Schefter: Bell out, Watkins longshot to play, CEH possible pitch count

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think it’s someone named Thompson, who gets a handful of carries. Both guys can hit the hole Hard for 4-yard gains. 

Also, it may just be me, but I think CEH is just okay. Not a guy to be super worried about. He had two great games this year (one against us)— but seems stoppable. 

Not only was his game vs the Bills an anomaly, so was the Bills run defense against him. He had 161 vs Bills (who played him with a 5-6 man box the entire game) and 642 the rest of the season. Granted he got hurt.  

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Bell and Watkins are OUT per FOX.

Well, all of the BBFS victims “fearing” Sammy would destroy us can breathe a sigh of relief...until the next thing they figure out to worry about.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

IMO, Watkins has always possessed tremendous talent that has never consistently manifested on the field. The fact is that he is receiver with a career 58 catch percentage who struggles to stay on the field. I had no problem when they decided to let him go and I have no personal animosity toward him. I have more of an issue with Whaley for what he gave up to get Watkins, than I do with Watkins himself for not living up to the expectations that came with it.

After seeing his performance last year in the playoffs I would much rather not see him today. When he is on, he has the ability to take over the game. We saw it here a few times, notably against KC where he caught 3 TDs in the first half I believe.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

After seeing his performance last year in the playoffs I would much rather not see him today. When he is on, he has the ability to take over the game. We saw it here a few times, notably against KC where he caught 3 TDs in the first half I believe.

Agreed. Not scared of Watkins as an individual, but he adds another dimension to that offense when he's healthy and motivated. His size and speed combo would have been a tough cover for Norman or Wallace.

Another guy that's out for them is RT Mitchell Schwartz who actually got hurt in our Week 6 match up in the first quarter I believe. He's probably their best O-lineman when healthy. This is a huge redemption game for our defensive line, we need to dominate the LoS. 

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agreed. Not scared of Watkins as an individual, but he adds another dimension to that offense when he's healthy and motivated. His size and speed combo would have been a tough cover for Norman or Wallace.

Another guy that's out for them is RT Mitchell Schwartz who actually got hurt in our Week 6 match up in the first quarter I believe. He's probably their best O-lineman when healthy. This is a huge redemption game for our defensive line, we need to dominate the LoS. 

So much has changed since that game...since Harrison Phillips has been back in and playing regularly, our run D has been hugely improved, actually one of the best in the NFL.

9 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Remember when EJ Manuel "threw" Watkins into that ankle injury in the end zone?   I was a bad throw, but come on man, Watkins was so brittle.   So good to have traded him away to another team who can deal with that.  

Good throw, right in the middle of the window.  Sammy needed to throttle down.  Versus Bengals?