I'm heartbroken. Words of comfort?

Rockee96

This was a great season by the Bills--they finished top 4. That is better than anyone expected. What killed them, in my opinion (and as others have remarked), were three things:

1. A lack of a dominant pass rush

2. An absent running game

3. An absence of a dominant "underneath game" of tight ends and running backs catching the ball (we did some of that late, but not nearly enough all season)

I think Daboll did great because he developed Allen, but now he needs to step up and develop a running game.

Buffalo has turned around quickly under McDermott, but they have more work to do.    If anyone in the summer said the Buffalo with this schedule would be 13-3 and a championship with Allen being in the running for mvp, I would have been very excited.    I am in a down mood tonight, but in the long run, i will see this season as a positive and exciting one.

The front seven on the defense needs to be addressed.    The players who have replaced players such as Lawson, Phillips, Louteuoi did not get it done this year.   The front seven needs a player that does for the defense what Diggs did for the offense this year.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

This team has Issues on Defense and offense line and RB ALL FIXABLE.  They gave a good run and we were out classed. it happens. I am glad it ended like this and not a true heart breaker. The future of this team is bright. We just put it all in our QB Hands and that AINT RIGHT!

Cheer them when they come home we will.

Love this team we always will.

The tears are real and ok to feel.

We live breath love the Bills and

soon we will be on top of the Hills. 

We will be back

stronger at back

will we do not lack

we will see the AFC Champ game

Back to Back

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

We weren't good enough. Heartbroken for me was last years Houston game when we were in FG range in OT.

This game never looked like ours, even at 9-0, that's nothing against this team.

The offense and defense were outmatched unfortunately. Just have to move on to the offseason. I love this team but life goes on and it's not the worst thing in the world! It was a great season and yes I probably wouldn't say that if I was a fan of the Chiefs or Pats so you can call it loser talk but this team has been losers of the worst kind for so many years, this season was great over all.

Sad to lose this way in the end but at least they can see where they need to improve now

right on the money

19 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

This game felt a lot like the 1988 AFC Championship game. The Bills were totally over powered and lost 21-10. That was only the start of that teams run. 

I believe that no one will put in more effort to get better in the off season than Josh Allen. He's only 24, and made it all the way to the Conference title game. The future is bright. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

My pack of razorblades came with a bonus blade! I have a few extra to share:death:

The Queefs are 3-4 years ahead of the Bills in roster building and continuity.  

The Bills needed to get beat up, pushed around, and outplayed- so they can grow and shake that tentative, on their heels mentality they showed today.

they didn’t believe they could win, and it showed.  The speed and intensity of that loss is now a benchmark for Buffalo- from here on out, you play to then benchmark.

This is a growth experience, even though it feels *****.  Buffalo is an ether team next year for having gone through that, well, whatever that was.

2 years, Super Bowl.  Book it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think Allen played his tail off.

Bills need more elite talent.

That’s really what I saw tonight. 

We don’t have a Tight End, Brown could separate, we don’t have a pass rush and we need another corner.

I agree, to beat KC, we could definitely use an elite pass rusher! A few other piece too (RB comes to mind). Don’t know why our receivers weren’t able to get separation. They seemed to get good separation in the previous games 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This game felt a lot like the 1988 AFC Championship game. The Bills were totally over powered and lost 21-10. That was only the start of that teams run. 

I believe that no one will put in more effort to get better in the off season than Josh Allen. He's only 24, and made it all the way to the Conference title game. The future is bright. 

we had bruce smith--who at that age was almost non-human with his dominance 

I lived through four lost super bowls, like many others here.  They all sucked, but I was young and didn't fully appreciate what we were doing at the time.  I do now.  

This loss hurts, no question.  But KC was favored for a reason -- they're the best team in the NFL.  There's no shame in losing here, just like KC should not have felt ashamed if this game had gone the other way.  We earned our way into the playoffs and beat two good teams to get here. This is a young team with a great staff and FO.  We're primed for continued success.

Off-season priorities for me: figure out a way to cover TEs.  I don't know what that means personnel-wise or scheme-wise, but make it happen.  I don't want to get torched by Kelce and Gesike next year.  Second, we need a RB.  I love Motor as a change of pace back, but it's obvious that he's not the answer at that position and it's also obvious that the Bills staff don't like this unit overall.  We don't need Derrick Henry, just somebody reliable. 

1st half

on 2 KC TD drives they had a 3rd  and long. One they converted on their side, other they got a 4-1 in FG range.  You hold them to a FG they only have 17 buffalo gets a TD instead of FG it’s 17-16 at half

in 2nd half they trade FGs, KC gets a TD Then buffalo throws a red zone pick.

they-trade TDs

...the game at this point before buffalos recovered onside kick it’s a one score game. Had buffalo not thrown the pick and got a TD it’s likely tied or a small deficit.

the point I’m getting at its small margins was the difference in the game. Thus comesdiwn to execution.