I'm heartbroken. Words of comfort?

Rockee96

The Kelly led Bills lost in an AFC Championship game to the Bengals in 1988 and then lost the next year to the Browns in the Divisional round before the run to 4 straight Super Bowls...

We did them in reverse fashion as those teams but playoff experience and big game experience helps prepare them for what is to come.

Next year we can hopefully learn from our failures and do better.

• Like (+1) 2

The way I see it, is we made it to the afc championship with one of the most one dimensional teams in the NFL. Take away Allen and we can’t do a thing. No defense, no running game. Wait until we find our RB and build up the defense and get Star back. The skys the limit for what this team could be. 

• Like (+1) 1

Remember Brian Brohm? How about heading into games with Alex Van Pelt starting?

All things considered, this is a great time to be a Bills fan. Don't let any of the immediate, emotional chatter get to you - Josh Allen is a franchise QB, and that's about the best advantage to have in any sport. We'll be back next year.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

We didn't have the horses, on 'D', and maybe Allen has to develop a little bit more. That Chiefs 'D' had us stymied.

We won 15 games this season, in a season that I thought, would not happen at all. I'm personally thankful for this run! The 1988 Buffalo Bills lost the AFC Championship to the Bengals. It seems to me, that we had a pretty good run, after that fact, and so we will, once again! We have a GREAT team, that needs just a few tweaks!

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

We didn't have the horses, on 'D', and maybe Allen has to develop a little bit more. That Chiefs 'D' had us stymied.

We won 15 games this season, in a season that I thought, would not happen at all. I'm personally thankful for this run! The 1988 Buffalo Bills lost the AFC Championship to the Bengals. It seems to me, that we had a pretty good run, after that fact, and so we will, once again! We have a GREAT team, that needs just a few tweaks!

I wouldn’t call KC defense that great. I think it was more play execution and calling the right plays. On offense 2 trips inside the 10 and get FGs.  The defense makes some plays and KC held to FGs  game is different.  The score in close in 4th. Different game.

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m not saying that to brag, but how many times do you have to try and run out of those formations before you realize you lose yards every time you try and run to those edges?

I don't know what he could or should have done but I've watched football for over 50 years and teams lose to great teams.

Sometimes you just got to wait for the right place and the right time to give critical opinions.

Go Bills.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

We lost to a better team.  It’s that simple.  When there’s a loss it’s natural to assign blame, but sometimes it’s just that the other side is better.  Sad tonight but the future is bright.

Not a better team Vegas’ team with the officials in their pocket 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

We lost to a better team.  It’s that simple.  When there’s a loss it’s natural to assign blame, but sometimes it’s just that the other side is better.  Sad tonight but the future is bright.

Well put, my thoughts exactly.  

I could quibble about questionable calls by McD, missed plays, etc...but in reality we got out played by a superior team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kevnallen said:

The Chiefs were a better team. The Bills would have had to play a near perfect game to win, which they unfortunately didn’t. All in all it was a pretty damn good year 

I disagree... there was literary PI on Diggs and Beasley ever play. The reverse that opened up the second half for KC was an uncalled illegal crack back block. It should have been a personal foul against KC. That is why disciplined players were losing their ***** in The 4th qtr. they felt robbed!

• Like (+1) 1

From management on down, this team under this regime has shown that adversity makes it come back that much stronger the next go round—think of the arduous 2018 campaign then however in a 2019 playoff appearance, which resulted in vaulting ahead to the 2020 AFCCG; why not more next year? Folks, this season marked being literally only 2 seasons removed from shedding Whaley’s cap hell and the end of the Peterman era...in the words of an old school Virginia Slims commercial...you’ve come a long way baby! :beer:

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

From management on down, this team under this regime has shown that adversity makes it come back that much stronger the next go round—think of the arduous 2018 campaign then however in a 2019 playoff appearance, which resulted in vaulting ahead to the 2020 AFCCG; why not more next year? Folks, this season marked being literally only 2 seasons removed from shedding Whaley’s cap hell and the end of the Peterman era...in the words of an old school Virginia Slims commercial...you’ve come a long way baby! :beer:

Agree but 13-3 is rarified air that usually accompanies a title shot! 

1 hour ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

You’re going to make it man.

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

No doubt our road would’ve been easier to hoe if we were an NFC team this year...playing a 14-2 squad even more rarified than us doesn’t happen all that often 🤔

A team that was gifted the home field in a crap no call in the week prior??? 

32 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t think Allen showed the yips.

I think our WRs couldn’t separate

I agree.

Listening to Tony Romo the Bills were being "stickied" by being blanketed by the KC DBs and there was literally nobody to throw to for Josh most of the time. 

Dunno if there was residual injury that Brown and Diggs were dealing with... or something else? Like the last three games the Bills offense just wasn't the same that beat the Dolphins, Patriots, Broncos. Bills OC Brian Daboll having brain farts? I dunno. 

What I do know is the Bills NEED a run game, like the Packers, Chiefs, Bucs have to help support their QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Take care of yourself. Let the people you love know how much you do so. Be kind to strangers.

Get excited as hell with that by all means, we should be back in this same spot next year, with more experience, and hopefully some more playmakers.

I'm bummed but honestly pretty okay after this loss. It is the first time in my actual 30ish years of life that I feel like we not only exceeded expectations, during a season where we had legitimate high expectations, and also that there are so many reasons to be optimistic going forward.

It is a completely different frame of mind from the last 25 years. It's no longer the hopeless hope that we squeak by and things go our way. We are in the driver's seat, for the first time in such a very long, sad, and hollow time.

It's time to push the seats back a little further, roll the windows down and take a breath, and enjoy the ride brother.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

The Chiefs are the best team in football by a large margin.  We lost to the best. 
Josh showed the yips, whereas Patrick played like a seasoned vet. 
Our coaching was weak, and played scared. No killer instinct. 
And, I’m at peace with it. It was a heck of a run, but the Browns ***** us. Hard. :) 

Now, GO CHIEFS! Beat Tom! 

Of all the responses so far, I'm in this camp. Except, I don't think the Chiefs are the best by a large margin.  Play this game in Buffalo and things might be a little different. 

Josh definitely had the yips and he was throwing high all night. Hard to watch as he never got into a rhythm and settled down. I blame a lot of this on a bad O-line and poor pass blocking from the RB's. We missed a bit of Moss's thump and we needed to offset the pressure with better play calls. That did not happen and we fed into the same scheme that slowed us down the first time we played KC.

How our coaches did not see this and played into the same plan twice is truly puke-worthy. I thought we had the guns to stay with KC and exploit that defense more.  A better RB and TE will help. Maybe we can upgrade the OL. 

But what really, really hurt was the inability to put pressure on Mr. Turf Toe. The man was hobbled and still picked our D apart. We need an LB who can swarm a TE like Kelce and a DE who can bring the heat or an Aaron Donald type DT, which is what we were hoping the invisible Oliver would be. 

As great as the defense played against Balt, they fell apart in KC and could not get off the field. It was infuriating and was the main reason WE LOST.

If we turn those FG's into TD's and make 2-3 stops on drives, we might have won.  It was a great year, but the ending sucked. This was not the Bills team that rolled into the playoffs. 

I also blame the coaches for terrible play-calling, scheming and not being prepared for KC's attack. I think we have equal talent to KC all things considered. Better D, better ST, and close enough on offense if everyone shows up and does their job. Today they did not and it's a bitter pill to swallow. 

The truth is that no season is guaranteed success. You need to stay healthy and not lose any of your stars. I hope 2021 is better and we add the necessary players to stay on top. I finally trust the FO and hope that McD learned from his passive approach that he needs to be aggressive and not play scared. It killed us today.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

I agree.

Listening to Tony Romo the Bills were being "stickied" by being blanketed by the KC DBs and there was literally nobody to throw to for Josh most of the time. 

Dunno if there was residual injury that Brown and Diggs were dealing with... or something else? Like the last three games the Bills offense just wasn't the same that beat the Dolphins, Patriots, Broncos. Bills OC Brian Daboll having brain farts? I dunno. 

What I do know is the Bills NEED a run game, like the Packers, Chiefs, Bucs have to help support their QB. 

Well the Bills decided to take McKenzie off the field for the past 3-games and I don’t understand that.

I think the lack of motion stuck out.

I watched Davis on the few plays he was in, and his get off the line was ok, so I’m not sure why his snaps were dialed back, you’re either healthy enough to play full speed or you’re not.

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I agree.

Tony Romo was talking? Didn’t hear em. Must’ve been because of my dad screaming all game.