Deshaun Watson prefers the Jets

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  Agree. 

But if you're Houston, wouldn't you prefer getting a bunch of high picks (plus Darnold) from someone like the Jets?  I mean, Stafford's already 33 and he's really nothing more than a good bridge QB at this point...

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Jets have nothing in their quiver and nothing on their shelf.  

Hardly...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

But if you're Houston, wouldn't you prefer getting a bunch of high picks (plus Darnold) from someone like the Jets?  I mean, Stafford's already 33 and he's really nothing more than a good bridge QB at this point...

Hardly...

Muchly.

It is either going to be an unheard of three number ones that they are asking or two number ones, multiple other GOOD picks and a little bit of current living beef in the league.  Not a turnover machine with potential, the number 2 and some stuff.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Muchly.

It is either going to be an unheard of three number ones that they are asking or two number ones, multiple other picks and a little bit of current living beef in the league.  Not a turnover machine with potential, the number 2 and some stuff.

The Jets have four first-round picks in the next two drafts.  They can certainly afford to send three of them to Houston for Watson.  If they trade both this year's ones and one next year, they still have three picks in the first three rounds this year and a full draft next year.  And yes, the price for Watson is likely to be three first round picks.  Jamal Adams commanded two first, as did Kalil Mack.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Jets have four first-round picks in the next two drafts.  They can certainly afford to send three of them to Houston for Watson.  If they trade both this year's ones and one next year, they still have three picks in the first three rounds this year and a full draft next year.  And yes, the price for Watson is likely to be three first round picks.  Jamal Adams commanded two first, as did Kalil Mack.  

Dude...they should pull the trigger then.  Did not know that and thank you.

I would do it, wouldn’t you?

I’m thinking yes.

edit: other than cap space not fun times for the Pats, huh.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Hardly...

Thing is , unless I'm mistaken, Jets don't have a bunch of high picks. Unless they offered future 1st round pick(s). They don't have nothing to offer as far as this draft though, far as I'm aware.

I said earlier that if this did happen and Texans are still stupid, even with new HC and GM, if they did try(unlikely IMO) I would think Miami would have the pics to do it more than any team I would think. With 2 firsts rd picks, or do they have 3? Either way, Texans would get their 1st rounder back with Fins 1st and possible 2022 1st. Hell maybe would also include Tua, depending on what the Texans think of him.

I feel like it will take that much, 3 1st round picks to get a franchise QB in Watson. That's if Texans are still dumb enough to move him. IMO if you're lucky enough to get a franchise QB, especially like Watson, you keep him at all cost. If he's unhappy, the new coach/GM needs to do whatever it takes to make him happy.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Thing is , unless I'm mistaken, Jets don't have a bunch of high picks. Unless they offered future 1st round pick(s). They don't have nothing to offer as far as this draft though, far as I'm aware.

They have two 1s this year and two 1s next year. You can thank the Seahawks for that.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I said earlier that if this did happen and Texans are still stupid, even with new HC and GM, if they did try(unlikely IMO) I would think Miami would have the pics to do it more than any team I would think. With 2 firsts rd picks, or do they have 3? Either way, Texans would get their 1st rounder back with Fins 1st and possible 2022 1st. Hell maybe would also include Tua, depending on what the Texans think of him.

I feel like it will take that much, 3 1st round picks to get a franchise QB in Watson. That's if Texans are still dumb enough to move him. IMO if you're lucky enough to get a franchise QB, especially like Watson, you keep him at all cost. If he's unhappy, the new coach/GM needs to do whatever it takes to make him happy.

See my post above.  The Jets have four first-round picks in the next two drafts; Two this year, two next year.  They could trade three of them for Watson and still have three day-2 picks this year and a full complement of picks next year.   

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have two 1s this year and two 1s next year. You can thank the Seahawks for that.

ah ok. I didn't know that. Well I guess they maybe do have the ammo. However I still don't think Texans do it though.

Just now, mannc said:

See my post above.  The Jets have four first-round picks in the next two drafts; Two this year, two next year.  They could trade three of them for Watson and still have three day-2 picks this year and a full complement of picks next year.   

Yes, I was just notified. I didn't know. I stand corrected.

Just now, mannc said:

I suppose in defense of John Schneider he only ever wastes his first round picks anyway so at least in Jamal Adams he knew he was getting a player who doesn't suck.

Honestly I have never known another GM like Schneider who is so awful in round 1 and then such a good drafter after that. It is bizarre.

ah ok. I didn't know that. Well I guess they maybe do have the ammo. However I still don't think Texans do it though.

I don't know, I think it would be a really good trade for both teams.  It's risky for Houston, yes, but the status quo is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I suppose in defense of John Schneider he only ever wastes his first round picks anyway so at least in Jamal Adams he knew he was getting a player who doesn't suck.

Honestly I have never known another GM like Schneider who is so awful in round 1 and then such a good drafter after that. It is bizarre.

Did you know the Jets also got the Seahawks' third round pick this year in that trade?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I did recall that. Was an absolutely crazy price for a safety, even one as good as Adams.

They still had a crappy defense, especially against the pass, even with Adams.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't know, I think it would be a really good trade for both teams.  It's risky for Houston, yes, but the status quo is unacceptable.

Did you know the Jets also got the Seahawks' third round pick this year in that trade?

I guess. There have been many surprises before. If the same knuckle heads were running the show I could definitely see it. One would hope that the new HC and GM would be a litter smarter.

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I guess. There have been many surprises before. If the same knuckle heads were running the show I could definitely see it. One would hope that the new HC and GM would be a litter smarter.

No telling how long it could take to come across another QB like Watson. Darnold would not be the answer. Unless he surprisingly improves dramatically with a new scenery. I doubt that. He may improve, but I don't see him improving to the point where they would feel comfortable enough to trade their top 3-5 some would say QB. He's definitely in the discussion though.

Most would likely put Watson at a top 3 QB I believe. Definitely top 5 I would think.

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

In your opinion, where would you rank Watson as far as one of the top QBs in the league? I would probably put him top 5, think he would definitely be no lower than 6th.

Where do you rank him? Just curious....

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

No telling how long it could take to come across another QB like Watson. Darnold would not be the answer. Unless he surprisingly improves dramatically with a new scenery. I doubt that. He may improve, but I don't see him improving to the point where they would feel comfortable enough to trade their top 3-5 some would say QB. He's definitely in the discussion though.

I agree.  It's a risk.  I also don't think Darnold is the answer, but some people still think pretty highly of him.  They could test drive him cheap for a year.  And they would also have picks to use if they like a QB in the draft.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I agree.  It's a risk.  I also don't think Darnold is the answer, but some people still think pretty highly of him.  They could test drive him cheap for a year.  And they would also have picks to use if they like a QB in the draft.  

Where would you rank Watson? Sorry for the repeated question, I edited my other post at the same time you responded to mine. So wasn't sure if you caught it or not.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Most would likely put Watson at a top 3 QB I believe. Definitely top 5 I would think.

In your opinion, where would you rank Watson as far as one of the top QBs in the league? I would probably put him top 5, think he would definitely be no lower than 6th.

Where do you rank him? Just curious....

I'd put him at number four, behind Allen, Mahomes and Rodgers.  I think he's surpassed Wilson.  If I'm starting from scratch, I'd rather have Watson than Rodgers.