Josh McCown for HC possibly in Houston

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

How in anyones mind they would take a retired backup QB with zero coaching experience over Frazier by way of example is beyond me.

Maybe Frazier looked at the situation he'd be walking into, looked at the situation he was in, and said thanks but no thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If another NFL team hires another unqualified white candidate to be their HC, it will not - and should not - go ever well, at all.

Couldn't agree more, but why stop there.

Why are they all men? All these unsuccessful and unqualified men just lose games- It's 2021 people, women can coach as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have heard people say he will make a good coach and if you watched the Eagles all or nothing he was basically coaching Carson Wentz in 2019..... well I mean he was telling him to complete passes.... which for Wentz is a struggle. 

But to go from player to Head Coach with no intermediate steps? Madness.

Maybe they want him to be qb coach but are calling it an HC interview

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, MrSarcasm said:

Couldn't agree more, but why stop there.

Why are they all men? All these unsuccessful and unqualified men just lose games- It's 2021 people, women can coach as well.

Progress is finally being made there, albeit slowly.  It has to start at the college level, too, IMO.  I don't follow college football, but I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of black HCs across the DI powerhouse schools is low.

Today, alone - we've seen the Ravens hire ROB RYAN as a position coach and the Texans talking about hiring a candidate with literally zero days of coaching experience as their HEAD COACH.

Skin color aside ---- you're telling me that either one of those people are the best person for those jobs????  Come the ***** on.

It's a problem.

Just now, Gugny said:

Progress is finally being made there, albeit slowly.  It has to start at the college level, too, IMO.  I don't follow college football, but I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of black HCs across the DI powerhouse schools is low.

Today, alone - we've seen the Ravens hire ROB RYAN as a position coach and the Texans talking about hiring a candidate with literally zero days of coaching experience as their HEAD COACH.

Skin color aside ---- you're telling me that either one of those people are the best person for those jobs????  Come the ***** on.

It's a problem.

Absolutely, why does it always have to start at the bottom first(highschool-College-pro) Why can't the NFL just hire a woman as the head coach.? Ridiculous!

normally i'd say this is insane, but mccown is known as being one of the best qb's in terms of knowing the game, and has over shot his talent by miles.

my assumption is that watson likes him and would stay if he's corch, which would make a ton of sense.  if watson doesn't like it, or doesn't care and won't stay anyhow, then it makes me wonder if they can't get anyone else to sign, or they have just lost their minds.

if he's a passing game and qb guru, and they get a vet former HC on staff for DC (frazier would be ideal, good thing he's already a senior DC on a much better team!) and a solid guy for OC, and watson stays because of it, it's a good idea.

put another way, if hiring this guy kept watson, if im the texans i do it.

29 minutes ago, colin said:

normally i'd say this is insane, but mccown is known as being one of the best qb's in terms of knowing the game, and has over shot his talent by miles.

my assumption is that watson likes him and would stay if he's corch, which would make a ton of sense.  if watson doesn't like it, or doesn't care and won't stay anyhow, then it makes me wonder if they can't get anyone else to sign, or they have just lost their minds.

if he's a passing game and qb guru, and they get a vet former HC on staff for DC (frazier would be ideal, good thing he's already a senior DC on a much better team!) and a solid guy for OC, and watson stays because of it, it's a good idea.

put another way, if hiring this guy kept watson, if im the texans i do it.

If he's a passing game guru, you make him the OC at best. More likely something like passing game coordinator.

Byron Leftwich is an ex NFL QB with actual coaching experience coaching an NFL offense right now in the NFC Championship game. But let's give Josh McCown a call because reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If he's a passing game guru, you make him the OC at best. More likely something like passing game coordinator.

Byron Leftwich is an ex NFL QB with actual coaching experience coaching an NFL offense right now in the NFC Championship game. But let's give Josh McCown a call because reasons.

So McCown is on the roster they are not calling him at random. But otherwise I agree with every word you say.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It's like they're competing with the Jets decision to hire Gase for worst HC decision.

So you hired a HC who just failed at doing exactly that somewhere else then how about we hire one that hasn't coached at all.

Apparently an early entry for the NFL's "Here, hold my beer" award.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Heads will explode in the media and the talking heads on ESPN, Fox Sports and NFL Network if Eric Bienamy doesn’t get hired 😂 🍿....  Josh McCowan as a HC is crazy with zero experience... 😂

Edited by wppete