1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

I was really surprised at how dirty the chiefs were. This isn’t sour grapes too. Have never seen the Bills get into skirmishes of any kind under McD. But I guess getting punched and hit and body slammed will get to you.

I have always held to the theory that Andy Reid is a brilliant offensive coordinator but an overall meh head coach.  If he ever went on a losing streak with the characters on that team, he would lose that locker room in about 10 minutes.  

I will be interested to see how the dirt bags in KC matchup with their comparable counterparts on TB (Suh, Etc.)— they deserve each other. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Singletary dropped a critical screen pass BOTH TIMES WE PLAYED THE CHIEFS. 

I couldn’t believe he did that AGAIN tonight.  

Dude is just kind of a loser.

He's gone and I don't see us keeping Brown. We absolutely have to find a running game or we're never beating KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

This game made me feel very unhappy about our future.  Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill look like they are playing a different sport than anyone else, and all of them are going to be in KC for a long time.  Really dislike how this Chiefs team bodes for the Bills in the future.

Yeah i dont think you can shut em down gotta out score them, load up on as many weapons and speed as you can and please get a TE 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t want to post much in anger.

As far as the Season goes- HIGHLY ENJOYABLE, during this very strange year! Allen & Diggs are stars, 11 is a hard working stud.

On the negative side, Running game is invisible, but unless there is a Tyreek Hill available- DO NOT Draft one, early.

TE is average. Just average. Will he get better? If not, look for a yuuuge stud like Kelce.

Brown is out! Not big enough, brittle, no assistance! Draft a WR.

Davis, I’d keep. Let’s see if he can be better in September.

OL Drafts needed.

Multiple replacements needed on D.

Tonight?

McD got schooled- badly! Traded FGs for TDs.
That’s Dick Mor-on territory! Very disquieting.

Hate to say it, because I didn’t believe it before the game.

BUT, the better team won and easily and handily!

See you in September.

11 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Why would you go for two when 1 PT gets you to 16? It makes no sense...

Need two two pointers eventually regardless.  It’s the two fourth and shorts fg’s that pissed me off.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Wow...I thought the play-calling was visibly uncreative all game...no viable designed QB runs... none of the Jet Sweep / misdirection type stuff or trying to alleviate the pressure. Consistent bland stuff.

Just didn't have a good plan to deal with the pressure man....I'm sorry if you don't agree it seems glaring to me. 

Lets also not forget some of those 4th and 3s we whiffed on w FGs were set up by bad 3rd down calls. 

We didnt play to win...

Those 4th and short were all on McDermott. He made those calls to kick FGs. Yeah, I would have called a designed QB run on that 3rd down. His decision to kick FGs made absolutely no sense to me

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The defense was hot garbage ... The offense was cold garbage ... The OC and DC were just plain garbage tonight.

This game certainly will keep Daboll and Frazier from getting HC jobs this off season.

The Bills were outplayed across the board tonight.

They were punked. Need a couple of gangsters on the lines. 

I feel like this is the place to say it cause I'm not sure where else to say it.

I'm supposed to be happy about the season. And while I am, I'm also disappointed. This is not the game I wanted my Buffalo Bills to go out on. I thought the gameplan as a whole was not who they were all season. This was not the high powered offense I watched all season. They settled for FGs instead of TDs in an AFC Championship game. 

Yea I'm happy where this franchise is going but idk, I feel like this season it could have been more. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

Yeah i dont think you can shut em down gotta out score them, load up on as many weapons and speed as you can and please get a TE 

I would have Knox watch every play Kelce did this season and set up pass plays to utilize him the same.  He has the size and speed, just needs hands and technique/smarts

• Like (+1) 1

1. Coaching staff had their worst game of the season. Daboll's playcalling was mediocre at best and piss poor at worst. Allen should have been used on the 4th down plays instead of FGS. Frazier and the defense looked like they didnt prepare at all, like it was 1960s NFL when teams just played their simple playbook and watched no tape on another team. How could they possible be that clueless? McD's decisions to go for FGs just handed the momentum to the chiefs every time. You are in the championship game VS the best team in the league, VS the MVP at QB. Why the hell are playing so conservative.

2. A few small plays in this game that seemed not so important at the time but I think were huge. Bass's missed PAT. Didn't matter scorewise but psychologically was a bad omen. The missed punch by the KC lineman should have been an ejection and would have really changed their defensive scheme. Singletary's drop was an absolute gut punch. He would have run for 20 yards plus on that play. It just killed their momentum and probably contributed to Josh being even more under pressure and nervous.

• Like (+1) 4