Detriot Lions and Stafford to part ways this offseason

Wayne Cubed

With only 2 years left on his contract and his cost after the Detroit Dead Money he could end up in a lot of different places.

There are a lot of teams with higher draft picks than the 15th Patriots and the 21st Colts.

This is going to be one of those wait and see things.

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I think Stafford is overrated personally. 50% of the Lions suck is on him. Thats a two way street if ya ask me. Everyone always feels so sorry for him blah blah blah. He's maybe above average and pretty darn un-clutch.

Except he is right up there among QBs in the last decade in 4th Quarter comebacks. I think Stafford is clutch. If anything the opposite is true. Too often he plays small early in games which is why they are behind. It is like he is too laid back but once you flick that switch he can go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Washington, Chicago, Indianapolis, and New Orleans are all playoff teams that need a QB.  Stafford & a 3rd for one of their 1st rounders.  He makes all but Washington a Super Bowl contender. 

The Saints are what, $99M over the cap next season?  Even with losing the Brees contract, I don't see how they could afford Stafford.

I agree with others and think Indy is the likely landing spot.

Edited by sullim4
  • Agree 2

On New England I think New England would love Stafford. I think he'd fit great in their offense too. Not sure with the likely bidding war for his services why Stafford would want to go to New England?

I am sure given this is a mutual parting that Detroit will try and respect where Stafford wants to go.

16 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Let him go to New England.. 

Why are fans so scared of other teams building? I enjoyed some of Staffords seasons in Detroit. 
Allen is a MVP candidate this year. If this is the level of play he’s going to stay at for years to come what are people scared of? 
We were bullied for so many years I swear some fans are shell shocked. We are the bully in most instances now. Enjoy it. I hope other teams build, I want competitive games and competition. 

I agree. No matter how many qbs come to the afce, none of them will come close to 17.

17 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Washington, Chicago, Indianapolis, and New Orleans are all playoff teams that need a QB.  Stafford & a 3rd for one of their 1st rounders.  He makes all but Washington a Super Bowl contender. 

Washington has talent. Add a QB like Stafford and they definitely become a contender. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. No matter how many qbs come to the afce, none of them will come close to 17.

It makes the division much harder.