FGs versus TDs against the Chiefs

Wayne Cubed

• Wayne Cubed changed the title to FGs versus TDs against the Chiefs

The eight points left on the table would have made a huge difference in the fourth quarter. More importantly, I think calls to go for it would have made a big difference in the energy and approach of the team. You gotta play to win at this level. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I thought the gameplans on both sides of the ball needed to be lit on fire and burned. They sucked. Bills OLine looked like trash again. Bills DLine looked like trash rushing the passer. Bills coverage was atrocious. No chip on Kelce on the line giving him a free release...no jam on Hill when doubling him.

Bills played poorly, coached poorly and got beaten soundly.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I felt like today, of all days, was not the day to go for FGs against the Chiefs. 

I found the entire offensive game plan a bit odd but would love to get others thoughts.

We were trying to be balanced on offense and keep the ball. Sadly we get beat up in the red zone and didn't get TDs when we needed. Plus missed plays like Singletary's drop killed momentum etc. Toss in the defense gave up big plays that flipped the field. 

• Sad 1

Just now, texasjute said:

The eight points left on the table would have made a huge difference in the fourth quarter. More importantly, I think calls to go for it would have made a big difference in the energy and approach of the team. You gotta play to win at this level. 

Watching the game, do you actually feel they would have scored either time.  Based on how they looked the only difference would have been instead of losing by 14, they'd have lost by 20.

I understand the argument, but tonight the way we played, nothing was being gained by going for a TD other than lose by more.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I felt like today, of all days, was not the day to go for FGs against the Chiefs. 

I found the entire offensive game plan a bit odd but would love to get others thoughts.

Daboll had a really odd postseason. Questionable play calls and game plans throughout the 3 games. No killer instinct this game. That was the difference in the game. Kc was able to get whatever they wanted through the air and the ground and the bills kept having to settle for 3s. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Brown.  Not healthy.  Will need surgery.  

Cole. Not healthy.   Will need surgery. 

Gabe not healthy.  Who knows. 

Combine that will loss of moss and its tough to keep up with KC. 

No argument there.

But they had Stills as an option.

They had Freeman as an option.

And in the end, they settled for FGs over TDs with the game and their season on the line.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

No argument there.

But they had Stills as an option.

They had Freeman as an option.

And in the end, they settled for FGs over TDs with the game and their season on the line.

Stills and Freeman would have been better than Davis/Brown & Singletary is pretty much useless at this point...

The gameplans were awful. Daboll went into a shell (Josh did audible quite a bit, so how much is him vs Dabs idk). The defensive game plan was awful, no point playing a soft zone to keep Hill and Kelce in front of you and still let them torch you - who else were we worried about. We did nothing to take them away and we made zero adjustments to even attempt it...Mahomes had all day to throw

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Stills and Freeman would have been better than Davis/Brown & Singletary is pretty much useless at this point...

The gameplans were awful. Daboll went into a shell (Josh did audible quite a bit, so how much is him vs Dabs idk). The defensive game plan was awful, no point playing a soft zone to keep Hill and Kelce in front of you and still let them torch you - who else were we worried about. We did nothing to take them away and we made zero adjustments to even attempt it...Mahomes had all day to throw

Yea, I agree. Lets the players who got you there win it! It felt like such a soft game plan and we played down to the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1