1/24/21 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Bills @ Chiefs PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Said something the effect that everyone is going to enjoy watching him play, special talent great QB, yada yada ... Even picked bills over chiefs. We’re screwed. 

Someone switched up his script on the teleprompter and he didn’t notice, a la Anchorman 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm here.

I'll be back after the game win or lose .....but this will be my last post before the game starts.

In 2018, when KC had a bottom 3 defense, Patrick Mahomes, would will that team to wins and even when losing that year, he had 3 losses where the other team simply had the ball last in back and forth games including the 2018 AFCCG.  In 2019, Mahomes and KC overcame a 24-0 first quarter deficit VS Houston.  I know and am well aware that Buffalo had an incredible comeback against another Houston team way back when....and KC trailed by 10 in all their other playoff games in 2019 and won all of them.

We've been throwing stats back and forth, matchups and all that.....but my final point is simply......Mahomes.  No moment is too big...no obstacle is too big.....no lead is safe until the clock strikes 00's  He has proven to be more than equal to these moments and the team he has around him now, have the added confidence of knowing who their QB is and what he's about in these games.  Beneth the boyish face and the hair....and the kermit voice....lies the heart of a champion and driven competitor who can summon every talent he has to will his team to a victory in the biggest moment on the biggest stage.  

Patrick Mahomes.  Period.

I can not disagree with any point you made, though I'll counter with 2 words.

Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm here.

I'll be back after the game win or lose .....but this will be my last post before the game starts.

In 2018, when KC had a bottom 3 defense, Patrick Mahomes, would will that team to wins and even when losing that year, he had 3 losses where the other team simply had the ball last in back and forth games including the 2018 AFCCG.  In 2019, Mahomes and KC overcame a 24-0 first quarter deficit VS Houston.  I know and am well aware that Buffalo had an incredible comeback against another Houston team way back when....and KC trailed by 10 in all their other playoff games in 2019 and won all of them.

We've been throwing stats back and forth, matchups and all that.....but my final point is simply......Mahomes.  No moment is too big...no obstacle is too big.....no lead is safe until the clock strikes 00's  He has proven to be more than equal to these moments and the team he has around him now, have the added confidence of knowing who their QB is and what he's about in these games.  Beneth the boyish face and the hair....and the kermit voice....lies the heart of a champion and driven competitor who can summon every talent he has to will his team to a victory in the biggest moment on the biggest stage.  

Yawn. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm here.

WHATEVER MAN.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve actually wondered if Star would get a ring? He opted out and contributed absolutely nothing to the organization this season. 

That would be interesting but something tells me they would just do it to not cause a discord with him. They still want him back next year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm here.

Yeah, well that’s just, like, your  opinion man.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
Misspelled word
  • Like (+1) 4

I don't have anything new to add to this thread other than this:

It's been a pleasure talking Bills with you all season, and over the past few years. 

I watched the old "History of the Buffalo Bills" video with Tim Russert and Vincent Gallo today. Something about the voices of Ed Sabol and Van Miller just bring to life the historical significance of this day. I then watched highlights from our last four AFC Championship games. I'm done watching clips of the past now, and I'm ready for the Bills to charge into the future.

I'd like to think the Bills will be in the AFC title game a lot over the next decade, but the truth is this: It could be another 27 years. You just never know. 

So enjoy today, soak it in, enjoy it....and GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

This game is going to be painful, announcing wise. Hopefully Romo can get off of Mahomes jock long enough to announce the game. 

Don’t hold your breath. They’ll spin it into basically being the equivalent of Jack Youngblood playing in the super bowl with a broken leg or Rivers playing on a shredded ACL in the title game one year. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1