Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol

17 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Chiefs fans on their site are already taking offense to this thread. They think it means we are afraid of Mahomes. They think the game is a done deal. I have never seen a less humble fan base. FFS you were bad for a long time, almost as long as us with some one and done playoff berths sprinkled in.

Have some humility chiefs fans.

Bless their little hearts...

• Haha (+1) 2

“They think it means we are afraid of Mahomes”. Lmao. That couldn’t be further from the truth. We’re not scared of playing against Mahomes. We want to play against the best and beat the best. We don’t need a handicap to win. 

Chiefs fans are on cloud nine and are cocky as hell. I don’t blame them for feeling that way, they’re the defending champs with only 1 loss on the season, but don’t you dare think this is a guaranteed victory, our team has mad game too.

Oh, and another thing Chiefs fans, just because your Chiefs beat us in week 6 doesn’t mean the same thing will happen in the AFC Championship game, each game is different. Let’s do this. 

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear what you are saying. Do we not at some point need to allow the doctors and medical research have a say? I believe the NFL has caught up with doing the best it can to protect the players. There is and always will be some level of risk playing football. I believe The NFL learned its lesson and will continue to keep player safety involved in all discussions. 

I have to admit that I have a serious animus when it comes to concussions.  I spent 10 years working to improve safety in an amateur sport in the US.  Concussions were one of our biggest problems.  I've read concussion studies that would scare the living crap out of you, but I couldn't even get the NGB to agree to baseline testing.  Bottom line is that no one cares about safety because it doesn't add to the bottom line.  Yes, I have issues when it comes to concussions in sport.

• Like (+1) 2

Was it Peyton that admitted to throwing the baseline tests off by playing dumb, after retirement? You think that qbs aren't all well aware of this move? Or that nobody on staff would bounce that idea off someone like Mahomes for use in this EXACT scenario? Billion dollar industry and fans want to act like this kind of "cheating" is preposterous... lol grow up

Mahomes being in concussion protocol all week actually worked to Chiefs advantage this week since he didn't have to go through any heavy running and he could stay off that bad toe as much as possible.  Also, all the focus on the concussion allows them to downplay the toe.  Had he not been concussed, the toe would have been the headline all week.  The Bills will be testing the toe early and often.

Derek Watt was knocked out on Monday Night Football in December with a concussion against the Bengals and he returned in time for the following game against the Colts.

I believe that Mahomes playing will benefit the Bills. If Henne starts the narrative changes and there is potential that we mentally feel under less pressure and sloppiness and penalties creep in, plus Kansas City would be in "let's do this for Patrick" mode raising their game.

I wish that our wide receivers are all ready to play on Sunday as well.

The two best teams are squaring off in the AFC. Should be a great game - I have faith in our players, coaches and fans.  We can beat KC fair and square.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.aa301031be843438cc08c78f349f9c64.png

Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol ahead of Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, the quarterback told the media on Friday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-says-he-s-out-of-concussion-protocol

Yes!!!

As much as I would love and cherish a SB , I believe we are better than KC and am curious to see how we handle them . If Henne started , it'd be an off season filled with "what ifs" regarding Mahomes.  

This D and coaching staff seems so dialed in , I believe they hold them to under 25 .

Bills defeat Chiefs and advance to play the Brady led Bucs in the SUPER BOWL!!

Go Bills

9 minutes ago, quincy said:

Derek Watt was knocked out on Monday Night Football in December with a concussion against the Bengals and he returned in time for the following game against the Colts.

I believe that Mahomes playing will benefit the Bills. If Henne starts the narrative changes and there is potential that we mentally feel under less pressure and sloppiness and penalties creep in, plus Kansas City would be in "let's do this for Patrick" mode raising their game.

I wish that our wide receivers are all ready to play on Sunday as well.

The two best teams are squaring off in the AFC. Should be a great game - I have faith in our players, coaches and fans.  We can beat KC fair and square.

I think his toe injury is the injury that could limit his scrambling and as a result,  make him throw some questionable balls. He is an underrated runner so that injury is big imo. He has picked up a bunch of big time 1st downs with his legs

1-2 Hughes is coming for you!!!

53 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I gotta tell you I used to subscribe to this line of thinking.

I believe we are at the point where CBS would LOVE to have Josh Allen in the Super Bowl as much as Patrick Mahomes.

Allen and the Bills have really captured the American football fan this year and are new and fresh to a lot of fans.

I don't disagree with you about the good will the Bills have generated. I guess what I'm saying is there will always be detractors. The nature of sports media is competing takes. Thus I think some fans who are sensitive will always find a way to feel slighted.