Thank you Buffalo Bills

The Team gave us all a football season that I do not think anyone thought would be this successful before the season started. For me the  Buffalo Bills had a very successful football season, and we fans should be happy about it from any objective viewpoint, my thanks to the whole organization for the massive turn around over these past three years from the endless futility of the recent past. 

Go Bills!!!

Has anyone else just found themselves smiling more almost every day since the Hail Murray?

Going on a run like that throughout November, December and most of January was absolutely joyful.  I commented a few weeks ago that it made me dislike Pats fans even more for getting so much of that over the years. For us, it's hard for those of us who were there in the '90's to even remember what it felt like back then.

It's certainly not the experience we're used to in the internet era, where most seasons were more defined by how far we could get before mathematics dictated that it was time to start looking at mock drafts.

Fantastic season, and by no means a one-off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This was the best Bills season since 1993.  That's 27 years.  Thank you Bills.

And the added bonus is we now have a reason to look forward to next season.

The key to the whole puzzle, as always, is Josh Allen.

If he can perform at his 2020 level for the rest of his career, we will be in the mix year in and year out for a long time.

Look at the QBs left standing at the final 4 stage....yet again.

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes....and Josh! 

How long have Brady and Rodgers been good QBs in this league?  FOREVER?

How about Mahomes?  He'll be in the discussion FOREVER too.  He's still young.

If Josh can hang with names like that year in and year out, every year for a long time is going to be really interesting for us Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The key to the whole puzzle, as always, is Josh Allen.

If he can perform at his 2020 level for the rest of his career, we will be in the mix year in and year out for a long time.

Look at the QBs left standing at the final 4 stage....yet again.

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes....and Josh! 

How long have Brady and Rodgers been good QBs in this league?  FOREVER?

How about Mahomes?  He'll be in the discussion FOREVER too.  He's still young.

If Josh can hang with names like that year in and year out, every year for a long time is going to be really interesting for us Bills fans.

Yes.

Also, QBs often play into their 40s now. We know Allen loves the game. As a reporter put it on Twitter, if Allen plays as long as Tom Brady, he’ll still be taking snaps in 2039.

The combo of great QB play and good, stable coaching, management, and team culture lead to being a title contender     Every. Single. Year.

• Like (+1) 1

I reluctantly came here expecting TSW to have a near suicidal tone. Luckily, aside from a few posts, I'm am glad to see most people are keeping perspective.

We are game proven to be one of the top 4 teams in the league. There are 28 fan bases who would give their left nut to be where we are.

I expect next year to be even better. I expect the Chiefs will be playing the AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Meh. 

after 40 years of fandom they still haven’t won crap. 

The Bills were 15-2 (with one loss on a Hail Mary) against teams not named the Chiefs, who happen to be the defending champs. I thought it was a great and entertaining season and I’m pleased with our trajectory. I guess you have a decision to make.   🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff and ownership.

This was a great season.  We have a young team, coach and front office that should only get better from here.  If you can't enjoy 15 wins, a sweep of the Pats (and AFC East), multiple primetime curbstompings and two playoff victories, well, I'm not sure you'll ever find much joy in anything in life.  Lol.

Next year should be amazing with a (hopefully) packed house at Bills Stadium.

10 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Are we picking 29 or 30 in the 1st round?

Newer Bills fans now know how older Bills fans felt during the 90s. There is bad (most of past 20 years ) ... and there is heartbroken. All things considered, heartbroken is better. At least there is hope. A lot of hope. But heartbreak also hurts more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Newer Bills fans now know how older Bills fans felt during the 90s. There is bad (most of past 20 years ) ... and there is heartbroken. All things considered, heartbroken is better. At least there is hope. A lot of hope. But heartbreak also hurts more.

This is a great point.  In my family some of the younger Bills fans are taking this very hard.  I think the historical perspective makes a big difference on how you see yesterday's game.

I became a serious Bills fan as a college student in Buffalo in the early 1970's (grew up in a small town west of Rochester).  The Bills were bad back then and the only thing to root for was OJ.

Then Chuck Knox came along and built the Bills into a playoff caliber team.  But this only lasted for 2 years and the Bills were eliminated both times in the Divisional Round.  We could only dream of playing in a conference championship game.

Then it was back in the toilet for 6 years where our dreams revolved around getting back to the playoffs.

Levy, Kelly & Company show up in the late 80's and we had a 10 year golden age.  Sure the Super Bowl losses hurt but given what we were about to face for the next 20 years it was the best of times. 

Twenty years of oblivion where the fan base goes nuts when the 2017 Bills back into the playoffs then score a FG in a first round loss.  And now some of these fans are belly aching about losing in the conference championship game to the defending SB champs?  Incredible.

For what it's worth yesterday's game reminded me of the Bill's loss to Cincinnati in the 1988 AFC championship game.  Even though Kelly stunk the joint up (3 INT's) and the Bills played poorly there was a sense of optimism that this was the start of something big.

Well I have that same sense today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find it THRILLING that we didn’t start focusing on the draft in October..........again! Way too many years of that! 

Hope is abundant these days. I love this team! 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Buckle up youngins. You're about to go on a fun 10 year ride. And Josh is behind the wheel. We "old timers know the feeling you're about to experience.