Detriot Lions and Stafford to part ways this offseason

Wayne Cubed

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, now Matt Stafford.

As bad as Buffalo has had it (until recently) Detroit has been exponentially worse.  

Hope he finds a team he can be in the post-season with.  

I tend to see him as part of the problem.

I remember in his second season reading a story where he was talking about all the marble he had imported for his house and all this other material stuff.............and I thought that was a bit of putting the cart before the horse for like a 21 year old dude.........and back then when you went #1 overall you got paid HUGE.

As a friend of mine says...........it's pre-paying the ransom.

Sometimes money like that can remove the focus and I never found him to be a great competitor.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Stafford is due $20M next season and $22M the next.

He's 33 years old.

https://overthecap.com/player/matt-stafford/1060/

Possibly the "arrangement" has to do with signing bonus, which at present would leave Detroit $19M in dead cap after a trade.

I would say maybe Colts, but depends upon what exactly Detroit wants for him.

Let him go to New England.. 

Why are fans so scared of other teams building? I enjoyed some of Staffords seasons in Detroit. 
Allen is a MVP candidate this year. If this is the level of play he’s going to stay at for years to come what are people scared of? 
We were bullied for so many years I swear some fans are shell shocked. We are the bully in most instances now. Enjoy it. I hope other teams build, I want competitive games and competition. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I remember in his second season reading a story where he was talking about all the marble he had imported for his house and all this other material stuff.............and I thought that was a bit of putting the cart before the horse for like a 21 year old dude.........and back then when you went #1 overall you got paid HUGE.

Sometimes money like that can remove the focus and I never found him to be a great competitor.   

I don’t know, just because someone wants nice things doesn’t mean they lose focus and aren’t a good competitor. Didn’t he also have a game where he had a separated shoulder or something like that, went back I to the game, and ran the ball in on 4th and goal?

as an organization when you screw up having arguably both a top 2 or 3 running back and a top 3 or 4 receiver and have really nothing to show for it, that’s on the organization, not the players 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

I've always thought Stafford has been good to very good but not great. Somethings always been missing and it can't all be blamed on the coaching. 

I know what you mean, but he's at least as good as Tannehill, and look at the renaissance he has had in Nashville.

I can see Stafford having a few strong seasons for the right team.  Indy, New England, maybe a few others.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The dude played through a broken back last season until tye team forced him to shut it down