1/24/21 AFC Championship Game Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

To win, you could not settle for FGs.  Chiefs have had one punt in the post season going back to the Super Bowl last year.  Bills got them to punt.  McD had to know this.  Frustrated and the lack of aggressive attitude.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Im surprised at how well they covered our receivers no separation all night. Alan had zero help in this one. oh well good season if we could somehow find a top TE would be huge, especially in games like this.

Bracketed Diggs all game. Davis should not have played. Beasley was bracketed most of the game as well. And Brown did NOTHING 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Offensively we never played well once we got into the playoffs. A banged up receiving corps and no running game finally did us in. F’ing Cleveland’s offense looked better. In the end Josh took to many big sacks trying to hard to extend plays. Hopefully he learns, he got some big games under his belt, hopefully he grows because of it ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

1st....Congratulations to the Bills for their season......You have a great QB.....you'll be competing for YEARS.  I remember when Mahomes lost this same game in 2018....it sucked...but you'll be back as long as you have Allen.

2nd....

Kind of went how I thought.  KC was able to cover your recievers with our stable of DB's.  Buffalo not a threat to run, and Knox isn't a threat at TE.

Kelce was glaringly huge in this game.

When KC was down 9-0 after the muffed punt...no panic..no doubt....KC had seen that before....been down early in big games before...CALM.

I also thought the Bills pass rush wouldn't get there with only 4..and they didn't...and when you did get there a few times..Mahomes made plays.

Hill was the one surprise...I didn't  htink he'd go off like he did.

I thinl you all can see what your next steps need to be.....you need 3 things in no paritlcular order.....an edge pass rusher (or two)  a legit TE. ....and a more balanced running game.

I know the Bills come to KC in the regular season next year....hopefully we will also have another post season match up as well.  

Lastly...thanks for allowing me to be a part of your awesome community.  Alwasy enjoy the discourse here.

Go Bucs :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Singletary dropped a critical screen pass BOTH TIMES WE PLAYED THE CHIEFS. 

I couldn’t believe he did that AGAIN tonight.  

Dude is just kind of a loser.

And Bass missed a big kick in both games to have us to make up poins missed

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Chiefs possessions

Punt

TD

TD

TD

FG

TD

TD

run out clock

That says it all.  You need just a little bit of defense.  It felt like the Bills were just glad to be there, while the Chiefs showed up to win. 

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

Daboll was really dissapointing. We needed to really bring in the kitchen sink to win, and we played way to safe.

We played scared.....

Blaming Daboll isn't accurate here. KC covered our receivers well tonight. Josh had nowhere to throw hardly. As for Frazier? I'm not sure if it was his horrid gameplan or lack of execution or both. But McDermott........twitter roasted him more than I think we could

• Agree 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Bracketed Diggs all game. Davis should not have played. Beasley was bracketed most of the game as well. And Brown did NOTHING 

Brown probably could’ve shut it down in November - he’s hobbled.  Unfortunately it’s been the story of his career.  Some guys just aren’t built for the violence.  Prob need an upgrade there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

So thankful for the fun this team gave me this year.

kC is the better team and we can’t make mistakes like Singletary’s atrocious drop and Brown’s drop and expect to beat them. We were up 9-7 and driving and Singletary dropped that easy catch. Changed all momentum.

coaching staff picked a really bad time to lay an egg. Defensive game plan was pathetic and Dabold has no answer to the blitz. 

mcdermotts decisionmaking on when to kick the and going for 2 on that last TD was inexcusable.

Yeah that Singletary drop was brutal. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

True McKenzie can stay though should be cheap and also speed. I think he stays and replaced Robert’s at this point. 

this offseason is going to be interesting specially if they Pay Allen this Offseason. 

Any money wouldn't kick in until at least the following year...it will be an extension and next year is the last year of his rookie deal.

Chiefs will have to do some work in the offseason as they are currently about 19 million over the cap but that is nothing with how teams can massage the numbers. Might cost them a couple solid players tho.

11 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Great year but we saw where we need to get better. The o line and pass rush were bad today. Receivers couldn’t get open. 

Agreed. We lost on the line on both sides of the ball.   The Chiefs DBs played very well.   Our DBs couldn't keep up with KC speed and mismatch

• Agree 3

The soft zone high safety d conceded way too much to the Chiefs offense. Hyde was 20 yards deep and backpedaling all game. Meanwhile the Chiefs d attacked and disrupted and their coverage was tight. The Bills were outcoached and outplayed today. 

Great season though and fun to watch, keep getting better and adding talent. I wish the coaches would've had more confidence and courage today but they deserve a lot of credit.