1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think Josh took major steps this year taking what Defenses gave him...But I totally agree Josh was looking a bit too much for someone to shake loose down the field. He's got to get better in that regard. But I'm optimistic. 

Allen has to learn that those dump offs and passes underneath are money too.

How many of KC's dinks and dunks went for big RAC yards? Did Mahomes have to hit a lot of deep home runs or was he just able to keep taking what Frazier was giving him and work down the field? Admittedly KC seems better at tackling to ensure less RAC and the Bills D struggles with that, but the point remains.

That is the lesson that Allen has gotten at times this year, but has to be reinforced. There are no style points.

• Like (+1) 4

Tough position for a young QB to be in, your coaches getting outcoached, no running game to take pressure off, blocking not great, receivers not winning vs tight man coverage and your D not gonna stop them.  Like i said before this loss would have been even worse with most other QBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, billybob71 said:

Tough position for a young QB to be in, your coaches getting outcoached, no running game to take pressure off, blocking not great, receivers not winning vs tight man coverage and your D not gonna stop them.  Like i said before this loss would have been even worse with most other QBs.

Facts.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't really recognize that KC defense. I've watched them quite a bit this year - that had to be one of the best games they played.

Spags just called it perfectly.  There was constant pressure on Josh, and at the same time, the receivers were well covered.  Not the easiest thing to pull off.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

This is true.

A lot of folks let Allen down tonight, but he will take the whole blame....it's how he is wired.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dick_Cheney said:

Facts.

We lose that game by 100 without Josh allen...I only got a chance to see him in person one other time and some of these plays he makes are just unreal when you see them live...he missed a couple throws early but he did better than anyone else wouldve done with that to work with imo.  Idk how they did it but the chiefs played man against us and completely shut down everyone 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Mahomes comes into the game coming off concussed and with a bad toe and we barely touched him, Kelsey or Hill all game. I’d love to see

the defensive philosophy coming into the game because getting no pressure on mahomes while leaving Hill and Kelsey open all game makes zero sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Allen has to learn that those dump offs and passes underneath are money too.

How many of KC's dinks and dunks went for big RAC yards? Did Mahomes have to hit a lot of deep home runs or was he just able to keep taking what Frazier was giving him and work down the field? Admittedly KC seems better at tackling to ensure less RAC and the Bills D struggles with that, but the point remains.

That is the lesson that Allen has gotten at times this year, but has to be reinforced. There are no style points.

Yep...Take what they give you...Then that will lead to bigger and better things...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This was a very disappointing loss obviously,  but for some reason i’m not too down.  i think from Q2 on you could see we were not the better club.  Easier to take this than a last second Mahomes come from behind win or something like that. 

I think the Bills were a bit exposed in the playoffs.  Cant just be Allen and Diggs next season.  They need some balance, more speed, a running game,  more stout of a defense. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think he threw it away only 2-3 times tops. He was nonchalant about it - just threw it in a spot no one was at.

Not a lot of stopping going on.... did they punt the ball even once?

They punted on their first drive and then scored every single drive after that.

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

We would've lost anyways, but I really didn't enjoy watching a guy who should've been ejected in the first quarter get pressure on Allen and praise from romo and nantz all game long.

Yep that’s an example of a p*ssy ref not have the b*lls to make the right call. Afraid to make the right call- pathetic

27 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

The best adjustment I saw from the Bills in the second half was bringing Yeldon in and using the flats more to counter the blitz.

I'd like to see them use them to counter the blitz more often.  

Imagine next season if we have a RB with speed in the flats for josh to dump off too

Just now, Success said:

When did we become such a hot-take nation?  Has it always been like that?

Watching some of the pundits & checking twitter, you'd think Allen never had the season he did.  

I mean, only 1 team gets to win in the end.....

We all know that they will quickly build up that pedestal nice and high, then push you off in an instance of failure.

That is why players and teams should not buy into the hype.

We had gaps on our team all year, sometimes our offense saved us, sometimes defense, sometimes special teams. We rarely had complete games because we were always doing things to disguise our inability to run the ball, or to stop the run, or to create pressure. We did a good job of taking chances borrowing from an area where teams were weak to counter where they were strong, but that often fails when you run into a more complete team without a lot of holes you can expose.

It was a good run, with some miracle big plays and gutsy performances along the way but this team is not there yet.

I do thank them for a really enjoyable season and hope they find those missing pieces and go even further next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Success said:

When did we become such a hot-take nation?  Has it always been like that?

Watching some of the pundits & checking twitter, you'd think Allen never had the season he did.  

I mean, only 1 team gets to win in the end.....

I would guess most of these hot takes aren't Bills fans just people who originally said Allen would suck and they still grasping at straws to be proven right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1