How are you passing the time today?

Conlan58

An Open Letter to the TBD Community

I'm a lurker. There. I've confessed it.

I've been taking advantage of this community as a lurker for a couple of years, as the current incarnation of the Bills has grown into a legit SB contender. I've gained insight from you, I've lived vicariously through your in-stadium experiences, and I've enjoyed your (virtual) company... and I'm here today just to say thank you.

Thank you to all the regular fans for your everyday discussion. And I *do* mean every day. It's nice to be able to count on you for the latest news, or swift reaction to it. Strong takes, hot takes, whatever-it-takes takes.

And special thanks to the special contributors. @YoloinOhio for posting both instantly and thoughtfully. @Virgil and @Shaw66 for post-game reviews and analysis. @Hapless Bills Fan for both starting excellent threads -- the "Kubiak on Bills-Ravens" thread is just the most recent example -- and contributing your insight so very regularly to threads started by others. And lots of other regulars. (You know who you are.) You guys put a lot of WORK and CARE into your writing, and it shows. It's awesome!

And big thanks to the moderators, whose work is the very definition of "thankless job." Discussion boards don't moderate themselves, and without clear policies and effective moderation, TBD would not be the pleasant place it is today. @Hapless Bills Fan deserves a commendation here for his calm and patient work on this front, too.

And finally, I'd like to offer geeky thanks to the system administrator(s) who keep everything running behind the scenes. Websites don't host themselves and a discussion board like this requires careful configuration to make it fun for the participants to use. All of this takes work and, like moderation, it's all pretty much thankless. Except for today. THANK YOU, admins!

Even though I'm just a lurker, I enjoy the TBD community and I'm grateful to everyone who plays a role in it. As I'm writing this, the AFC Conference Championship game is just hours ahead. A certain calm has descended over most of us, with the knowledge that KC is as good an opponent as the league has to offer but also with the certainty that the Bills are every bit worthy of their shot. It'll be a long afternoon, waiting for a 6:40 kickoff, but I'm grateful to have you all to keep me company, keep me informed, and keep me entertained.

Thank you all. And GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m starting to get really nervous but don’t want to start drinking yet. Poured a nice glass of soothing red wine and listening to pre game on radio. Yes it’s technically drinking but ....

I am on my first 3 beer "aha" break of the day... 5 more to go!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jim in Rochester said:

An Open Letter to the TBD Community

I'm a lurker. There. I've confessed it.

I've been taking advantage of this community as a lurker for a couple of years, as the current incarnation of the Bills has grown into a legit SB contender. I've gained insight from you, I've lived vicariously through your in-stadium experiences, and I've enjoyed your (virtual) company... and I'm here today just to say thank you.

Thank you to all the regular fans for your everyday discussion. And I *do* mean every day. It's nice to be able to count on you for the latest news, or swift reaction to it. Strong takes, hot takes, whatever-it-takes takes.

And special thanks to the special contributors. @YoloinOhio for posting both instantly and thoughtfully. @Virgil and @Shaw66 for post-game reviews and analysis. @Hapless Bills Fan for both starting excellent threads -- the "Kubiak on Bills-Ravens" thread is just the most recent example -- and contributing your insight so very regularly to threads started by others. And lots of other regulars. (You know who you are.) You guys put a lot of WORK and CARE into your writing, and it shows. It's awesome!

And big thanks to the moderators, whose work is the very definition of "thankless job." Discussion boards don't moderate themselves, and without clear policies and effective moderation, TBD would not be the pleasant place it is today. @Hapless Bills Fan deserves a commendation here for his calm and patient work on this front, too.

And finally, I'd like to offer geeky thanks to the system administrator(s) who keep everything running behind the scenes. Websites don't host themselves and a discussion board like this requires careful configuration to make it fun for the participants to use. All of this takes work and, like moderation, it's all pretty much thankless. Except for today. THANK YOU, admins!

Even though I'm just a lurker, I enjoy the TBD community and I'm grateful to everyone who plays a role in it. As I'm writing this, the AFC Conference Championship game is just hours ahead. A certain calm has descended over most of us, with the knowledge that KC is as good an opponent as the league has to offer but also with the certainty that the Bills are every bit worthy of their shot. It'll be a long afternoon, waiting for a 6:40 kickoff, but I'm grateful to have you all to keep me company, keep me informed, and keep me entertained.

Thank you all. And GO BILLS!

Hey, Jim, thanks for this.   

When I first discovered Bills fan forums 15 years ago, I was thrilled, for exactly the reason you were:  They are a place, in the best case, where a Bills fan can go and find all the news about the team and some meaningful discussion about what that news means.   There's always some less meaningful stuff to wade through, but so long as the ratio of the two isn't out of whack, it's the best news source around. 

That's what TBD is.   If something is happening with the Bills, it will be posted here.   I come here every day to see if anything is happening, and if it's something I care about, I'm here to talk about it.   

Thanks for taking the time to share your appreciation.   I share it, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

Church earlier today.

Now monitoring what is going on with my son and daughter-in-law as I wait for my first grandchild to be born .. was due last Saturday (so any time now) .. and sitting with my other son who had never seen the Bills win a play-off game until this year.

Life  is good

• Like (+1) 1