Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

If the Bills win the national narrative will still be that “obviously Mahomes wasn’t 100%”. You can book that. 

For real. There will always be spin for us to root out and take personally, if we're into that sort of thing.

We duped the world into thinking we don’t like to run the football, this Sunday is a perfect opportunity for us to incorporate a legitimate running game into our game plan. Andy Reid will be hell bent on stopping Allen and Diggs and our aerial attack, he’s begging for us to beat his team by running the ball, well if he’s going to give it to us we’ve gotta take it just like Andy Reid gave to us when we was hell bent on containing the Chiefs passing game in Week 6. 

I’m not implying we should be more run heavy than pass but at least we should need to run the ball 41% of the time which is our season average. One of the biggest reasons why we scored our first TD last week on the first drive of the 2nd half was because we finally ran the football multiple times. The Chiefs D feasts off of making teams one dimensional and forcing turnovers. It’s vital we have a good running game and passing game otherwise it’ll be tough to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chiefs fans on their site are already taking offense to this thread. They think it means we are afraid of Mahomes. They think the game is a done deal. I have never seen a less humble fan base. FFS you were bad for a long time, almost as long as us with some one and done playoff berths sprinkled in.

Have some humility chiefs fans.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Billznut said:

If the Bills win the national narrative will still be that “obviously Mahomes wasn’t 100%”. You can book that. 

For 30 mins. Then it will be the Bills are going to the Super Bowl. I could care less what narrative there is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

He looked fine running off the field.  No surprise here.  I wanted to face Mahomes, win or lose.

It's not about how he looked running off the field.  He could have woken up the next morning feeling much worse.

Just now, ngbills said:

For 30 mins. Then it will be the Bills are going to the Super Bowl. I could care less what narrative there is. 

*couldn't*

No one remembers who loses the AFC championship game...only who wins.

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh went through the protocol in a week, but he wasn't staggered like Mahomes.  I thought Josh was rushed through back then, and I think the same now.  The NFL concussion protocol is only there to protect the NFL. 

I hear what you are saying. Do we not at some point need to allow the doctors and medical research have a say? I believe the NFL has caught up with doing the best it can to protect the players. There is and always will be some level of risk playing football. I believe The NFL learned its lesson and will continue to keep player safety involved in all discussions. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Has anyone ever thought it was anything more than a charade to protect the league against litigation?

Naively, i thought it was more than a charade.  When i heard the different levels of the protocol and heard Reid's comments this week i  realized, yep this is pretty much a joke.  A real honest "players"coach like McDermott would actually consider sitting J Allen if he had a serious concussion issue, not sure most if any other NFL head coaches would.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

100% correct. If we win and go on to win the Super Bowl .. nobody is going to be talking about well Lamar got concussed in the 4th quarter, Mahomes was hobbled ... look at the videos of the Super Bowl championship runs .. those things are never mentioned. Win and history will take care of the narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

For real. There will always be spin for us to root out and take personally, if we're into that sort of thing.

I gotta tell you I used to subscribe to this line of thinking.

I believe we are at the point where CBS would LOVE to have Josh Allen in the Super Bowl as much as Patrick Mahomes.

Allen and the Bills have really captured the American football fan this year and are new and fresh to a lot of fans.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Has anyone ever cleared concussion protocol quicker???? 

But remember it was a PINCHED NERVE......

Josh Allen and Tre White were both concussed and played the very next week. Happens all the time.