Josh McCown for HC possibly in Houston

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If McCown gets this job over Bienemy something is seriously wrong. Eric is the playcaller for a juggernaut team and McCown never coached in the NFL. Houston fans should March in protest if McNair thumbs his nose at a great fanbase.

You seem to love the “EB is a suffering face of minority coaches who are being screwed” narrative that the media is all over these days- but you should be sure to get the basics right. He doesn’t call plays. That’s done by a little known guy named Andy Reid. You can look him up in canton in a few years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If McCown gets this job over Bienemy something is seriously wrong. Eric is the playcaller for a juggernaut team and McCown never coached in the NFL. Houston fans should March in protest if McNair thumbs his nose at a great fanbase.

Someone posted this link a couple of weeks, maybe this is the reason these teams haven’t hired him? On the football field his resume speaks for itself, one of the top young coordinators. I was reading on the Houston boards and it looks like his past might be a concern.  Who knows, very strange.... 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/concerns_emerging_about_eric_bieniemy_as_a_head_coach/s1_12680_33661019

You must be joking...and that reporter must be joking...how does being a backup QB qualify him to lead the entire team and on top of that have to deal with a myriad of off field issues that come up as well?

What a dumpster fire.

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You seem to love the “EB is a suffering face of minority coaches who are being screwed” narrative that the media is all over these days- but you should be sure to get the basics right. He doesn’t call plays. That’s done by a little known guy named Andy Reid. You can look him up in canton in a few years. 

He may not call the plays, my mistake, but he certainly has a big role in putting together the game plan for an iconic offense and is well respected by the premier QB in football. What has McCown done beside being pedestrian for his career?

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Someone posted this link a couple of weeks, maybe this is the reason these teams haven’t hired him? On the football field his resume speaks for itself, one of the top young coordinators. I was reading on the Houston boards and it looks like his past might be a concern.  Who knows, very strange.... 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/concerns_emerging_about_eric_bieniemy_as_a_head_coach/s1_12680_33661019

I'm hearing from reluctant NFL insiders, that his interviews are less than stellar. Head coach demand more than OC but he still deserves a shot over the likes of McCown. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

He may not call the plays, my mistake, but he certainly has a big role in putting together the game plan for an iconic offense and is well respected by the premier QB in football. What has McCown done beside being pedestrian for his career?

I'm hearing from reluctant NFL insiders, that his interviews are less than stellar. Head coach demand more than OC but he still deserves a shot over the likes of McCown. 

The more I read and research about his off field troubles and arrests this has to be the reason teams are not hiring him... I had no idea about his past and it doesn’t look good. Out of curiosity is there any other head coach in the NFL (basically a CEO of a major Corp) with a similar history? 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

The more I read and research about his off field troubles and arrests this has to be the reason teams are not hiring him... I had no idea about his past and it doesn’t look good. Out of curiosity is there any other head coach in the NFL (basically a CEO of a major Corp) with a similar history? 

Haven't heard this, but if true it's troubling , when selecting the face of your franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Haven't heard this, but if true it's troubling , when selecting the face of your franchise. 

Yeah I agree troubling and disappointing. I thought he was going to get a job. Also disappointing none of the talking heads on ESPN, FOX SPORTS, NFL NETWORK, NBC SPORTS,  ECT. even mention anything regarding this. It’s all swept under the rug. Very disappointing.

41 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Again- under the overwatch of a hall of fame offensive genius. It’s on EB to demonstrate that he is more than a tag-along. So far, multiple teams have decided he isn’t as impressive as the media hype. Including the Jets, who hired a different black guy. The EB love and putting him as the poster child of this issue is stupid because it completely ignores the possibility that EB might just not be as good a candidate as everyone seems to believe. 

Furthermore, there is no magic recipe for what makes a great HC. It’s assuming unknown information to say McCown is less qualified than EB because there is no list of qualifications for being an NFL HC. Resume’s do not define people and leaders. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, wppete said:

i dont think it’s one thing, honestly. It rarely is with stuff like this... it may be a combination of his not calling plays/designing the offense. It may be the off field issues. It may be that he interviews poorly. It may be that the hype around his isn’t equal to his value as a candidate. 

It may also be something entirely different....  

But the narrative is now that it’s racism. EB doesn’t have a head coaching job because owners are racist. It can’t possibly be his fault at all. It’s because of racism. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Again- under the overwatch of a hall of fame offensive genius. It’s on EB to demonstrate that he is more than a tag-along. So far, multiple teams have decided he isn’t as impressive as the media hype. Including the Jets, who hired a different black guy. The EB love and putting him as the poster child of this issue is stupid because it completely ignores the possibility that EB might just not be as good a candidate as everyone seems to believe. 

Furthermore, there is no magic recipe for what makes a great HC. It’s assuming unknown information to say McCown is less qualified than EB because there is no list of qualifications for being an NFL HC. Resume’s do not define people and leaders. 

All these teams that passed on him have dysfunctional resumes themselves. I'm not sold on EB, I just see the advantage in a scenario where 70%of the crew is black and the guy is endorsed by your star QB and the top rated QB in football, over a journeyman, unspectacular white QB with no coaching experience. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

All these teams that passed on him have dysfunctional resumes themselves. I'm not sold on EB, I just see the advantage in a scenario where 70%of the crew is black and the guy is endorsed by your star QB and the top rated QB in football, over a journeyman, unspectacular white QB with no coaching experience. 

The fact that you have to emphasize the race of either candidate is a fatal flaw. Hire the best person for the job. It’s not hard. If that’s EB, so be it. But don’t assume it isn’t Josh McCown because he doesn’t have coaching experience. Again- there is no “minimum qualifications” section on a nfl HC job posting. This isn’t Indeed or Monster.

• Agree 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

The fact that you have to emphasize the race of either candidate is a fatal flaw. Hire the best person for the job. It’s not hard. If that’s EB, so be it. But don’t assume it isn’t Josh McCown because he doesn’t have coaching experience. Again- there is no “minimum qualifications” section on a nfl HC job posting. This isn’t Indeed or Monster.

I understand your argument about choosing a candidate by virtue of race is flawed, but in the context of the Texans job and McCown, why disrespect your top 5, star QB, who wanted EB, for an unproven, inexperienced explayer..Sorry, there is a learning curve with successful coaches. Name a successful coach who has never coached as a position coach, coordinator or college coach. 

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

I understand your argument about choosing a candidate by virtue of race is flawed, but in the context of the Texans job and McCown, why disrespect your top 5, star QB, who wanted EB, for an unproven, inexperienced explayer..Sorry, there is a learning curve with successful coaches. Name a successful coach who has never coached as a position coach, coordinator or college coach. 

It’s almost a certainty they don’t hire Josh McCowan as a HC. It would complete insanity if they did. However the if they dont hire EB the “racism” narrative will be pushed by the media and disingenuous people.... it’s the NFL and merit should be the only criteria hiring of a coach... EB history And arrests are very troubling and can’t see any Responsible business overlooking that. 

8 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I can’t name any coach whose ever gone from player to HC with nothing in between and I agree it seems risky. But on the other hand, I can name 5000 failed HC’s who worked their way up through the system and had the perfect resume. It’s all a matter of perspective. 

As for Desauns desire for EB- They can’t hire someone just for the sake of what the QB wants. He’s either right or he’s not.

Dont get me wrong- I’m not defending the Texans decision making process. They’re seemingly led by idiots. I just hate the narrative that the only reason EB is getting passed over time and again is cause of his melanin count. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can’t name any coach whose ever gone from player to HC with nothing in between and I agree it seems risky. But on the other hand, I can name 5000 failed HC’s who worked their way up through the system and had the perfect resume. It’s all a matter of perspective. 

As for Desauns desire for EB- They can’t hire someone just for the sake of what the QB wants. He’s either right or he’s not.

Dont get me wrong- I’m not defending the Texans decision making process. They’re seemingly led by idiots. I just hate the narrative that the only reason EB is getting passed over time and again is cause of his melanin count. 

I can't disagree. 

• Like (+1) 2