1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I do.  Have you ever played team sports?  Players want to be put in a position to win.  They hate being embarrassed.  The anger you saw was less about the cheap shots and more about the hopeless situation their coaches put them in tonight IMO.

Oh ok then. If you say so. 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Daryl Williams can go.  I've seen enough.  

Someone tell me he was hurt.  

He was brutal today.   He was brutal vs the Colts to.  

He may very well go because he is going to be expensive. I’d love to keep the guy. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Beast said:

He may very well go because he is going to be expensive. I’d love to keep the guy. 

Something was off with him tonight.  It was Q Spain-esq.  Was getting turnstiled and then looking around confused about why it was happening.    Thought maybe he was having a stroke.  Very bizarre.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, jahnyc said:

The Bills made no plays tonight except for the fumble recovery from the punt and Poyer stopping Williams after a swing pass.  That was it.  KC was better than us at every position on offense and defense and with their game plans on offense and defense.  I will never understand how we allowed Kelce to be so open all game without making any adjustments.

Bean has work to do this offseason.  We have a lot of players that are average or a bit above average, but very few that are real stars other than Josh, Diggs, Beasley and usually White (although not tonight).  We really need to figure out what we have with Oliver and Edmunds.  They both lack consistency and have been failing to make big plays.  The o-line has been okay all year, but Allen makes them look better than they are and we can upgrade the guard play.  The d-line needs tackles who can stop the run and linemen that can generate better overall pressure on the QB.

RB also is a real need.  I like Moss, but I think we need a #1 back who is a difference maker rushing and catching the ball.

Not a very creative defense when it is Kelci, Kelci, Hill, Kelci, Williams, Kelci, Kelci, Hill....

I mean, you know who their go to players are, but they are running free. We have sucked covering TE's all year, can this team not find one team that does it well and look at scheme and players and figure out how to fix that?

That is on the coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I also think Beane is going to have to learn to let go of some of his less successful picks when it is clear that the position could or should be upgraded.

He seems to get a bit stubborn about those, and I get development, but in this league you have windows of opportunity and you have to do everything you can to ensure that the players you are starting are the best available options.

yep the RBs, edmunds, oliver, AJ. all need upgrades. what worries me is the decision to sign mario addison (his panthers guy/ DE) whos much older and worse than sign shaq (whaley pick) for the exact same contrract. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Daryl Williams can go.  I've seen enough.  

Someone tell me he was hurt.  

He was brutal today.   He was brutal vs the Colts to.  

I thought Feliciano was MUCH worse than Williams.  He let guys get past him at least 4 times today.  

This team has the potential to go all the way.  Great management, franchise QB, great coach.  They need to refine and improve year over year.  I trust them to do that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

4 sacks 53 yards lost.  That is sports psychologist territory.  No joke.

I'm not especially worried about that.

Allen's one interception (ever) in the postseason hit John Brown's left and right hand, before ricocheting for interception. Just keep repeating that.

im-good-enough-im-smart-enough-and-gosh-

Tony Romo made a comment that we should double Hill, chip Kelce and play cover 1. I'm not sure why we did not try to do something different, maybe we don't have the personnel?

Offensive line got man handled. I was shocked at that. We have to get better upfront on both sides of the ball. 

Overall, happy with this team and everything they've done. Lot of positives to build on. 

Edited by HomeTeam
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cray51 said:

I thought Feliciano was MUCH worse than Williams.  He let guys get past him at least 4 times today.  

This team has the potential to go all the way.  Great management, franchise QB, great coach.  They need to refine and improve year over year.  I trust them to do that

No doubt Mongo was terrible.  He’s a FA as well and they should look to upgrade there - he probably lost his roster spot tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

WGR ripping Mcd about the field goals...  I thought they were all the right moves.  You go into the half down 9 and put it on your defense to make a stop.  Better than a demoralized team that just got blown out in the second quarter 21-0.

We had chances, didn't convert, and it cost us.  Proud of the year this team had and will leave with lots of hope for next year

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Something was off with him tonight.  It was Q Spain-esq.  Was getting turnstiled and then looking around confused about why it was happening.    Thought maybe he was having a stroke.  Very bizarre.

turnstiled not a word Ha got you back

We still need to upgrade certain positions and we also will lose players that will need to be replaced (probably Milano).  This means that we will need to draft really well since we will be tight against the cap with a lower overall cap this year because of Covid and the possibility of a new contract for Allen. I would think the needs in order of priority will be CB, linebacker and RB.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Literally would’ve been just as bad or better if they hadn’t game planned at all.

Totally agree...It's frustrating because if you only watched this game tonight you would think the Bills went 15-3 with smoke and mirrors this year...And that is not the case...

What I really cannot understand is the stubbornness they showed to play an injured Gabe Davis and not utilize McKenzie more. Especially in the Red Zone. They seemed to realize that later in the game, but by that time it was too late. I really don't get it because it seems like this would have been the perfect time to game plan some special stuff for him...Especially on 3rd down and in the Red Zone, because they had barely used him in the first two playoff games.

This was really tough to watch because they needed a great game plan. And they got none. 😎

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1