1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Dan said:

That says it all.  You need just a little bit of defense.  It felt like the Bills were just glad to be there, while the Chiefs showed up to win. 

Yep, at the end of the day, you can question the Bills offense, but the defence was atrocious. Non-existent.  Josh got the jitters when he saw that he would have to do it all if they were to have a chance. 

Just now, InEnemyTerritory said:

This game made me feel very unhappy about our future.  Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill look like they are playing a different sport than anyone else, and all of them are going to be in KC for a long time.  Really dislike how this Chiefs team bodes for the Bills in the future.

Bills simply need to get better on the DLine. Gotta get people in his face. Bills couldn't block the Chiefs front 4 well enough...they caused constant issues and refused to let Allen escape most times.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

This game reminded me of the 1988 AFC Championship we lost to the Bengals.

We're good, just not enough to make it to play for the title.

Sure, if the Bengals had had a 25 year-old QB who is miles ahead of everyone else in the sport.  This is not a comparable situation.  They have real work to do both talent-wise and schematically if they’re ever gonna catch KC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

And Bass missed a big kick in both games to have us to make up poins missed

Bass first kicker in NFL history with 3 50+ yard field goals .. last week should not count .. the wind caused Tucker to miss two FG for crying out loud

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

They were the worst eat it all year, guess it was hopefull thinking it would change tonight... 

I agree.  Been bad at it for decades.  But how do you let the guy that’s burned you all game, the number 2 receiver in the league, get a clean break off the line; no one touch him; no one within 10 yds of him as he catches the game clinching TD. It’s just inexcusable. 

• Like (+1) 4

Brutal game plan. D looked a lot like what we showed up with in week 6 but KC had the answers for it in the pass game. 

Davis should not of been activated. You could see him limping while in motion in the 1st quarter. 

Not sure why McKenzie wasn’t on the field more in the playoffs. Glad he got in the end zone today. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billybob71 said:

I'm surprised at how well they covered our receivers no separation all night. Alan had zero help in this one. oh well good season if we could somehow find a top TE would be huge, especially in games like this.

Well...IMHO that is mostly due to the fact that the Bills have absolutely no threat in the running game. The Moss loss, though he's far from from a feature back, really hurt this team because they were beginning to find just a little balance before he went down. You don't need a big running game when you can pass it really well, but you need the threat. And the Bills just don't have that threat. This allows teams to concentrate solely on our passing game...It's the next problem the Bills need to solve in the off-season to take the next step.

Or they need to get Daboll to Andy Reid's level...And that's not happening any time soon...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

TB has some thugs on their team, here’s to Suh stomping on the Rat’s head.

And Devin White snapping Kelce like a Kit Kat when he comes across the middle of the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Sure, if the Bengals had had a 25 year-old QB who is miles ahead of everyone else in the sport.  This is not a comparable situation.  They have real work to do both talent-wise and schematically if they’re ever gonna catch KC.

I'm talking about how the game turned out.

The Bills can continue to improve.

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Blaming Daboll isn't accurate here. KC covered our receivers well tonight. Josh had nowhere to throw hardly. As for Frazier? I'm not sure if it was his horrid gameplan or lack of execution or both. But McDermott........twitter roasted him more than I think we could

Wow...I thought the play-calling was visibly uncreative all game...no viable designed QB runs... none of the Jet Sweep / misdirection type stuff or trying to alleviate the pressure. Consistent bland stuff.

Just didn't have a good plan to deal with the pressure man....I'm sorry if you don't agree it seems glaring to me. 

Lets also not forget some of those 4th and 3s we whiffed on w FGs were set up by bad 3rd down calls. 

We didnt play to win...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dan said:

I agree.  Been bad at it for decades.  But how do you let the guy that’s burned you all game, the number 2 receiver in the league, get a clean break off the line; no one touch him; no one within 10 yds of him as he catches the game clinching TD. It’s just inexcusable. 

Needed to be doubled off the line. No adjustment during game...