NFL Films Steve Tasker - nothing really new but I thought it was well done.

Speaking of reminiscing, NFLN is playing the ‘93 AFC championship game against the Chiefs.  Thurman had a game for the ages and watching that team, so many things came back to me, the sweetest being what it was like to watch them play and how great it made me feel.  It was really something special.  As, Steve Tasker said in that segment, I wouldn’t trade it in for one win.

• Like (+1) 2

We have a friend that played rugby at Northwestern when Tasker was there. He said the first time Tasker showed up for rugby they found out in about 10 seconds that he was such a superior athlete compared to the rest of them, like he was playing a totally different game than they were. 

Very cool watching those highlights, I remember most of those plays, especially the hit on the punt of the Rams guy, I remember being at that game in particular.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I have a hard time separating my feelings about Steve as a player and Steve as a broadcaster. You had to live through it to understand how good he was on coverage special teams. It was ridiculous. 

I loved Tasker as a player and I really don't mind him so much in his media role with the Bills now. Like a number of the great players from the last great Buffalo Bills era, he loves this town and he loves this team. Something cool about.

By the way Charlie Romes, I'm still upset with you for dropping that Dan Fouts pass that would have ended the game and kept our Bills alive for another week in the playoffs during the 1980-1981 season...:beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tasker was interning on Monday mornings on AM Buffalo to get experience for his post-playing career. It was the day after he blocked the AZ Cardinals punt shown in the clip. They were talking to him about the punt he blocked and he  says " Want to see it?"  He pulls up his shirt and suit sleeves and  the laces were still imprinted plain as day on his forearm.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2

Tasker was a very special player on our team.  How Marv knew that Tasker would  be as successful as he was is mind boggling.

Everyone's eyes were on him each and every time he was on the field.   What's crazy is that he made big plays over and over despite teams game planning to neutralize him. 

One could argue that no other player has made such a profound impact on special teams since Tasker hung up his cleats. 

I hate reading all the negative comments about his commentary,  but I guess everyone is entitled their opinion.

He is Bill's legend.  I  certainly hope that he is inducted into the HOF.

Every time my younger co-workers ask me about the Super Bowl years I always tell them how awesome we were when we had Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, Biscuit, and Steve Tasker.  7x 1st team all-pro. If any special teamer gets in, it should be him.

Edited by Amaru523