Thank you Buffalo Bills

Here's the bottom line:  if you tell me at the start of the year that we:

- win 11 of our last 13 games, with one of the losses being a hail mary

- sweep the Patriots

- get Belichick to throw his phone

- Allen would get to just under 70% in completions and be in the running for MVP

- Diggs would lead the league in yards and catches

- win the division

- make the AFCCG

I mean - that's a pretty good year.  Only one team wins the whole thing. The Bills make great strides - we should be disappointed at the game tonight, but celebrate this season and how far we have come with unbridled gusto.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yep just need a few upgrades... speed corner... tall safety or linebacker who can cover a tight end... nother d lineman... big run stopper and probably a big physical running back.  Not bad and sure was a great season.   If they can find another speed wide receiver great. 

This year has certainly made Buffalo more attractive for players when they consider their options. The team seems to have a really good atmosphere and it's one of the best teams in the league. No more lovable losers with a crazy fanbase, now the Bills are on the rise with a young star QB and the best receiver in the league. 

I look forward to the draft and free agency along with the trade market to see what out magician Brandon Beane has up his sleeve. Need to address corner 2, d line, and more weapons. I'm glad we've got a roster that should transfer to success next year. 

Ps.... imagine if JA were to take another step in his game..... 

3 things:
1. Allen choked in the clutch (taking terrible sacks, bad throws all game, including the terrible Int at 31-15)
2. You don't kick FG's to make it 21-12 and then 24-15- McDermott! You go for it and score the TD!
3. The most important stat here- THE CHIEFS DID NOT PUNT ONCE after first series! The defense is terrible! Pathetic! ENOUGH SAID!

• Vomit 1

Division Title, 13 wins, two seed in the AFC, two playoff wins, and getting a within a game of the Super Bowl oh and this team has a legit franchise QB who happens to be still on his rookie deal and has the perfect personality for the fanbase. I will take that season. Going into the season I pegged this team as winning 12 games, winning the division by 2 or more games and winning a playoff game. Even with those lofty expectations this team surpassed them. They got 2 playoff wins in an insanely tough conference and have a runner up MVP at QB who has 2 years left on his rookie deal. The Bills will be highly competitive the next few years a loss hurts as you never know when things will come back again but in McBeane we trust. 

This season was truly amazing. I thought 2019 was great but this season really surpassed my expectations. In the darkest days of the drought in 2010 (When they hired Chan and went something like 3-13) I thought of simply making the playoffs as a wildcard as being nearly impossible. I never considered giving up on the Bills but I just resigned myself to them not being good ever. So to go from complete hopelessness and dreaming of a simple playoff appearance as the promise to now actually being within one game of the Super Bowl after making the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons is truly wild. Hopefully McBeane can sustain success long term and get Josh and the defense the pieces needed to get over the hump. 

Cheers to a wonderful season!

Thank you for saving a generation of fans especially those under 30.  I enjoyed it for them almost more then I did for me.  

But especially for my boys who are 15 and 11.  My 11 year old is in the sweet spot of coming of age Fandom.  And being an expat living in VA it's harder if they stink to hook your kids.  15 year old a bit more cynical, but he is a fan.   

My 11 year old is all in.  He wanted a Bruce Smith jersey for Christmas.  Bruce Smith!  And a Diggs one but he had to pick 1 Santa isn't made of money.  He has ripped up every Patriot football card he gets.  And he has Bills stuff everywhere on his wall that ramped up times 10 since last years team.   

It looks like my room when I was his age. 

The same age when the Bills lost in the 1988 AFC Championship, the earliest season I completely remember and when I became full on hooked.  And I'm looking forward to sharing great moments with him the same way my Dad did with me as I grew up during the SB years.   

That's what you've accomplished here McBeane.  A Super Bowl will mean so much no doubt.  But the bond you've helped create between team, city, and within our families is everything. 

Keep getting better.  Growth mind set.  Humble and Hungry.  And trusting the process.   

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

Great season and all goals met.  Won division.   Won home playoff game.  Actually won 2 home playoff games.  In any other season if you get a bye and win 2 playoff games you go to the SB.  

So, I’m not much moral victories but this team improved a lot.  KC beat us cleanly.  They had a Better game plan and better execution.  That does not mean we cannot beat them next year.   The Bill need some help in a few areas.  

Beane will know what to do.  

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Super enjoyable season.  Proud of them.  Coaches let us down today but the talent level of KC is truly elite - best QB, WR, and TE in the NFL on one team just isn’t fair.  Gonna be tough to catch up.

But I thought Diggs was the best WR.

Great season. Loved the whole year watching this team and watching Josh mature.  We are going to be good for years to come.

That being said, we had a few holes to fill at RB, LB and Edge.  Getting Star back in the middle of the line should help our run defense.

Josh did mature, but came undone under pressure last night.  He doesn’t have a running game to lean on and is left to do it all himself.  Isn’t fair to him or the team.

As an aside, first SB in years I don’t want either team to win. Can’t watch brady.  As far as the chiefs, I’d normally root for the team that eliminates us - feels better if the SB champs are the ones that ousted us.  Problem is, saw a side of Mahomes and the chiefs last night I didn’t like.  I get they won, and deserved to based on how we played.  Don’t have to be punks doing it.

Oh well.  Was a hell of a year, and look forward to watching them live next year!

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Great season. Loved the whole year watching this team and watching Josh mature.  We are going to be good for years to come.

That being said, we had a few holes to fill at RB, LB and Edge.  Getting Star back in the middle of the line should help our run defense.

Josh did mature, but came undone under pressure last night.  He doesn’t have a running game to lean on and is left to do it all himself.  Isn’t fair to him or the team.

As an aside, first SB in years I don’t want either team to win. Can’t watch brady.  As far as the chiefs, I’d normally root for the team that eliminates us - feels better if the SB champs are the ones that ousted us.  Problem is, saw a side of Mahomes and the chiefs last night I didn’t like.  I get they won, and deserved to based on how we played.  Don’t have to be punks doing it.

Oh well.  Was a hell of a year, and look forward to watching them live next year!

Dave, this is a true question as I turned off the tv after the game.  Did I miss something as to the punks comment.  Were they just excited or were they directly trashing the Bills?  

The question is to everyone if this is a shared feeling.  If they were just excited to be going back to the SB.  If you’re referring to a KC website, I wouldn’t take any stock in what guys said after winning a championship game.

As far as the season, I like many weren’t happy with the ending as we did coach too conservatively and the Chiefs were the better team.  I thought and stated all week it 60-40 we could win, but not playing like that last night.  I purposely didn’t post last night as was too upset.  This morning though like the OP I’m reflecting on a 13-3 season, a QB at 70% or so, the best WR basically in the league, and a team that will be in the hunt most likely for years.

Its too early for me to say, if we just get this player or that player.  We definitely deserved to be in the final four.  This is going to be a long 8 months waiting for the next season.

Its been fun guys.  I’ve enjoyed all the conversations.

7 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I am so grateful for this team.  I'm 48 years old, so I lived through the super bowl years and the ensuing drought.  I could handle that because hey you always had the super bowl years to point back to.  But my kids had ***** nothing for their entire lives until recently.  This season meant the world to them and I'm so happy to share this year with them.  

And there's more to come of course.

Best to tell them to get used to disappointment. This team reminds me of the dolphins of the early 90s. Skill at QB and WR1. Soft as baby poop everywhere else. Lots of work to do.

Good season, but not good enough.

Thank you indeed!!!

Some of the most fun moments of my life were spent tailgating at RWS. I was there for the Flutie last second win against Jax; I was there for the 6-3 loss. Some of the outcomes for these games resulted in sheer misery which should not be but let's face it, we are die hard fans and many of us (myself included) take it a bit too seriously. 

I was never at the stadium during a season like this and can only imagine the joy after most of these games. The Bills are a VERY good team. They will get even better and win a Super Bowl before long and perhaps several of them. 

Many posters on this board often seemed to crave national recognition. Well, you've got it. Everyone writer, announcer, or fan with a brain respects the Buffalo Bills.

All of us wanted a good quarterback. Now we have a great one. We need to be just a little patient because as great as he is, he played at Wyoming. Trevor Lawrence is coming into the league as talented as can be, but; he played on a team chock full of first round picks and almost exclusively against lesser opponents. Once again, Josh played in Wyoming! He needed some time to adjust to playing against the best of the best. My point? Don't worry about Josh. The kid is a mega talented, GREAT quarterback.

Now, is there room for the team to improve? Yes. I am old school and think that when a franchise qb is in place, the top 3 places I look are offensive line, defensive line, and backup quarterback. This looks like an excellent draft at least for OL and QB. :) I'll let the rest of you focus on 1st round corners. ;)🙂

But seriously, for decades I have gone into the offseason dreaming of draft success but deep down I (and probably many of you) knew it would be an exercise in futility. I'm not going to list the idiotic moves because there were too many. This is no longer the case. We have a GM and a coach who are smart professionals. I have confidence in them and in our quarterback. The sky is the limit for this team! Onto the draft and free agency!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

I’m not going to lie...last night was crushing.  Didn’t expect that sort of performance by the team.  After a restless night of sleep, however, perspective is beginning to settle in.  This was a magical season in which the Bills became an AFC power and learned they have a star at the most important position on the roster.  The ride is only beginning.  Since people typically want to compare teams and eras, this may wind up being “our” version of the ‘88 Bills.  Got to the AFC Championship a bit early but still had room to grow.  I just hope we skip ‘89.

Thanks for the season and GO BILLS!