Thank you Buffalo Bills

The most fun 8 weeks of Bills football I can remember. Just a blast. Especially in December. It stings a little now, but I’m confident that the boys will let this fuel them to greater heights. I know Allen will do that for sure. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Usually after a loss, it is so easy for me to log on here and post about what went wrong and who is to blame but not tonight.

Tonight, I just want to say thank you. Thank you to the Pegula’s. Thank you for hiring the right personnel to put this team in a position to be successful. Thank you to Brandon Beane for the amazing work he has done and the vision he has for this team. Thank you to Coach McDermott for changing the attitude and culture here for the better. Thank you to every player on the 53 as well as the PS. Thank you for playing your heart out and for playing for us, even when we couldn’t be there.

Thank you because now, we no longer expect to lose. We no longer accept losing. We expect to win every week. It has taken so long for many of us to feel that way but year after year these past 3 years that is what you all have done. You have shown us that we deserve more. That we deserve a winning team here in Buffalo and for that, I couldn’t be more grateful.

Even though we fell short tonight, the future is so bright. Just think about it, our Buffalo Bills were ONE win away from the Super Bowl. Not many of us expected that in September. I think this will only have a positive impact on us going forward.

Our front office is starting to get the recognition they rightfully deserve, and I truly believe that we will now be an attractive destination for top tier free agent targets.

The future is looking great guys. And guess what?

This is only the beginning.

I will forever love this team and I am so proud of them.

Go Bills!

Excellent post. We no longer go into games moving forward with a poor outlook.  Many of us will expect to win every week.

Keep the core guys around for the long hall, make a few roster adjustments and dominate in the 2020's.

Get the home field advantage next year AFC title.  70,000 quiet fans will again let Josh make the line calls he had been making during covid and Beane helps in the offseason. 

We made it past all expectations and have a critical core built! Bills 2022 champs!

(half full kind of guy:)

Tonight is gonna hurt- but we did far better than anyone gave us credit for. We fought a hard battle, overcame ridiculous odds, and here we are: Josh has emerged as one of the best in the league, and we know that while the division is within reach, we now strive to be able to take down giants.

I love this team. I love where we are. Soak in the moment and realize how we are so much better than anyone expected. We do what we did last year- remember where we came up short and ensure it doesn’t happen again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TAinLA said:

Can you imagine next season with a full stadium?!  Well hopefully!!

Yes! My silver lining is that, had the Bills won the SB, the city couldn’t go crazy in the streets celebrating. I told my wife “Watch the damn Bills win the SB and no one can go to the parade. That’d be their luck.” So now we can wait til next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I want everyone to really remember the great times this season & hold onto that, because there's ZERO guarantee we'll be back any time soon.

It's easy to just think "oh we'll only get better from here" and keep improving, but that's not a certainty. And even if we do improve, there's 31 other teams in the league also working to improve, and success isn't a given.

Every team that makes a Conference Championship isn't a shoe-in to go back, nor is making a Super Bowl something you can just expect to happen. Allen may or may not get better, the defense may or may not get better, the division may or may not get better. You just never know. 

And as we've been reminded, the playoffs are a whole 'nother animal. This team came into the post season with all the momentum in the world, then looked completely different once playoffs started. Allen often looked like he was feeling the pressure of the moment, but that doesn't mean he's not a good QB.

Look at Rodgers, widely considered one of the most talented QB's in history...yet he's been to the NFC Championship game 5 times & only came away with a win once. Brees is at the top of nearly every passing record, yet struggled to get over the hump with one exception. Rivers couldn't even get to the SB. These guys had LONG careers too. 

If you're not a phenom like Mahomes or the GOAT like Brady, you can't just expect AFC Championships or Super Bowls to fall in your lap. So I for one am thankful I was able to experience this much success in one year, see the Bills talked about so highly, see Allen climb new heights, see Diggs break all franchise records, watch us sweep the Patriots, and see players like Beasley have career years.

THANK YOU BILLS!

There's a lot to be happy about with this team:

• Beane won executive of the year.
  • McDermott was a serious contender for coach of the year.
  • Josh was a serious contender for league MVP.
  • The above trio is young and eager to learn.
  • Last year, we made the playoffs as a wildcard team and lost in the first round.
  • This year, we won the division and made it to the AFC Championship game.

The future looks bright, my friends.