Is any part of Singletary's game elite? [Edited: title from merged thread]

r henderson

3 hours ago, r henderson said:

Major disappointment! A new topic was needed for his play this year. Can someone name one game where he has made a difference? Until we can establish some signs of a running game, it will be tough sledding in the big games.

I mean how did henry do in the big games?

10 minutes ago, 947 said:

Singletary is a great guy, just not good enough to get significant snaps in the NFL. He doesn't have NFL speed, and he tries to use his 1 great attribute (moves) too much instead of blasting into holes.

I think Moss would've helped today, but we need a major upgrade.

Upgrade again for the 3rd time while our best RB sits on the practice squad again next season or isn't even on the team.

Yup, thats whats going to happen.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Upgrade again for the 3rd time while our best RB sits on the practice squad again next season or isn't even on the team.

Yup, thats whats going to happen.

Crazy how good Yeldon looks out there. We do need top 5 receiving RB IMO. It makes it so much easier for Josh and the O. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Yeldon is basically another big WR coming out of the back field.

Sucks we shelved him so long. He still only 27 and has some really good hands. Even when he was running I had more confidence. I think Yeldon is the best RB on our team in all honesty. 

Gawd, I so wish we could have the 2015-2017 McCoy for Allen.  We need to upgrade, Beane knew that as well and I'm glad Bell didn't work out as I think he is washed. I would love to see a great receiving back like Ekeler though.  

Singletary stinks.....plain and simple....all season long....RB are a dime a dozen...you dont keep the crappy one's around...ok sure we apparently loss on a draft pick here we thought would be good but apparently this guy is a bust...cut loss and move on asap......Keep Moss...bring up Antonio Williams and maybe pick up Ingram if possible...oh yeah fix the damn D!!!!

3 hours ago, r henderson said:

Major disappointment! A new topic was needed for his play this year. Can someone name one game where he has made a difference? Until we can establish some signs of a running game, it will be tough sledding in the big games.

Worst part is he was much better than Zack Moss.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, JPP said:

Singletary stinks.....plain and simple....all season long....RB are a dime a dozen...you dont keep the crappy one's around...ok sure we apparently loss on a draft pick here we thought would be good but apparently this guy is a bust...cut loss and move on asap......Keep Moss...bring up Antonio Williams and maybe pick up Ingram if possible...oh yeah fix the damn D!!!!

Keep moss, find speed at RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Was a huge drop. He might have gotten 20 yards on that if he catches it. But we probably would have just kicked a field goal!!! 🤔

Oh trust me he gets 20 on that play. There was no one in front of him. It's not that drop that fries my ass. It's his slow "shimie every time he gets the ball. He's completely incapable of attacking a hole. He has to be upgraded. And on a final note Yeldon was so poorly used all year. Daboll basically gave up on any running game. Tonight it destroyed us.

• Like (+1) 2

He just isn't special. He had 4 more carries this year than last. For the most part. He is the same guy. He was a product of inflated ypc based on low carry count and a few broken plays. He isn't consistent and should be a change of pace not a feature