How are you passing the time today?

Conlan58

Very busy day for wife chores.

First I need to take to hospital for her first COVID shot.

School personnel are one of the first waves to get in in Virginia. 

Next she is has a new car available at dealer to test drive; we have a deposit on it necessary to have vehicle transferred which is refundable.

Dealers always seem more cooperative when you are buying it and every question now is answered with "See you on Sunday".

If it is not what we expected we will need to go new car hunt again 

Going to get a Covid test soon, then onto Staples and Home Depot for some parts for work tomorrow.  Debating whether to just pick up a pizza while I'm out or waiting and get delivery at the same time as a few hundred other people later. 

As if a game like this doesn't already put your nerves on frazzled, I've got a 39 weeks pregnant wife over here. We've been joking all week that our little man is gonna decide to begin his escape from the womb right at 6:40p tonight, haha. She asked what would we do if that happened and I said, "Keys are on the counter, good luck!" Haha. It doesn't seem too likely that'll be the case though so that's why we're headed to the hospital tomorrow afternoon to be induced. I swear, I've felt more nerves over this friggin' game than the impending arrival of my kid haha. 

So today we'll be finishing up organizing the nursery, get the car seat all set up, watch the NFC Championship game, make sure our go-bag is prepped (still gotta run out and get some snacks, suggestions welcome!) and then try to settle down and watch our Bills. I feel like I should be with family somewhere, probably my one aunt and uncle with the 90" TV in their sweet heated garage, all standing around and pacing and hootin' and hollerin'. Stupid rona. If you've found a safe and healthy way to be around family and friends today, enjoy it!!

I've had a hard time all week figuring out how to feel about this game lol. I didn't feel great about the Indy game. A few times I thought, "They could surprise them and pull off the upset, they're not a bad team." That one was an anxiety-fest all through the 4th quarter. Against Baltimore there was a point in the game where I said to myself "I think they got this." I never wanna make an outright pick befause, ya know, we all have our little game rituals and superstitions, but with this game I really feel like it could go either way but all week long my gut instinct can't help but lean Bills. 

Gah! I can't take it no mo'! Let's go Buffaloooooooooooooooo!!!

Edited by blacklabel
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m playing some shooting games with my boys “Destiny 2 and COD” and then my focus will be on the Bills. Ordering wings and drinking beer before the game starts.

I'm on destiny 2 daily, and with my gamertag being "Bills_Mafia80"   I get random messages saying go bills all the time!

Having as much trouble as anyone passing the time today (still 6+ hours to go!!!). But, I'm thinking about all the things I'm NOT doing, that would usually be happening on this day.

- I'm not trying to figure out which team left in the hunt I dislike the least and will thus kind of half-heartedly root for

- I'm not having to root against the Pats

- I'm not thinking about mock drafts

- I'm not wishing/wondering for another head coach

Today is a great day in many ways!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1