Daniel Jeremiah's 1st Mock has Bills going with UCF CB

MAJBobby

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Aaron Robinson · CB

School: UCF | Year: Senior (RS)

The Bills have built a very complete roster. They could easily trade out of the first round and collect some extra picks. Robinson is a tall, rangy cornerback prospect with the ability to play in the slot or outside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting.  Thats the highest I've seen Aaron Robinson listed.    Draftnetwork has him around 139, or a 4th round prospect.  However, Jeremiah has real NFL Scouting experience so.

Joe Marino's Scouting Report

PROS: Has quick feet and excels when he has chances to drive forward on the football and showcase his click and close ability. Willing participant in the run game although his tackling results are inconsistent. Processes quick game rapidly and triggers. Experienced working from the slot where his game translates best to the next level. Alabama transfer. 

CONS: Battles through some tightness in his hips when turning and running and it opens the door for receivers to stack and create separation. Appears unsure with zone coverage, often drifting and tardy to pick up receivers to his area. Takes the cheese on false keys and vacates space he’s accountable for. A tick late to locate and adjust to the football. Narrow frame takes the worst of tackle attempts and he often whiffs. Gets hung on blocks too frequently, especially when dealing with slot receivers. Not disruptive in press coverage, often failing to get his hands on receivers and there are balance issues. 

Edited by thenorthremembers

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.  I also agree with @MAJBobby that the Bills could trade out of the 1st round to acquire more picks depending on who is on their board.  

I could see them trading out too. Beane is too smart to draft a CB in the first unless his name is Caleb Farley. This draft is loaded with CBs and can grab some depth later. I’d rather see them go DL in the 1st. Get younger and more powerful. At 30-32, I’d like Carlos Basham, Zaven Collins, Daviyon Nixon

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I could see them trading out too. Beane is too smart to draft a CB in the first unless his name is Caleb Farley. This draft is loaded with CBs and can grab some depth later. I’d rather see them go DL in the 1st. Get younger and more powerful. At 30-32, I’d like Carlos Basham, Zaven Collins, Daviyon Nixon

We will be in the location where teams love to come up to in order to grab a QB that didn’t get one earlier so they can get that 5th year option on the QB. 

15 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.  I also agree with @MAJBobby that the Bills could trade out of the 1st round to acquire more picks depending on who is on their board.  

Yep Most value for were we are picking is 5th year option. That is the area teams love coming up to in order to get their QB on a 5th year option if they passed earlier because value wasn’t right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

To wit:  BPA, as long as he is from the University of Alabama!  Roll Tide!

🙄

The term BPA comes more into play the later a team picks imo.  I don't think that the Bills have any glaring needs. Do you? This obviously puts them in a great position to make the BPA a real possibility. Of course, cap and other needs will have to be at least considered.

I don't watch enough college (other than every Alabama game) to be able to rate many players from other teams. The Tide has lots of very talented players coming out this year. Many will be gone before we draft, but I have my eye on one particular player who could very well drop to us and imo help us in a few ways. I want to write up a post about their draft class but it will take me a couple of days. 

PS: The non Alabama, non qb who impressed me the most was Kyle Pitts of Fla, but I think he will be gone in the top 10 (very uncommon for a TE), and 6 or 7 wouldn't surprise me. That kid is great imo. He reminds me of Kellen Winslow Sr. Could you imagine that kid with Josh throwing to him?

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The term BPA comes more into play the later a team picks imo.  I don't think that the Bills have any glaring needs. Do you? This obviously puts them in a great position to make the BPA a real possibility. Of course, cap and other needs will have to be at least considered.

I don't watch enough college (other than every Alabama game) to be able to rate many players from other teams. The Tide has lots of very talented players coming out this year. Many will be gone before we draft, but I have my eye on one particular player who could very well drop to us and imo help us in a few ways. I want to write up a post about their draft class but it will take me a couple of days. 

PS: The non Alabama, non qb who impressed me the most was Kyle Pitts of Fla, but I think he will be gone in the top 10 (very uncommon for a TE), and 6 or 7 wouldn't surprise me. That kid is great imo. He reminds me of Kellen Winslow Sr. Could you imagine that kid with Josh throwing to him?

I thought I'd watched most of the consensus top corners and then DJ, in typical DJ fashion, mocks a first round corner who was not even on my radar to us! Corner is in play at #30 in my view but I don't think it is the greatest corner class. Surtain and Farley will be long gone, Jaycee Horn is a specific scheme fit and I don't see it in Buffalo, then you get down to a cluster of guys that seem very jumbled. I actually have Greg Newsome out of Northwestern as my #4 corner at the moment with a high 2nd round grade but I have seen others say they wouldn't take him before round 3. 

I'd still rather go edge or OL but again when you are at #30 you have to be willing to take a guy who falls to you as clear BPA at practically any position. If there is a guy you have a top 15 grade on who is still on the board you pick him. Even if he is a wide receiver or a middle linebacker where you might otherwise say the Bills are pretty set. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Serious question...

If the whole COVID unit gets tickets, will they be able to do to the super bowl?

I wondered this. The cynic in me is saying that these guys getting free tickets is because they all come with the benefit of having been given the vaccine. Thus they can pad the attendance but not turn the event into a super spreader. Cunning.

OT. I like to see names that aren't concensus pop up, they are supposed to be thought provoking rather than predictive exercises. However this seems like overdrafting for need.

Edited by Seoulofstone

On 1/22/2021 at 2:19 PM, MAJBobby said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Aaron Robinson · CB

School: UCF | Year: Senior (RS)

The Bills have built a very complete roster. They could easily trade out of the first round and collect some extra picks. Robinson is a tall, rangy cornerback prospect with the ability to play in the slot or outside. 

We do have a complete roster so it would make more sense to trade up (not down) to get a difference maker type player. 

Someone like DT Barmore from Alabama or WR Toney from Florida. 

Those are two difference makers that can really help and could probably be had in the late teens or early 20s

Just my worthless 2 cents. 

Edited by bobobonators

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.