1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

That play was disappointing for sure, but their D was owning us at that point. As they did all night - receivers blanketed, Josh on the move, no run game (per usual).  This just in, KC is good - gotta score, score, score...

KC commiting defensive holding and illegal contact downfield all game and getting away with it. No surprise the whistles have been put away in the playoffs. Bills receivers were not ready for that. Needed to have a better plan.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

The Bills were good most of the season when they got deep in enemy territory. But Daboll could not dial up anything tonight when the field tightened up. If he had this would have been a shoot-out. Maybe we still lose...But it would have been a lot closer. 😎

That INT was a gut punch too. 

We need that and like 2 stops from D to have a shot. 

24 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Final thoughts:

Team was not ready.

No ability to count on RB1 for plays. Singletary is a huge issue.

Need a Tyreek Hill type guy. 

Coaches...terrible gameplan on D.

Terrible situational football. Going for FGs versus the chiefs is not a good plan. 

Playcalling uncreative and bland. 

If your going to play the bend but but dont break, you've got to stiffen up and make some plays....generate turnovers or get stops on 4th and short, force FGs even. Bills had no answer for Mahomes. 

Need a stud pass rusher.

Josh was not the reason we lost. No time to throw. Oline played bad...team loss.

Yep a stud pass rushers gets you turnovers and sacks I think D line and running back is our biggest need. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

KC commiting defensive holding and illegal contact downfield all game and getting away with it. No surprise the whistles have been put away in the playoffs. Bills receivers were not ready for that. Needed to have a better plan.

Stop.  Bills were completely dominated all game.  The Chiefs even gave us a free TD and it wasn’t even close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Not not like we were the only team that couldn't stop them this year (or the past 3 years).  Kelce is a problem for the whole league, especially this D that can't stop a TE regardless...

In the last 30 years, I bet we’ve given up more passing yards to TEs than any other franchise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I can accept a loss to KC but it’s how they lost and the decisions by our coaching staff that I’m struggling with. 

Activating GB over Stills was just assinine. Even Kroft would have been helpful to the offense tonight. You knew you needed points but you severely limited the receiving core. Allen is a stud but he SHOULD NOT be your running game.

Daboll tried to outsmart them by highlighting DV and Knox. KC will take that all day. Bills look ill prepared and Daboll’s playcalling in the red zone was beyond pathetic tonight. He had no response to adjust to KC’s blitzing. 

Frazier let KC run free untouched all night. It was an easy game of pitch and catch. Mahomes was not sacked or really pressured the entire game. You just sat back and let them have easy 10 yard completions. 

Expected so much more from the coaching staff!

Hey all great game, You all do have a great QB and I am sure you will be in the running year in and year out. Congrats on making it this far. Good luck next year. Please give me a link so I can donate to Josh Allen's foundation. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Same case for early game. Only holds PI called were totally obvious ones with elongated shirt grabs....etc...

League needs to be consistant here!

Edited by RichRiderBills

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Two turning points to me was when Chris Jones punched Mongo and nothing happened. Can't let them punk you there. I do understand that they're trying to play discipline, but you have to establish your turf. Singletary drops screen pass. Team lost momentum. 

Next play he should’ve been buried. Holding call or not. Straight double team and maul him. Bring the tight end out of the backfield and triple team him if you have too. 
we played soft and looked scared all game. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep.  We actually would have been better off trying to run the ball more, take time off the clock and prevent KC defense from pinning their ears back. Rumors that Josh Allen kills the blitz are greatly exaggerated.

Allen did do well against the blitz during the year, but the way our receivers were covered tonight......there wasn't much he could do. He waited too long too many times for someone to get open. I think he should have tried rolling out to his left just to try to throw off their gameplan

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mafioso said:

Stop.  Bills were completely dominated all game.  The Chiefs even gave us a free TD and it wasn’t even close.

What is more likely? That KCs average at best secondary suddenly became the 2000 Ravens overnight, or that they were playing on the other side of the line most of the game?  The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

I can accept a loss to KC but it’s how they lost and the decisions by our coaching staff that I’m struggling with. 

Activating GB over Stills was just assinine. Even Kroft would have been helpful to the offense tonight. You knew you needed points but you severely limited the receiving core. Allen is a stud but he SHOULD NOT be your running game.

Daboll tried to outsmart them by highlighting DV and Knox. KC will take that all day. Bills look ill prepared and Daboll’s playcalling in the red zone was beyond pathetic tonight. He had no response to adjust to KC’s blitzing. 

Frazier let KC run free untouched all night. It was an easy game of pitch and catch. Mahomes was not sacked or really pressured the entire game. You just sat back and let them have easy 10 yard completions. 

Expected so much more from the coaching staff!

Where were the tunnel screens that burned teams on the blitz so often this year?

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I do also think we saw John Browns last game as a Bill. He brings Nothing Gabe Davis doesn’t. Replace him with speed in the Draft. 

Brown is actually one of the fastest players on the team.  Davis is not even close in speed. 

Brown he may be gone because of salary and injuries, but he brings speed and experience that will need to be replaced.  

The defensive scheme was correct but offensively Buffalo was too one-dimensional this year. The only gameplan that works against the Chiefs is to shorten the game, but Buffalo didn't have the offense to do it this season because they can't run.

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

The difference today was speed. Buffalo couldn't match up with KC's speed on either side of the ball.

Tackling and attitude too. KC was playing a lot of man, but if anyone catches the ball they don't miss the tackle. Our defense has been plagued with poor tacking all season, allowing huge RAC.

They were willing to cheap shot Allen and hit him late, they punched our offense in the mouth and McD had these guys so scared of taking penalties that we tipped over into the B word zone. Should have laid some late hits on Mahomes and pointed at their d-line on the sideline, "Got the message?".

You hit our QB late, we hit yours. Then that nonsense would have stopped...

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Allen did do well against the blitz during the year, but the way our receivers were covered tonight......there wasn't much he could do. He waited too long too many times for a someone to get open. I think he should have tried rolling out to his left just to try to throw off their gameplan

Something was going on—guys were just not getting open.  I thought Romo was right on point—everything was too hard for Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 1