Kenny Stills, Dane Jackson elevated from PS

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If he were so good that everyone had confidence in him, we wouldn’t even being discussing this.

We talking about Kenny Stills.  We not talking about the game......no, not the game.....we talking about Kenny Stills

you're the one continuing the conversation about Stills - I tried to end it. I'm not advocating for him; I'm sure the team has a plan for this game with or without him.

"we talking"????

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

you're the one continuing the conversation about Stills - I tried to end it. I'm not advocating for him; I'm sure the team has a plan for this game with or without him.

"we talking"????

When people quote me, I try to reply.  Sorry.  

Talkin is an Allen Iverson reference 

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why are people so down on Stills? I thought he was a pretty good depth signing for the playoffs, well see. 

Because he’s just that. A pretty good depth signing. I’m not down on him.....I just don’t think he’s going to play.   I want Davis to suit up.  Davis >>> stills.  Mckenzie > Stills. If Davis were to miss the game, Stills should suit up and is a very good option to have on the PS as insurance.....which I’ve said all along.  

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s a #2 or 3? Lol. 

I don’t see it

There isn't much to see Era, he did not play this year as the Texans are ran so well as of late. I have extreme confidence in their FO that Stills just magically sucks now. 

Prior to this year his 7 playing years he averaged 670+ YDs and 5 TDs a season. Is that not WR2 or WR3 production to you?

It's a fantastic late addition for depth at the WR position for our team by Beane.  If he plays as a 4 or 5 on our team, I really have zero issues with that ar all to fill in for injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McNasty said:

There isn't much to see Era, he did not play this year as the Texans are ran so well as of late. I have extreme confidence in their FO that Stills just magically sucks now. 

Prior to this year his 7 playing years he averaged 670+ YDs and 5 TDs a season. Is that not WR2 or WR3 production to you?

It's a fantastic late addition for depth at the WR position for our team by Beane.  If he plays as a 4 or 5 on our team, I really have zero issues with that ar all to fill in for injuries.

I don’t look at stats to determine wether or not a player is good or not. I look at situations. The Dolphins paid stills too much money for what he was worth and they had to use him.  He was their speed guy to play the boundary with Landry in the slot and flanked by Parker, who was never healthy.  He put up some ok numbers.  He also dropped a bunch of passes.  His hands are meh imo. 

he was never a “good” #2 or 3 wr imo.  He was a #2/3 wr because Miami was inept.  I remember when we’d discuss whether or not Stevie johnson was a #1 wr.  He was our #1 Wr, by default.  Similar to stills being the default 2 in Miami.  Parker missing lots of games made him look like a 2 in the stat column a  couple seasons.  He’s a jag with speed that can make some plays when called upon.  A good depth WR and backup plan.  Never should’ve been part of the main plan.

jmo.  It’s ok to disagree

• Like (+1) 1

Late to the convo. He’s been in camp now for three weeks. KC has zero film on him. Just putting him out there is bound to cause some confusion.  I could see KC burning a TO just to figure out who is covering him in a Brown, Diggs and Stills alignment, especially if he is out wide with Diggs in the slot.  The game within the game. 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t look at stats to determine wether or not a player is good or not. I look at situations. The Dolphins paid stills too much money for what he was worth and they had to use him.  He was their speed guy to play the boundary with Landry in the slot and flanked by Parker, who was never healthy.  He put up some ok numbers.  He also dropped a bunch of passes.  His hands are meh imo. 

he was never a “good” #2 or 3 wr imo.  He was a #2/3 wr because Miami was inept.  I remember when we’d discuss whether or not Stevie johnson was a #1 wr.  He was our #1 Wr, by default.  Similar to stills being the default 2 in Miami.  Parker missing lots of games made him look like a 2 in the stat column a  couple seasons.  He’s a jag with speed that can make some plays when called upon.  A good depth WR and backup plan.  Never should’ve been part of the main plan.

jmo.  It’s ok to disagree

We both agree on bolded 100%. If he does play and somehow burns one for a TD today that is all we can ask or hope for with his 4.38sec 40. Will he even play today? Maybe as a WR#5 if Davis is out behind Mckenzie. I wish Gabe was healthy as the kid has a ton of upside for us. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

Late to the convo. He’s been in camp now for three weeks. KC has zero film on him. Just putting him out there is bound to cause some confusion.  I could see KC burning a TO just to figure out who is covering him in a Brown, Diggs and Stills alignment, especially if he is out wide with Diggs in the slot.  The game within the game. 

yes, and perhaps part of Daboll's diabolical scheme cooked up just for this game. I think it's foregone conclusion he's held back some looks/plays.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He also dropped a bunch of passes.  His hands are meh imo. 

It might have a little to do with who is throwing him the ball. His catch rate with the Dolphins was 52%. With the Saints and the Texans it was around 70%

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It might have a little to do with who is throwing him the ball. His catch rate with the Dolphins was 52%. With the Saints and the Texans it was around 70%

Absolutely.

I’m more talking about drops than catch rate. I’m going mostly off my memories of watching him, so I could be wrong.  I’ve seen him drop some layups.  In a small sample size this year, his drop rate was 15.8% with Watson throwing him the ball. 

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely.

I’m more talking about drops than catch rate. I’m going mostly off my memories of watching him, so I could be wrong.  I’ve seen him drop some layups.  In a small sample size this year, his drop rate was 15.8% with Watson throwing him the ball. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on this year with him in Houston. He only had 19 targets, so it is tough to do any sort of real analysis. Last year he had a drop rate of 5% on 50 targets.

At any rate, I don't think he sees the field unless Davis can't go.

• Agree 1

I dont know why people get all crazy about practice squad elevations.  Stills is about as solid of a depth receiver as a team could get.  If our starters can play then they play.  If one of them can't go then Stills is a solid option.  I say good job Beane.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1