Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Chiefs fans on their site are already taking offense to this thread. They think it means we are afraid of Mahomes. They think the game is a done deal. I have never seen a less humble fan base. FFS you were bad for a long time, almost as long as us with some one and done playoff berths sprinkled in.

Have some humility chiefs fans.

They can go ***** themselves.

• Agree 1

He got that special Patrick Protocol. This is the least surprising news of the day. They'd have wheeled him out there with a neckbrace on and told us it was the safety wave of the future if they had to. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

He's not even close to 100%.  Buffalo needs to send the heat early and often and knock him around like a pinball.  Force him to move on that toe, and think fast with that concussion.  I'm not sure he can do either well right now.

Agree but they need to get creative.  Can't leave predictable holes in the secondary for Kelsey to exploit.  

Has he cleared the toe protocol? The Bills have to play their most physical game of the year. Edwards-Helaire and Mahomes must be hit with bad intentions every opportunity. Take Hill away and stop the Jetsweeps and gadget plays and the Bills can dominate. KCs defense is beatable. Whatever happens, I love this team and we will be right there for 10 big ones.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

He got that special Patrick Protocol. This is the least surprising news of the day. They'd have wheeled him out there with a neckbrace on and told us it was the safety wave of the future if they had to. 

Exactly...at least the Bill's knew what team and qb they could prepare for unlike week 6. Now let's hope for decent weather and let's get after them.

I think we should not overemphasize this situation. It's really a meaningless distraction to make such a big deal about it. I sure hope the Bills coaches & players are not spending time speculating about this. They need to play their game. 

8 hours ago, davspo said:

Good.  Now we have the opportunity to win fair and square.  I wouldn't want it any other way. 

Any game played is “ fair and square” , injures are part of the game.  Does this mean we will be hearing from our fans if Davis doesn’t play, or if Beasley is hurt , or if smoke reinjures the knee , or the fact that moss is totally out that the game was not fair and square ?  Do you think you ll hear one Chief fan make excuses for a win because the Bills didn’t have moss, or Davis ?  Hardly. Plus don’t kid yourself or be naive that  the Bills will avoid trying to test the turf toe or hit mahomes any chance they get just to see if perhaps they can get him out of the game. Man , that’s what the game of football is. Have the giants ever apologized because hostetler beat us in SB 25 , because it wasn’t fair and square to play without Sims?   All this self  righteousness by Bills fans is laughable and foolishness. Same fans have complained how the BILLS don’t get CREDIT  for having the roughest road compared to the remaining teams,  now want fairness by having Mahomes play.   Maybe we should postpone the game until his turf toe is gone so things will fair, it’s the same argument.  

Look , injuries and how you deal and plan for them are part of the process and this teams that overcome them move on and If they lose there is no asterisk in the record book!  Just like there is No GOLD STAR added because you beat a team with all their starters!  Will,you feel better if we lose because Mahomes threw 4 td passes or if he missed the game and we went on to the super bowl and actually brought the Lombardy home finally?  Their rb CEH, who killed us the first game is not 100%, so if we win I don’t think it would be “ fair” for you to enjoy the win or celebrate at the airport or go to Sb 55!   Bills fans kill me, after 25 years of lousy teams , no playoff wins , now we are SO GOOD , SO MORALLY SUPERIOR, WE NEED TO QUALIFY OUR WINS by making sure the other team had their best chance to beat us!  

I don’t care if half their team misses the game because they got some bad chicken and had diarrhea all,day; I will celebrate a win because that’s how it works in the NFL. You play who is out there.  Hey did Kc qualify the week 6 win with all the covid rescheduling , our LB crew decimated by injuries , Josh playing with an injured shoulder, Wallace out with an injury?  Is here an Asterisk in record book noting all that ,,,,,, or have we heard all week on every show how the Chiefs ran all over us and almost every so called expert smirking when asked how can the Bills make this competitive?    Yeah , almost none give us a shot to win but our main concern is let’s be sure the Chefs have a fair shot and they are at their best despite our own players dealing with injuries or recovering from ankle surgery!  Hey, it’s ok if we lose as long as it was fair and mahomes gets a second shot another SB win!  

Screw thAt !  Where the heck can I find the phone number of the guy who took out Nancy Kerrigan?  Hmm,  Mahooley........😊😂😜. Man I just want us to win, we can worry about fairness and quality of win during our second run!    Just remember that old saying ,,,,,been around forever for a reason ,,,BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!    Go BILLS , SCREW EVERYBODY ELSE , ESPECIALLY THE CHIEFS ! 

Edited by DrPJax

3 hours ago, transient said:

Shhhhhh. No one likes their self righteous outrage peed on by facts.

Josh didn’t look like a drunken sailor trying to stand up. There are different degrees of how bad a concussion is. Both my daughters had one playing soccer, took 5 and 6 weeks to clear a Dr’s review from baseline testing. The NFL protocol is a joke...

This great news, to be the best you must beat the best......... beating the Pats without Tom Brady was hollow... Beating KC without Mahomes would just leave doubt.

6 hours ago, davspo said:

Good.  Now we have the opportunity to win fair and square.  I wouldn't want it any other way. 

This how i feel

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Any game played is “ fair and square” , injures are part of the game.  Does this mean we will be hearing from our fans if Davis doesn’t play, or if Beasley is hurt , or if smoke reinjures the knee , or the fact that moss is totally out that the game was not fair and square ?  Do you think you ll hear one Chief fan make excuses for a win because the Bills didn’t have moss, or Davis ?  Hardly. Plus don’t kid yourself or be naive that  the Bills will avoid trying to test the turf toe or hit mahomes any chance they get just to see if perhaps they can get him out of the game. Man , that’s what the game of football is. Have the giants ever apologized because hostetler beat us in SB 25 , because it wasn’t fair and square to play without Sims?   All this self  righteousness by Bills fans is laughable and foolishness. Same fans have complained how the BILLS don’t get CREDIT  for having the roughest road compared to the remaining teams,  now want fairness by having Mahomes play.   Maybe we should postpone the game until his turf toe is gone so things will fair, it’s the same argument.  

Look , injuries and how you deal and plan for them are part of the process and this teams that overcome them move on and I lose there is no asterisk in the record book, just like there is No GOLD STAR added because you beat a team with all their starters!  Will,you feel better if we lose because Mahomes threw 4 td passes or if he missed the game and we went on to the super bowl and actually brought the Lombardy home finally?  Their rb CEH, who killed us the first game is not 100%, so if we win I don’t think it would be “ fair” for you to enjoy a win or celebrate at the airport or go to Sb 55!   Bills fans kill me, after 25 years of lousy teams , no playoff wins , now we are SO GOOD , SO MORALLY SUPERIOR, WE NEED TO QUALIFY OUR WINS by making sure the other team had their best chance to beat us!  

I don’t care if half their team misses the game because they got some bad chicken and had diarrhea all,day; I will celebrate a win because that’s how it works in the NFL. You play who is out there.  Hey did Kc qualify the week 6 win with all the covid rescheduling , our LB crew decimated by injuries , Josh playing with an injured shoulder, Wallace out with an injury?  Is here an Asterisk in record book noting all that ,,,,,, or have we heard all week on every show how the Chiefs ran all over us and almost every so called expert smirking when asked how can the Bills make this competitive?    Yeah , almost none give us a shot to win but our main concern is let’s be sure the Chefs have a fair shot and they are at their best despite our own players dealing with injuries or recovering from ankle surgery!  Hey, it’s ok if we lose as long as it was fair and mahomes gets a second shot another SB win!  Screw thAt !  Where the heck can I find the phone number of the guy who took out Nancy Kerrigan?  Hmm,  Mahooley........😊😂😜. Man I just want us to win, we can worry about fairness and quality of win during our second run!    Just remember that old saying ,,,,,been around forever for a reason ,,,BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!    Go BILLS , SCREW EVERYBODY ELSE , ESPECIALLY THE CHIEFS !