1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

25 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Worst at it, duh, we were the worst at covering tight ends statistically this year, can you understand that?

The tight end part, I understand. I don't understand what I need to eat all year. Maybe bok choy for B, C and calcium?

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No doubt Mongo was terrible.  He’s a FA as well and they should look to upgrade there - he probably lost his roster spot tonight.

Was one of the worst games I've seen Mongo play... he was awful tonight and that's being kind.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah it's okay to lose the AFC Championship game. The disappointment comes from the fact that we didn't even look close to being able to compete with KC. And that's who our competition is for the next several years. Beane has to spend all of his attention in the draft and free agency on building a team that can hang with KC.

That’s exactly right.  The difference in the game was Mahomes, Kelce and Hill.  Allen can close the gap with Mahomes, but we’ve got no one who can compare to those other two guys.  (Sorry, Diggs) It’s going to be huge task.

Proud of this team, but out coached badly tonight as they had no answer to the blitz and the d game plan was obviously horrendous.

he’s probably a nice guy but

i have absolutely no need to

ever see Singletary in a bills uniform again. He’s horrible in short yardage and his drops are inexcusable. Need an upgrade here

Great season. Tough way to go out. That annoying albeit occasionally informative chiefs fan who posts here was right about their WR coverage. It was superb. Coverage sacks galore.

No TE weapon and no running game hurt. Terrible OLine and defense made it lopsided.

Hope we go on more runs down the road!

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

WGR ripping Mcd about the field goals...  I thought they were all the right moves.  You go into the half down 9 and put it on your defense to make a stop.  Better than a demoralized team that just got blown out in the second quarter 21-0.

We had chances, didn't convert, and it cost us.  Proud of the year this team had and will leave with lots of hope for next year

No way. It was totally gutless and I knew we were doomed at that point 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No doubt Mongo was terrible.  He’s a FA as well and they should look to upgrade there - he probably lost his roster spot tonight.

Yep...Can't pay Market Value for that guy. If he comes back cheap so-be-it. But the Bills need to upgrade the O-line. I don't think standing pat is a good idea.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I thought Feliciano was MUCH worse than Williams.  He let guys get past him at least 4 times today.  

This team has the potential to go all the way.  Great management, franchise QB, great coach.  They need to refine and improve year over year.  I trust them to do that

Mongo had a horrible game. He was getting owned all game long and then threw a temper tantrum late, like that guy who is beat in a fight but still tries to talk tough as he drags himself off the ground. You got beat like a drum, own it and learn to play better.

Always baffled by how reluctant this coaching staff is to play guys they elevate from the PS. They will stick to their 1-legged, wounded, ineffective starter rather than take a shot with someone healthy off the bench.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The tight end part, I understand. I don't understand what I need to eat all year. Maybe bok choy for B, C and calcium?

It was supposed to be “at” but spell check stepped in on my fat thumb , I was too lazy to go back and edit figured anyone with half a brain could figure it out, I was obviously wrong....

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s exactly right.  The difference in the game was Mahomes, Kelce and Hill.  Allen can close the gap with Mahomes, but we’ve got no one who can compare to those other two guys.  (Sorry, Diggs) It’s going to be huge task.

While I don't disagree with you, if I had also told you a year ago that Allen would be an MVP candidate this year and our WR1 would be the #1 WR in the NFL at the end of the regular season you likely would've laughed at me. But yet...

The task is definitely huge but I think we have the staff to do it. 

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

he’s probably a nice guy but

i have absolutely no need to

ever see Singletary in a bills uniform again. He’s horrible in short yardage and his drops are inexcusable. Need an upgrade here

That really isn't the problem with D.Inglebary. The problem is that when he is in, the Bills cannot threaten the edge with the run. He has consistently failed on really standard NFL play designs for the running back to get to the edge. He does not have the speed to threaten the edge, and this has a cascading effect that crushes the middle of the field and more importantly the pocket when he is in the game. He does what he can, and bless him for that. With a college-dominant OL and operating inside the tackles his sharp cuts are amazingly effective. But he limits an offense.

34 minutes ago, mannc said:

The FGs were inexcusable and the gameplan was flawed, but that’s not why we lost.  They have Mahomes, Hill and Kelce and we don’t.  It was a wake up call.

The FGs were disappointing for sure but I think the one at the end of the half was needed just based on how poorly the clock management was and how confused we were with their defense.  We could not go into the half with nothing else on the board and we had the half to regroup.  That  3rd and goal pass to Knox at the 2 yard line was a terrible call and screamed “we can’t figure this out”.    Why not have Allen roll out with the option to run?  

The FG in the second quarter really surprised me.  That was the call that baffled me. 

Add in the lost 8 point plus the missed PAT and we get 33 points on the road.  Still needed better defense to win and we didn’t have it.  The defense was abysmal.  No answer for Kelce, poor play against the run, and little pressure on Mahommes.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

WGR ripping Mcd about the field goals...  I thought they were all the right moves.  You go into the half down 9 and put it on your defense to make a stop.  Better than a demoralized team that just got blown out in the second quarter 21-0.

We had chances, didn't convert, and it cost us.  Proud of the year this team had and will leave with lots of hope for next year

Disagree.  You don't beat the chiefs with soft zone and field goals.

• Like (+1) 1

Hats off to the Chiefs, who showed exactly why they are the class of the league. McD, Frazier, and Daboll had no answers all evening. 

Beane needs to add those pieces that will help us compete with KC moving forward. 

Lastly, I was not happy with the unsportsmanlike display at the end of the game. It was a disgrace, imo; classless. It’s one thing to get your ass handed to you by a better opponent, quite another to totally lose your composure because you aren’t happy about it. If I were McDermott, I would have called a timeout, collected the entire team on the side line, and read them the riot act. Maybe even sat a couple guys, too. You win with dignity and lose with grace and it looks cheap when you don’t.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

It was supposed to be “at” but spell check stepped in on my fat thumb , I was too lazy to go back and edit figured anyone with half a brain could figure it out, I was obviously wrong....

Don't project your issues on others. If your thumb is fat, work out.

exercises-to-improve-hand-and-finger-mob

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

Proud of this team and proud of this season. 

1. We were so ill prepared for this KC team, it’s almost baffling.

2. Really hoping this isn’t our version of the Rams or Eagles. 

3. I am at a point where the hype machine for KC is turned up so high, that I’m split on who I want to see win, KC or TB. I don’t want another year of Mahomes being the prodigal son. 

Edited by Mango
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2