense we saw in the playoffs. Also, I love Josh, but I think he needs to work on staying calm and playing within himself. He seems to get too hyped in big games. Hopefully he got this out of his system, and next time he can play like he's been there before. I believe in him.

It's completely a different game though when refs in the regular season vs the playoffs call absolutely nothing. That is what the Bills coaching, WRs and DBs need to understand. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, RichVP said:

I thought today was the day to do the same run heavy power look we did early in the year, granted it was only for one or two games. Moss out or not. It seemed like we let the Chiefs dictate the play too much.

I was surprised on a few key “and 3” plays we didn’t power run with Josh honestly. 2nd and 3 in the red zone? At least 1 of the next 3 plays should’ve been him taking a shot (unless that off shoulder was actually hurt last week)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I felt like today, of all days, was not the day to go for FGs against the Chiefs. 

I found the entire offensive game plan a bit odd but would love to get others thoughts.

I 100% agree. That was my single biggest issue all game. I love how we came out in our first drive and went for it on 4th down. I though alright the coaches realize we are going to have to score a lot to win this game. 

then we went into a shell. Sure, if you go for it on 4th down and miss it sucks and its deflating. But the Chiefs are unlike any other team in the NFL. Theyre going to score a lot.  field goals are just not going to cut it and before you know it youre playing catch up and its simply too late. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don’t have problem kicking FGs if it means keepingit a one score game Then hoping your D can stop thenpossessions was...

FG-punt

TD-TD

punt-TD

punt-TD

FG-half-FG

FG-TD

red zone INT-TD

38-15 at this point

The two FGs were inside 10–thats 8 pts

red zone INT could have been 7

hold one of their TDs to a FG 

Before the INT drive the score coukd have bern something like 31-23. If they held them to a FG it’s 27-23at the start of the 4th in the red zone.

if KC was constantly stopping buffalo it woukd be different. They held buffalo to two FGs and Bills didnt stop TDs KC got. 

• Agree 1