I'm heartbroken. Words of comfort?

Rockee96

Hi Bills Mafia,

You were so encouraging to me when I openly shared my fears and hopes before the Ravens Game - thank you. 

I honestly really didn't expect us to win today, but I am heartbroken even though I set my expectations low. Also, it's not the fact that we lost but the WAY we lost. I am so mad at  many of the Bills coaches, but I won't go there. I need to move on, but this one really hurts deep. Any Perspective or words of comfort?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

We lost to a better team.  It’s that simple.  When there’s a loss it’s natural to assign blame, but sometimes it’s just that the other side is better.  Sad tonight but the future is bright.

Thank you

Team did better than anyone thought.   This reminds me of 1988, a young Bill's team went to Cincinnati for the AFC championship and lost.  Of course we and skip 1989 and avoid the bickering Bills, and to 1990 and a super bowl appearance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills had a fine, fine season, and exceeded my expectations at every step of the way.  Until today.

So let's see if they build a machine that can beat KC next season, because I think that, short of a total Bills' meltdown in 2021, KC is THE team to beat in the AFC in 2021.

I hated the outcome of this game, don't get me wrong.  Then again, I am not surprised.  KC was lights out, exactly as I expected them to be, and the Bills had to be perfect to stand a chance.  Which they weren't by a long shot.

Edited by Groin
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, kevnallen said:

The Chiefs were a better team. The Bills would have had to play a near perfect game to win, which they unfortunately didn’t. All in all it was a pretty damn good year 

Great season. Fix the obvious and we'll be right back. Disappointed with our coaches tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We lost to a better team.  It’s that simple.  When there’s a loss it’s natural to assign blame, but sometimes it’s just that the other side is better.  Sad tonight but the future is bright.

it should have been a better game but hard to argue here.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

it’s about execution.

buffalo had 2 times inside the 10 and kicked 2 FGs. KC got TDs.  The deficit was 16 at the time. Reverse it and it’s a tie game.

theD failed to make stops forcing punts or holding thrm to FGs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Chiefs are the best team in football by a large margin. 

We lost to the best. 

Josh showed the yips, whereas Patrick played like a seasoned vet. 

Our coaching was weak, and played scared. No killer instinct. 

And, I’m at peace with it. It was a heck of a run, but the Browns ***** us. Hard. :) 

Now, GO CHIEFS! Beat Tom! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think Allen played his tail off.

Bills need more elite talent.

That’s really what I saw tonight. 

We don’t have a Tight End, Brown could separate, we don’t have a pass rush and we need another corner.

it’s not a talent issue...it’s execution.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Agree. Very wise words my aged friend ;)