1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I am SO PISSED ABOUT THIS GAME. 

I could have handled the loss, If we played our game. Instead we get a SCARED coaching display. What I saw today I saw from every other Bills coaching staff for 2 Decades against NE. 

the Silver lining I won’t have to wake up super early Monday Morning to watch the Super Bowl while in Jordan. 

So thankful for the fun this team gave me this year.

kC is the better team and we can’t make mistakes like Singletary’s atrocious drop and Brown’s drop and expect to beat them. We were up 9-7 and driving and Singletary dropped that easy catch. Changed all momentum.

coaching staff picked a really bad time to lay an egg. Defensive game plan was pathetic and Dabold has no answer to the blitz. 

mcdermotts decisionmaking on when to kick the and going for 2 on that last TD was inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Story of the game... complete inability to even acknowledge the other team had a tight end, let alone cover him.   They have to figure out how to stop tight ends.  

They were the worst eat it all year, guess it was hopefull thinking it would change tonight... 

Of all the position group matchups, the biggest loss was the Bills coaches vs the KC coaches.

Now, let's see what Beane does to acquire a piece to help limit the Kelce's of the world. Why did they never try manning over him with Neal?

Just now, Big Turk said:

They may have replaced him with Stills

True McKenzie can stay though should be cheap and also speed. I think he stays and replaced Robert’s at this point. 

this offseason is going to be interesting specially if they Pay Allen this Offseason. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Turbo44 said:

So thankful for the fun this team gave me this year.

kC is the better team and we can’t make mistakes like Singletary’s atrocious drop and Brown’s drop and expect to beat them. We were up 9-7 and driving and Singletary dropped that easy catch. Changed all momentum.

coaching staff picked a really bad time to lay an egg. Defensive game plan was pathetic and Dabold has no answer to the blitz. 

mcdermotts decisionmaking on when to kick the and going for 2 on that last TD was inexcusable.

Why would you go for two when 1 PT gets you to 16? It makes no sense...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1st....Congratulations to the Bills for their season......You have a great QB.....you'll be competing for YEARS.  I remember when Mahomes lost this same game in 2018....it sucked...but you'll be back as long as you have Allen.

2nd....

Kind of went how I thought.  KC was able to cover your recievers with our stable of DB's.  Buffalo not a threat to run, and Knox isn't a threat at TE.

Kelce was glaringly huge in this game.

When KC was down 9-0 after the muffed punt...no panic..no doubt....KC had seen that before....been down early in big games before...CALM.

I also thought the Bills pass rush wouldn't get there with only 4..and they didn't...and when you did get there a few times..Mahomes made plays.

Hill was the one surprise...I didn't  htink he'd go off like he did.

I thinl you all can see what your next steps need to be.....you need 3 things in no paritlcular order.....an edge pass rusher (or two)  a legit TE. ....and a more balanced running game.

I know the Bills come to KC in the regular season next year....hopefully we will also have another post season match up as well.  

Lastly...thanks for allowing me to be a part of your awesome community.  Alwasy enjoy the discourse here.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3