RB TE and Dline

17 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

yeah it is said we dont have a run game. but im not so sure about that we just never really try to run. 

problem was we weren’t that good on short yardage plays running.

im not interesting in investing a high pick for a RB.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Brutal drop by Singletary and McD benched him for it, and rightly so. Moss will be back and we need help in more places than RB.

Moss did well, but I just can't see him as a bell cow type of back. But until we know for sure what the cap is, all these names are just that, names

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Brutal drop by Singletary and McD benched him for it, and rightly so. Moss will be back and we need help in more places than RB.

I actually think RB was the most obvious issue on this otherwise amazing offense.

So Moss comes back. That's it? We're all cool with Zack Moss being the lead back? I don't know if I saw nearly enough of him this year to think he'll be anything more than a nice depth guy.

49 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Chiefs running game was worse than ours tonight.  I’d settle for an average RB.  Not sure we have one of those on the roster.  We need a difference maker on the DL.  I’d trade our #1 pick for Fletcher Cox.  There’s so much dead weight on the DL.  Anybody not on their rookie deal except Hughes is getting paid too much.  

The Chief’s running game wasn’t worse then the Bills.  Take away Allen’s rush yards and the Bills rushing stats were terrible. 

Edited by Iverwig

44 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I disagree, they just didn't need to use it tonight. Our running game is Josh.

I should add that it will settle Josh down a little and I think he needs that at this point in his career.

Josh played his heart out...he looked shakey for the first few drives but that was it. The dude had no help in this game.  Im pretty sure the all22 will confirm this since I was at the game sitting pretty high up...there was no one open pretty much all game 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I actually think RB was the most obvious issue on this otherwise amazing offense.

So Moss comes back. That's it? We're all cool with Zack Moss being the lead back? I don't know if I saw nearly enough of him this year to think he'll be anything more than a nice depth guy.

Our D needs big help, we need a OL help so I don't see Beane dropping big coin on a RB. KC didn't get much out of their backfield today but didn't need to. Take away their big sweep and it was a pretty pedestrian run game for them. With Davis hurt and Smoke shot, Josh had nobody open. 

I wonder if the brains trust might do a de- brief this year and come to the conclusion that they didn’t see the day coming that one day they would have to run the ball and Moss , yeldon and Singletary weren’t going  to  be the answer ...

They need better and I’m even thinking they need to consider pick 29 in the next  draft. 

Other needs are DE, CB, LB, S... hope they are already working on the off season picks as not much money for FA left 

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Our D needs big help, we need a OL help so I don't see Beane dropping big coin on a RB. KC didn't get much out of their backfield today but didn't need to. Take away their big sweep and it was a pretty pedestrian run game for them. With Davis hurt and Smoke shot, Josh had nobody open. 

I don't think you necessarily need to drop big coin, since there really isn't even a big coin market for RBs that aren't Derrick Henry anyway. I don't think we need a top-3 back, but I think we may need to admit that the Singletary/Moss combo can be improved and at least make it a priority in the 2nd-3rd round, or get a vet that's worth that type of return (and I really have no idea who that would be at the moment. Definitely not Melvin Gordon)

Ohh actually that reminded me - go get Phillip Lindsay. I want a guy like that to add to the stable. A good step or two faster than anybody we have now.

Edited by Nelius

We need talent on the d-line really

bad. Hughes and Addison are shells of their former selves and Mahomes was way too comfortable in the pocket. 

For years we’ve watched this offense focus on running the ball and now that we have an MVP caliber QB and great WRs people are pounding the table to run it more. 

If I’m Beane, I hang onto Stills and try to resign Williams. Then I’m loading up on defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

I don't think you necessarily need to drop big coin, since there really isn't even a big coin market for RBs that aren't Derrick Henry anyway. I don't think we need a top-3 back, but I think we may need to admit that the Singletary/Moss combo can be improved and at least make it a priority in the 2nd-3rd round, or get a vet that's worth that type of return (and I really have no idea who that would be at the moment. Definitely not Melvin Gordon)

Agree, I am just saying Beane will fill that spot cost effectively.  Motor is a depth back. Moss and some speed and we'll be fine.

RB is fine, I like Moss and Singletary. Neither are elite backs but I think Moss can be an above average back and Singletary is solid. Considering that this team is going to have a lot of other pieces needed I doubt that the front office is going to invest heavily at RB when you have two young guys with 2-3 years left on their rookie deals there. Maybe they spend a 5th or a 6th to add a speed back to add a little more speed to the offense and depth. 

TE and DE are two possible spots identified for an upgrade. I like Knox but maybe this team does need that elite TE to compete when they face stronger secondaries like KC. A big time TE will allow Josh to eat teams up underneath when Diggs and the WR's are getting covered? But those don't come cheap and they aren't easy to find. Who could possibly be out there via trade? I don't think Kelce, Kittle or Waller are going to be available by trade and finding one in the draft? 

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

We need talent on the d-line really

bad. Hughes and Addison are shells of their former selves and Mahomes was way too comfortable in the pocket. 

For years we’ve watched this offense focus on running the ball and now that we have an MVP caliber QB and great WRs people are pounding the table to run it more. 

If I’m Beane, I hang onto Stills and try to resign Williams. Then I’m loading up on defense. 

Because I don't think Zaven Collins will fall to us, here's my Bills wish draft. 

1) Carlos Basham EDGE

2) Pete Werner LB

3) Kenny Yeboah TE

5) Robert Rochelle CB

5) Lorenzo Neal Jr DL

6) Tedarrell Slaton DL

7) Jonathan Adams Jr WR

This was my PFN simulated mock draft. 

36 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because I don't think Zaven Collins will fall to us, here's my Bills wish draft. 

1) Carlos Basham EDGE

2) Pete Werner LB

3) Kenny Yeboah TE

5) Robert Rochelle CB

5) Lorenzo Neal Jr DL

6) Tedarrell Slaton DL

7) Jonathan Adams Jr WR

This was my PFN simulated mock draft. 

my #1 wish!

6'5, 343... get him into some Buffalo area establishments and he could bulk up a bit to 360ish. 

Him and Star next to each other at DT is a nice start. 

Wait a second... THIS is my guy at DT!

Quinton Bohanna, DT, Kentucky
Height: 6-4. Weight: 367.

Projected 40 Time: 5.66.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.

From Walter Football....

Slayton and Bohanna at DT together? 

A guy can dream, right? 

Edited by TheFunPolice