Seahawks want to interview Dorsey for OC [Edit: hiring Waldron from Rams]

BillsMafi$

Then there's this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/seahawks-oc-search-ken-dorsey-and-shane-waldron-linked-to-seattle/ar-BB1d2X7S

SB Nation John P. Gilbert

So, when the Kansas City Chiefs host the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Championship Game, quarterbacks coach for the Bills Ken Dorsey could be preoccupied with the fact that he might have the opportunity to coach a real quarterback in the future.

Exact quote.  1 hr ago. 

Completion % Allen 4th, Wilson 6th

Passing yards Allen 5th, Wilson 9th

YPA, Allen 6th, Wilson 14th

Passing TDs Wilson 3rd, Allen

Interception % Allen 10th, Wilson 22nd

The casual disrespect of us, It's Real

"Bills Ken Dorsey could be preoccupied with the fact that he might have the opportunity to coach a real quarterback in the future"  Un-*****-believable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then there's this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/seahawks-oc-search-ken-dorsey-and-shane-waldron-linked-to-seattle/ar-BB1d2X7S

Exact quote.  1 hr ago. 

Completion % Allen 4th, Wilson 6th

Passing yards Allen 5th, Wilson 9th

YPA, Allen 6th, Wilson 14th

Passing TDs Wilson 3rd, Allen

Interception % Allen 10th, Wilson 22nd

The casual disrespect of us, It's Real

"Bills Ken Dorsey could be preoccupied with the fact that he might have the opportunity to coach a real quarterback in the future"  Un-*****-believable.

That's some next level stupid.  Trying to be the next Nick Wrong I see...

Edited by Doc

Ken Dorsey is not stupid. 

He understands that Brian Daboll will likely be with the Bills one more season, and then he will be promoted to the Offensive Coordinator in Buffalo.

So his decision is to pick up his family, move to Seattle and run a team with inferior offensive weapons 😁, just so he can get the promotion 12 months early?  Or stick around with a Super Bowl contender for another season, and then take over in 2022?

• Like (+1) 1

Then there's this

https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2021/1/24/22247151/seattle-seahawks-oc-search-buffalo-bills-ken-dorsey-los-angeles-rams-shane-waldron-linked-to-seattle

"So, when the Kansas City Chiefs host the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Championship Game, quarterbacks coach for the Bills Ken Dorsey could be preoccupied with the fact that he might have the opportunity to coach a real quarterback in the future."

On 1/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Brennan Huff said:

This is what happens to good teams. And I expect this to happen to us for the foreseeable future. Teams are going to try to emulate us and our culture. Next man up

Yes? How can I help you?

• Haha (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Seahawks want to interview Dorsey for OC [Edit: hiring Waldron from Rams]
7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dan Sileo is a hack. 

Did Dorsey interview with them previously, which is what "speaking again" implies?

According to this article published today and discussing whether he'd be a good fit, the Dolphins apparently have not expressed interest: "Dorsey, who has not even been formally attached to the Dolphins’ job....."

Flores seems to be a good coach building a good team, but he changes OCs like some other guys change shirts.  Personally, when a HC hires and fires two different OCs in 2 years, I don't think I want to uproot my family for that situation, especially if it's a guy I've never worked with or had some kind of relationship with.

• Like (+1) 1

Good news that Dorsey is safe

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Seattle hired Rams pass game coordinator Shane Waldron as OC but what’s up with Miami? I didn’t know they were interested in Dorsey.

Everyone should be interested in Dorsey after seeing what the Bills have done with Josh.

That said, I hope he realizes his smartest, safest path to success is staying in Buffalo. Daboll will get a HC spot, and Dorsey will get a promotion. And in 2-3 years, Dorsey will be a prime HC candidate.

If he goes somewhere else, to a struggling or rebuilding team as OC now, the whole staff gets canned in a year or two and then he has to come back and start over.

Buffalo is the place to be for coaches and players.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:
Everyone should be interested in Dorsey after seeing what the Bills have done with Josh.

That said, I hope he realizes his smartest, safest path to success is staying in Buffalo. Daboll will get a HC spot, and Dorsey will get a promotion. And in 2-3 years, Dorsey will be a prime HC candidate.

If he goes somewhere else, to a struggling or rebuilding team as OC now, the whole staff gets canned in a year or two and then he has to come back and start over.

Yeah but how much of that was him versus Palmer and Daboll who have been working with him since 2018?  Has Josh credited Dorsey with his development?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but how much of that was him versus Palmer and Daboll who have been working with him since 2018?  Has Josh credited Dorsey with his development?

Doesnt really matter. He was a part of it. 80% of Josh's success is on Josh, just like any other successfully developed QB. Divvy up the rest as you see fit.

But being around and a part of it is all that is needed to get a promotion in the NFL, where developing QBs is crucial.

But that is why I specifically said "After seeing what the Bills have done with Josh", not "what Dorsey has done with Josh". It's a group effort. The point is to be a part of it.

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Doesnt really matter. He was a part of it. 80% of Josh's success is on Josh, just like any other successfully developed QB. Divvy up the rest as you see fit.

But being around and a part of it is all that is needed to get a promotion in the NFL, where developing QBs is crucial.

But that is why I specifically said "After seeing what the Bills have done with Josh", not "what Dorsey has done with Josh". It's a group effort. The point is to be a part of it.

I actually had another response that I erased that said "since Dorsey was a part of it, other teams will assume he had a hand in it."  But the Dols hiring and promoting him to OC so as to also get him to be a QB coach to Tua isn't smart.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What a time to be alive. Remember when our offensive coordinator was Turk Schonert?

Edit: I had no idea he died a couple years ago. RIP

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 1