Josh Allen's dad to miss AFC Championship Game as he recovers from covid and pneumonia 🙏 [Edit again]

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/josh-allens-dad-to-miss-afc-championship-game-as-he-recovers-from-covid-pneumonia/article_4cfd7ef6-5d91-11eb-aa86-437349971a0d.amp.html

Josh Allen's dad to miss AFC Championship Game as he recovers from Covid, pneumonia

Hope all goes well.  

Win this for your dad Josh 

• Sad 5

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/josh-allens-dad-to-miss-afc-championship-game-as-he-recovers-from-covid-pneumonia/article_4cfd7ef6-5d91-11eb-aa86-437349971a0d.amp.html

Josh Allen's dad to miss AFC Championship Game as he recovers from Covid, pneumonia

Hope all goes well.  

Win this for your dad Josh 

It looks like the original article amended its statement and removed coronavirus. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Glad he’s home. A co workers husband was In the hospital with similar issues for 10 days. Hopefully he’s out of the woods as well but definitely wouldn’t be able to attend the game. 

Wow, prayers for complete recovery for Joel Allen!

That has to have been hard on Josh, not to be able to be there to support his Mom and family through it.

In case anyone wants to read the LA Times article this link might work better than the one in the TBN article.  It does not mention covid-19, but does mention that Josh's dad was hospitalized last month with pneumonia.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Josh Allen's dad to miss AFC Championship Game as he recovers from pneumonia 🙏 [Edit: Covid no longer in article]
8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I know it's a very different situation, but would not be surprised if Allen goes out and plays lights out like Farve did that one year when his dad passed. Go get that W for your pops!

Or like when he lit up Seattle earlier this season after his grandmother passed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's your point? 

If I'm hospitalized, and someone asks why, I'm entitled to say "Nonya bizness" "Pneumonia" or "pneumonia complications of covid-19".

It's my call, not the LA Times.

What was your point?

They also still mention coronavirus.

35 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It looks like the original article amended its statement and removed coronavirus. 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People are entitled to medical privacy.

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, prayers for complete recovery for Joel Allen!

That has to have been hard on Josh, not to be able to be there to support his Mom and family through it.

In case anyone wants to read the LA Times article this link might work better than the one in the TBN article.  It does not mention covid-19, but does mention that Josh's dad was hospitalized last month with pneumonia.

I guess the BN and FB needs to be more specific. 
sorry and thanks for the clarification