I'm heartbroken. Words of comfort?

Rockee96

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t think Allen showed the yips.

I think our WRs couldn’t separate. 

I’m saying yips because he changed the play call nearly 50% of the time after getting to the line. Didn’t “trust the process.” Seemed a bit scared. 

But, onto the draft. Go Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

I’m saying yips because he changed the play call nearly 50% of the time after getting to the line. Didn’t “trust the process.” Seemed a bit scared. 

But, onto the draft. Go Sabres. 

Allen held onto the ball, but he had to force it, there was nothing there unless you wanted him to dump off to Yeldon or Beasley all night.

Beasley was the only one who showed up tonight.

40 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

Bills are the 2nd best team in the AFC and probably the best compared to the NFC.

Trust the Process and enjoy the sport.

40 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

I mean, I loved the Bills coming up on 50 years now. Live and die with them. But remember, it's just football dude. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

1st half

on 2 KC TD drives they had a 3rd  and long. One they converted on their side, other they got a 4-1 in FG range.  You hold them to a FG they only have 17 buffalo gets a TD instead of FG it’s 17-16 at half

in 2nd half they trade FGs, KC gets a TD Then buffalo throws a red zone pick.

they-trade TDs

...the game at this point before buffalos recovered onside kick it’s a one score game. Had buffalo not thrown the pick and got a TD it’s likely tied or a small deficit.

the point I’m getting at its small margins was the difference in the game. Thus comesdiwn to execution.

On the pick, again Allen had to force it, and Brown got 0 separation.

Also, the play before Dawson Knox drops a pass that gives Bills first and goal.

• Haha (+1) 1

Words of comfort?

KC HC Andy Reid was a super bowl coach before he went to KC from Philly. Noted for being an offensive guru. Took a 2-14 team and went 11-5 in 2013!!! (9-7 2014), (11-5 2015), (12-4 2016), (12-4 2018), (12-4 2019) (14-2 2020) Seven years! 

The Chiefs were a playoff team when Patrick Mahomes was drafted and he was able to sit and watch for an entire season. They already had a good O line, defense, receiving corps. Andy Reid has been fine tuning his team all this time. 

Josh Allen is only in his third season on a team basically being built around that young QB.

The team just realized you need a strong run game and passing attack while having an offense with balance to win championship games. 

Think about those 90's Bills teams, in 88 they went to the AFC championship game and lost to Cincy. 89 to Cleveland in the division round and finally a SB in 1990. So it generally takes a few years to build a SB team. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

All i can say is i attended two of the four Super Bowls. and it’s better to lose tonight than lose one of those again. Believe me. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

On the pick, again Allen had to force it, and Brown got 0 separation.

Also, the play before Dawson Knox drops a pass that gives Bills first and goal.

I know. It’s about execution.

one thing they didn’t seem to do was bunch re river formations for WR screens or generating moving pick plays.

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

I know. It’s about execution.

one thing they didn’t seem to do was bunch re river formations for WR screens or generating moving pick plays.

Yeah, no pre-snap motion, and I didn’t like the tight formations. 

You could call out the plays that wouldn’t work before that happened and I did routinely. 

Dabolls play calling seemed very bland in this game. Would have liked to see McKenzie used more. They lost to the better team. Bills need more power on d line, speed on offense and a dynamic running back. Keep building the team....

Great season,  Beane needs to get better talent on defensive side of the ball.  I said our defence would come back to haunt us in the playoffs because they have no play makers and it happened tonight.  I don't agree with paying Milano huge money,  he is a good but not great player.  They need at least one  dominant defensive player on this team and a running back.  Get those two things and we will be fine,  White is good but i am talking about a player in our front 7.  Getting a RB will take the pressure off Allen,  KC was primed to run on tonight but Singeltary is just not good enough

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah, no pre-snap motion, and I didn’t like the tight formations. 

You could call out the plays that wouldn’t work before that happened and I did routinely. 

You should apply for the OC position.  LOL.  

1 hour ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

For what it's worth, it looked a lot like this in the '80s when the Bills were rising to greatness back then.

We didn't shoot straight to the top of the AFC.  We had setbacks along the way but were gradually getting better all the time, season to season to season.

Once we finally put it all together, we pretty much owned the AFC and went to 4 straight Super Bowls, kind of like what Kansas City is doing now.

Rome wasn't built in a day!