1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was at the game and thought allen actually played really well after some early jitters considering what he had to work with...maybe things look different on tv idk lol.   Mahomes being better overall sure ill concede that point to anybody.  Mahomes does nothing tonight under center for the bills...every receiver was locked up all night long and the offensive line was consistently getting steamrolled. You cannot even come close to comparing the two qbs vastly different situations this game.  Honestly thank goodness mahomes started Chad henne wouldve lit us up tonight 

What game were you watching lol ball hit brown's hands and deflected upward and the safety coming in to assist on the tackle that wasn't quite there yet had the ball land in his lap...it was an on the money throw to brown and then brown made an on the money throw right to the chiefs 🤣

Same one as you! Double coverage, too many around to be forcing that throw!

11 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

It was double coverage and terrible throw!

Knox did drop the ball one play before as well. He doesn’t come through enough despite having enough athleticism. 

Its instincts. Maybe not being counted on as a main threat in college. He’s just an athlete it seems, not a heady dependable player.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

From the TV it just looked like every WR (especially on the outside - Brown and Diggs) were draped in coverage.

Only Beasley was able to get away from time to time.

Also, it looked like pressure was coming from both DEs and Allen couldn’t step up because Jones was right there as well pushing Morse back.

Is that what it looked like from higher up? 

When I watched live (like all of us), they just showed Allen in the pocket, and it's easy to have a gut reaction of "just get rid of it!" and all that. But then they showed the replay from a different angle, and you could see what Allen was seeing - it was a real eye opener.   Every time they did that, guys were just blanketed.  No one was getting free.

I'm still a little floored by how that part of the game played out. We haven't had many games like that - and I've seen Chiefs games where they didn't seem to cover quite at that level.  Just one of those nights.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, RockyBalboa said:

That was probably pretty close to the most separation our receivers had in man coverage all night lol if you're faulting Allen for making that well thrown pass bevause there was a defender close we wouldve had about 30 yards of offense all night 🤣 

2 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Maybe someone besides Beasley could get open... otherwise, Allen forcing throws was necessary, especially with Jones and Clark bearing down on him with minor resistance. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That was probably pretty close to the most separation our receivers had in man coverage all night lol if you're faulting Allen for making that well thrown pass bevause there was a defender close we wouldve had about 30 yards of offense all night 🤣 

Mahomes doesn't throw that pass or pick in the clutch time baby! Enough said!

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

From the TV it just looked like every WR (especially on the outside - Brown and Diggs) were draped in coverage.

Only Beasley was able to get away from time to time.

Also, it looked like pressure was coming from both DEs and Allen couldn’t step up because Jones was right there as well pushing Morse back.

Is that what it looked like from higher up? 

And again, not much pre snap movement, or McKenzie, or wide formations. We ran a lot of Colts formations with tight trips and less spacing. 

Thats exactly what it looked like...it was far from just brown and diggs too they took the entire passing game away with press man I did not think they had the personnel for that...that is scary if they can cover that well on a consistent basis i just dont see how they'll ever lose 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

When I watched live (like all of us), they just showed Allen in the pocket, and it's easy to have a gut reaction of "just get rid of it!" and all that. But then they showed the replay from a different angle, and you could see what Allen was seeing - it was a real eye opener.   Every time they did that, guys were just blanketed.  No one was getting free.

I'm still a little floored by how that part of the game played out. We haven't had many games like that - and I've seen Chiefs games where they didn't seem to cover quite at that level.  Just one of those nights.

Only thing I could point out on Allen.

There was a fixed throw to Brown or Diggs outside the numbers when Yeldon was wide open for a 15 yard dump off.

I think I saw a similar Beasley open play, as you said, from the other side of the coin vantage point.

And Allen’s escape instincts always take him right and I wonder what defenses do to force that even more. Tonight they didn’t get any toe tap

miracles. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

3 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Haha mahomes has not thrown a pick on a well thrown ball because its bounced off his receivers hands in his entire career? I'll have to research this 🤣 youre beating up allen for honestly a great throw its so odd to me.  A wide open receiver could just as easily tip a ball up in the air and get it picked.  The defender that actually made the interception was trailing the play.  So you're just never gonna pass because every ball can be picked off at any time? And im supposing you're never gonna run cuz you can fumble the snap lol might as well punt on first down 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

That was deep in the game, and the story was already being played out. 

That didn’t “set the tone” for the game

or anything like that. The Bills were down multiple scores and Allen was in a scramble drill. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Only thing I could point out on Allen.

There was a fixed throw to Brown or Diggs outside the numbers when Yeldon was wide open for a 15 yard dump off.

I think I saw a similar Beasley open play, as you said, from the side

of the coin.

And Allen’s escape instincts always take him right and I wonder what defenses do to force that even more. Tonight they didn’t get any toe tap

miracles. 

Allen made one preposterous play rolling right but it was more in the middle of the field.  Chiefs got him on a really nice corner blitz from the side he was rolling too early on I think it was right but im not 100% sure...much like we were doing against lamar.  Yea I noticed one where he had beasley and he went for a deep corner route instead thats the only play that stood out to me. Im sure josh was shocked that he was getting the single coverage looks he wanted and nobody could beat their man

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha mahomes has not thrown a pick on a well thrown ball because its bounced off his receivers hands in his entire career? I'll have to research this 🤣 youre beating up allen for honestly a great throw its so odd to me.  A wide open receiver could just as easily tip a ball up in the air and get it picked.  The defender that actually made the interception was trailing the play.  So you're just never gonna pass because every ball can be picked off at any time? And im supposing you're never gonna run cuz you can fumble the snap lol might as well punt on first down 

Mahomes wouldn't throw that pass or pick on that play in that situation! Allen choked in the clutch time! Enough said!

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That was deep in the game, and the story was already being played out. 

That didn’t “set the tone” for the game

or anything like that. The Bills were down multiple scores and Allen was in a scramble drill. 

It wasn't even a bad pass though haha thats the part thats confusing me.  Did I see it wrong did it not hit brown directly in both hands? Honestly if this guy is a chiefs fan and doesn't trust mahomes to make that throw then thats a negative for mahomes not a positive

1 minute ago, RockyBalboa said:

Mahomes wouldn't throw that pass or pick on that play in that situation! Allen choked in the clutch time! Enough said!

Thanks Rocky, you’ve said the same thing 17 times.

Thanks for the expert analysis.

The play before Knox drops a laser that hit his hands, Brown was double covered and the ball still got there.

The broadcast all night showed Allen harassed with nowhere to throw the ball.

I pointed out two dump offs that Allen bypassed for more difficult throws, but overall, dump offs to Beasley and Yeldon aren’t going to win Conference Title Games.

Allen had 200 yards passing, 88 on the ground. He fought his guts out.

I know Mahomes is the new GOAT according to the Kingdom, but he isn’t Brady yet either. There’s always a bigger fish. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The play before Knox drops a laser that hit his hands, Brown was double covered and the ball still got there.

I pointed out two dump offs that Allen bypassed for more difficult throws, but overall, dump offs to Beasley and Yeldon aren’t going to win Conference Title Games.

I know Mahomes is the new GOAT according to the Kingdom, but he isn’t Brady yet either. There’s always a bigger fish. 

Hes a chiefs fan trolling im pretty sure based on the 0 post total lol its a shame every time you really respect a player on another team and are impressed at what they can do one of their fans has to ruin it 🤣

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

The thing that burns me more than anything is that the Browns gave KC more of a game than we did. KC didn't move the ball at will against them like they did us. Beane saw that we needed a playmaking WR and got him last year. Who does he decide to go after this year?

The Browns faced a banged up Mahomes. You'd never know he had the same toe injury against us. Toss in the Bills don't have a Myles Garrett type on the defensive line.

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

4 times! Correct, double covered..and you don't throw that pass, period.

• Dislike 1