Green Bay Packers activate Tramon Williams, who could become first to play for two NFL teams in a postseason

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/48633/packers-pay-up-to-the-tune-of-5-28m-for-their-good-health

The Green Bay Packers have elevated recent cornerback acquisition Tramon Williams to their active roster for Sunday's NFC Championship Game with the visiting Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Williams, who was acquired by the Packers and put on their practice squad after he was waived by the Baltimore Ravens on Monday, could become the first in NFL history to play for two different teams in the same postseason.

Williams, 37, had three tackles in the Ravens' 17-3 AFC divisional playoff loss at the Buffalo Bills last week.

Not sure about rule on this. Thought I read elsewhere it was not allowed.

13 minutes ago, TJC34 said:

Yes, Jared Valdheer started for the colts in the wild card game against Buffalo. Signed with Green Bay after the Colts lost. 

He didn't play because was placed in Covid list

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TJC34 said:

Yes, Jared Valdheer started for the colts in the wild card game against Buffalo. Signed with Green Bay after the Colts lost. 

And then tested positive for COVID and remains on the COVID list. Ain’t that a B

Just now, poblano said:

He didn't play because was placed in Covid list

Just a bit faster than I was...

3 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

wasn't there a lineman on the colts that was signed by packers?

Yes, but a point was made at the time that he was eligible to be signed because he'd been on the Colts practice squad so was a free agent.

He wound up on covid-19 reserve list so he's not playing

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/48633/packers-pay-up-to-the-tune-of-5-28m-for-their-good-health

Not sure about rule on this. Thought I read elsewhere it was not allowed.

That's what I thought I read, or at least it was implied by explaining that Veldheer could be signed by GB because technically he was a free agent 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why? Who cares?

Could those players be used to gain intel on the teams they played against (in this case, the Bills) and who their new team may play against in the Super Bowl?  Intel could be from either from playing against the Bills, or from their former team who scouted the Bills extensively?  I'm sure the Packers have analyzed the Bills already, but hearing what another team found couldn't hurt.

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

This is a loophole that I think the NFL needs to close after this year

Agree. I like the 2 practice squad elevations rule.... but if it leads to guys playing for multiple teams in the post season then that should be outlawed. In the post season once you have been active for a game for one team you are off limits. 

8 hours ago, dma0034 said:

This is a loophole that I think the NFL needs to close after this year

Not as long as Fitz still is playing! 😁

Wouldn't you love to hit Fitz's garage sale when he finally does hang up the cleats?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

6 hours ago, RangerDave said:

Could those players be used to gain intel on the teams they played against (in this case, the Bills) and who their new team may play against in the Super Bowl?  Intel could be from either from playing against the Bills, or from their former team who scouted the Bills extensively?  I'm sure the Packers have analyzed the Bills already, but hearing what another team found couldn't hurt.

I really don't think that players who played against our team provides meaningful value beyond what coaches film and the coaches themselves already come armed with. Every play we ran is on tape for the world to see, along with the count, cadence adjustments, etc. At this part of the season, it's about gameplan and execution.