Schefter: Bell out, Watkins longshot to play, CEH possible pitch count

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Remember when EJ Manuel "threw" Watkins into that ankle injury in the end zone?   I was a bad throw, but come on man, Watkins was so brittle.   So good to have traded him away to another team who can deal with that.  

Remember when we traded up to get like the 7th best WR in that draft? Instead of staying where we were and getting a better guy. Or just trade up to kept Mack in Buffalo? It’s nice to have competent people in charge now.

You all are a lot more forgiving about Watkins. There are a handful of former Bills that I really dislike. And he is one of them (Gilmore, Jairus Byrd, and Dareus).

Re Watkins, he is soft (mentally and physically), always has a ton of excuses, and produces poorly for his obvious talent level and his salary. He’s just an underachieving slacker.

Chiefs’ fans appear to have the same view of him— total frustration and irritation for him giving so little for how much he makes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You all are a lot more forgiving about Watkins. There are a handful of former Bills that I really dislike. And he is one of them (Gilmore, Jairus Byrd, and Dareus).

Re Watkins, he is soft (mentally and physically), always has a ton of excuses, and produces poorly for his obvious talent level and his salary. He’s just an underachieving slacker.

Chiefs’ fans appear to have the same view of him— total frustration and irritation for him giving so little for how much he makes. 

There weren’t many people who were on board with the trade.  I thought it made perfect logical sense and for me it was one of the defining moves made by Beane early in his career as GM of the Bills.  Highly unpopular move that took a lot of chutzpah and he pulled the trigger despite all the teeth gnashing from many in the fan base.  He has been unequivocally vindicated with the move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

There weren’t many people who were on board with the trade.  I thought it made perfect logical sense and for me it was one of the defining moves made by Beane early in his career as GM of the Bills.  Highly unpopular move that took a lot of chutzpah and he pulled the trigger despite all the teeth gnashing from many in the fan base.  He has been unequivocally vindicated with the move.

You do know it wasn't Beane that made that trade, right?

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

By the way, re CEH, I am not sure him playing or not is all that huge. Those other chiefs backs all seem to fit their scheme pretty well and run hard. I thought Williams ran hard last week. 

Who are the other ones besides Williams?

Mahomes with Turf Toe

CHE on pitch count 

Bell OUT

Watkins likely OUT

I wouldn’t say that any of these injuries are a difference maker but I think it is a small advantage for the Bills.  Hopefully they can take care of business today.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Mahomes with Turf Toe

CHE on pitch count 

Bell OUT

Watkins likely OUT

I wouldn’t say that any of these injuries are a difference maker but I think it is a small advantage for the Bills.  Hopefully they can take care of business today.

LB Willie Gay also out. Not a starter but plays about 20% of snaps and was the 4th highest graded rookie left in the playoffs. Probably their fastest LB and could have been used to spy Allen.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who are the other ones besides Williams?

I think it’s someone named Thompson, who gets a handful of carries. Both guys can hit the hole Hard for 4-yard gains. 

Also, it may just be me, but I think CEH is just okay. Not a guy to be super worried about. He had two great games this year (one against us)— but seems stoppable. 

• Like (+1) 1

Those high ankle sprains are tough. If CEH wasn’t well enough to play in a huge game last week vs Cleveland, he certainly isn’t 100% this week. Straight line running will be ok, but making quick cuts will be dicey.

• Agree 1

Watkins didn't play the first time and obviously neither did Bell (who is a nobody at this point anyway).  CEH torched the Bills for 161 yards at 6.2 YPC.  His being limited will help a lot.  So should Mahomes' toe injury and Breeland just barely passing concussion protocol.

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Anyone on this board ever have turf toe? It's obviously painful and takes forever to heal. I'm wondering if (when) he gets shots in it to numb it throughout the game, if that makes him able to use/ push off with that foot normally. I'm guessing he's been practicing this week with the shots to realize what It's going to feel like and what limitations he has. Probably a strange sensation having that part of the foot numb... but how debilitating is that?

The shot is a combo of local anesthetic, steroid and probably toradol. It will have to go into and around the joint which is right at the base of the big toe. You can’t numb the whole foot obviously because then you won’t have balance. 

It’s going to effect him. I felt from the last game the toe would have more impact than the head injury. You could see how it impacted him after it flared up in the second half when he couldn’t step into his throws as much and it will limit (not eliminate) his running ability. Keep in mind he will have a metal plate under that toe to limit hyper extension.

The shot can definitely decrease the pain but it doesn’t eliminate it and constant use, like in a friggin AFC Championship game, can cause it to act up especially in the second half despite repeated injections.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Well really jairus did us a favor in the long run :)