I'm heartbroken. Words of comfort?

Rockee96

Here’s something to cheer you up buddy.

Chiefs are $18M over the salary cap right now. We’re $2M under and can shed some other deadweight on the D-Line.

That means we’ll probably show up better than ever next year and the Chiefs won’t.

We have a bright couple of years ahead... maybe even a decade or two! That’s much better than missing the playoffs for 20+ years. Hopefully you agree. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

I’m saying yips because he changed the play call nearly 50% of the time after getting to the line. Didn’t “trust the process.” Seemed a bit scared. 

But, onto the draft. Go Sabres. 

He got the single coverage he wanted all game long and made all the right reads after a slow start...the chiefs dbs were just everywhere.    I was at the game just stunned that it was happening lol they manned us up without much trouble...it was like Allen's first season where his receivers couldn't get any separation and he had to work miracles

2 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

I got nothin'

The Bills lost in the conference finals against the defending champs who field a stacked team with a generational QB in his prime still on the tail end of his rookie deal. This is a massive disappointment as you never know in football when you will get another crack at things. However this isn't the end of the world. The Bills were not a Cinderella story. They were not a team that got hot at the right time and just hit the right matchups. This team isn't the Titans last year where "this was our shot." This Bills team is loaded for another run in 2021, however it is on the front office to keep the key pieces together and get those last key pieces needed to surpass the elite team and it is on the coaches to find a way to play against KC. KC is going to be the standard and the elephant in the room for a long time so you have to find a strategy that works against them. You will get another shot in the regular season and hopefully the post season next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

They made The Final 4 and got beat by a better team.  It sucks to get this close and lose, but their future is super bright.  They didn't make the playoffs for almost 2 decades, but now they look like they can be contenders for years to come.  Definitely great things came out of this year!

• Like (+1) 1

I've been riding the magical effects of a sweatshirt I've worn during every Bills game since the Hail Murray.  It finally failed me today.  It's a hoodie from the Wicked show.  My wife suggests I change the W in Wicked, for all those wins, to an L.  Cruel, very cruel.

• Haha (+1) 1

Really, now, ask yourself -- would you rather that the Bills lost to the Ravens in the divisional round?  Or to the Colts in the wildcard round?  Or not made the playoffs at all?  Not me.  I'll take the wins, and the good times.  Fourteen teams made the playoffs, and only one won't finish with a loss. 

The problem is if we want to move further this will be the team that we ultimately have to beat. I don’t see us catching up to what KC is right now in one offseason. I feel like we will be rebuilding/upgrading at least 3 of the 5 OL positions. We need a upgrade at RB, D-Line additions and a faster version of Tre White at CB. With good drafting and FA we might be able to beat KC in 2023.

• Eyeroll 2

7 hours ago, par73 said:

Sorry-- for me, tonight showed just how far the Bills need to go to match KC. Start with retooling the D-line and get someone who can cover TE's. Also, a starting rb would be nice.

The O-Line was a major reason we lost, Allen was under so much pressure the entire game. Lots of upgrades need to be made to even compete with KC. Morse is a solid pass blocker but gets zero push in the running game. Mongo was by far the worst player on that O-Line and got destroyed on national TV. 

I still think we overpaid 2 guys on this team in the elite pay who are barely top 10 at their positions. I feel like Edmunds will be the 3rd and then we get into cap trouble. 

10 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

The great 90’s teams wen thru this incremental experience process. They also lost an afc championship before moving on.the following year. Josh look underprepared today. Mahomes was confident having gone farther and the difference in confidence was obvious. If josh can improve half as much as he did going from his 2 Nd to third year, with the right talent around him , and hopefully a different d coordinator or at least diff scheme, we should at least be competitive in the afc championship! Big step to win that afc game. Next year josh will have been exposed to more and let’s hope they get a run game and a aggressive D  coordinator. Building blocks are there but csnt win without offensive-balance ( elway and Marino are examples each way). Big issue that 90s team never dealt with was salary cap tho. So Beane will have to do his manic again. Bad thing is we can never reverse trading that 10 th pick to Kc!  Looks like that will haunt us yet another year !  Lol! Love josh but just like wide right , mahomes may haunt us like Brady.  

Hey , but josh is a great guy and has raised big$ for the children’s hospital there  so some things are bigger than football. If you get down , after covid, go volunteer some time in that pedi unit and you will realize seeing a child smile or recover will always top a fake thing like a SB TROPHY!  Real lives matter to those parents and  some kids will get a chance to grow up, go to a prom, go to college  , all because of josh and his grandmother getting money donated. That is true and lasting joy and pride for Bills fans, Bills Mafia, and Buffalo!  😉😇😊👏

I’ve said it the entire time I’ve been on this board.  This team is being built the right way.  McBeane has a plan, and it’s been followed beautifully.  The Bills aren’t going anywhere.  Get used to seeing them in the postseason.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Bills Mafia,

This season was amazing....this team exceeded all expectations not many would have given the Bills a 10% chance of an AFC title game back in September.

Just remember the 1988 and 1989 Bills got close but had to learn how to win to get to the level of 1990 to 1993 SB teams 

Hi Bills Mafia,

You are heartbroken you say? Who died? It's just a game, like as a fan it barley has an effect on us. Even if they won the Superbowl it's like okay cool, now what? I feel great today!

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

Got nothing for you.

This one stings. A close game I could feel good about, but a trouncing? Nope.

I guess theres always next year.

Here are some words of comfort like you asked for.

But more than that, this is the truth which is better than words of comfort.

Losses like this hurt real bad. But the inevitable fate of a football team is loss. Eventually they all lose way more than they win.

It prepares you for death. On the day you die, you will think to yourself, "This is terrible but compared to that 2021 Championship game, this isn't that much worse."

What's more, you were never going to win it all this year. The team isn't good enough yet.

This team wasn't even good enough to make it to the Championship game.

BUT THEY GOT THERE ANYWAY. That means something pal. They played over their heads and they won.

You have won the lottery. Look at this headline.

mahomes.thumb.jpg.db5a9f5903d94ecec30166776aadeb28.jpg

Mahomes proved he is the best QB BY BEATING YOUR 3rd Year QB!

The Bills went Twenty Five Years without a top tier QB.

25 Years!

These guys came in and picked the best QB in the 2018 draft.

They say a coach who pick s a first round QB is supplying the next head coach with his QB. Because he will get fired. He will get fired because that pick costs him other very good players. And the team will lose while the new QB learns. 

These guys didn't get fired. They took that hit and they played in the conference Championship game 3 years later. That is an extremely difficult feat.

Look at this!

Josh Allen has only gone one way. Up, and Up , and UP.