Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol

I have a serious question about clearing the protocol, if anyone knows the answer.

I assume the neurologist is supposed to confirm the absence of symptoms before clearing a player.  Are all of these checks "fakeable" by the player?  In other words, can the player say "no" to all of the "are you having _____ symptom?" questions, and be cleared, or are there objective medical tests that confirm what the player is reporting?

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe he just seems like he has a concussion normally?

He never hit his head on anything so I have no idea what people think he got  concussion from. Seemed pretty obvious from he way his neck was bent that the more likely explanation is that he kind of seemed like he had a sleeper hold put on him in wrestling where it cuts off the blood supply to the brain temporarily.

If he does have a pinched nerve in the neck/shoulder area I wonder how much that will bother him. I remember Peyton saying that after neck surgery he could never throw a football the way he used to. Granted surgery is a bigger issue than a pinched serve but it can still cause problems for Mahomes especially with a foot/toe injury as well.

Just now, Greg S said:

If he does have a pinched nerve in the neck/shoulder area I wonder how much that will bother him. I remember Peyton saying that after neck surgery he could never throw a football the way he used to. Granted surgery is a bigger issue than a pinched nerve but it can still cause problems for Mahomes especially with a foot/toe injury as well.

Just now, Big Turk said:

He never hit his head on anything so I have no idea what people think he got  concussion from. Seemed pretty obvious from he way his neck was bent that the more likely explanation is that he kind of seemed like he had a sleeper hold put on him in wrestling where it cuts off the blood supply to the brain temporarily.

Sure looked to me like the tackler pulled the top of his head very quickly into the turf.

Whether it actually hit or not, Mahomes' head whipped forward like a car accident.  That in itself is plenty of force to cause a concussion.