Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

As much as he controls RE prices wouldn’t you agree. 

But how about jobs?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/april-2021-jobs-numbers-266k/

NICE! Jimmy the Seditionist agrees Biden doesn't control the cost of gas AND that the suburbs haven't been destroyed!

And on the job front, Jimmy, the verdict is still out for Biden... I mean, the bar isn't too high, right? Trump left office with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover.

#WINNING

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

NICE! Jimmy the Seditionist agrees Biden doesn't control the cost of gas AND that the suburbs haven't been destroyed!

And on the job front, Jimmy, the verdict is still out for Biden... I mean, the bar isn't too high, right? Trump left office with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover.

#WINNING

So let me see if I got this straight.

Obama inherited Bushes poor economy

Trump inherited Obama's good economy

Biden inherited Trump's poor jobs 

We can't make this ***** up.  

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Pretty much! 

Can you honestly say Trump handed off America to Biden at its finest?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Pretty much! 

I try to be fair.  This is the most disingenuous analysis perhaps in the history of the Internet, and pretty much negates any validity to anything else you've ever posted (which, admittedly, I haven't ascribed much value to in the first place, but again I try to be fair).

My bigger concern, is I legitimately think this is the general level of understanding that our Liberal/Leftist compatriots have of how this world works, which is very, very scary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Pretty much! 

Nope and it had very little to do with Trump.  Now who would you point fingers at regarding the poor jobs numbers today? 

Funny how it’s only the person in charges responsibility when there is an R next to their name. 🙄

Edited by Chef Jim

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope and it had very little to do with Trump.  Now who would you point fingers at regarding the poor jobs numbers today? 

Funny how it’s only the person in charges responsibility when there is an R next to their name. 🙄

if only Trump took the pandemic more seriously most would be back to work by now 

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

if only Trump took the pandemic more seriously most would be back to work by now 

Wait. Let me ask you a question.  What is the number one reason why things are reopening now?  

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

That is a lie. The states "that took it more seriously" are doing terrible while the states that let us live our lives(FL, TX) are doing well. You are stupid enough to believe that, you are simply trying to justify the fact liberals are terrible people.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That is a lie. The states "that took it more seriously" are doing terrible while the states that let us live our lives(FL, TX) are doing well. You are stupid enough to believe that, you are simply trying to justify the fact liberals are terrible people.

Trump ignored his intelligence. He admitted he purposely downplayed the severity of the virus. Trump's incompetence and selfishness cost American lives.

And YOU defend him...

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

The first statement is undenaibly true.  Obama got the biggest scare to the world economy we've ever seen, along with an expensive war.

Obama's GDP was very strong considering what he walked into.  Also undeniable.  Look at the numbers.

Biden inhereted a pandemic enonomy with the worst GDP you could imagine.  Trump had a good economy(not a rocketship economy), if not for the pandemic, he would have handed a good economy over.  

None of that **** is made up

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

The first statement is undenaibly true.  Obama got the biggest scare to the world economy we've ever seen, along with an expensive war.

Obama's GDP was very strong considering what he walked into.  Also undeniable.  Look at the numbers.

Biden inhereted a pandemic enonomy with the worst GDP you could imagine.  Trump had a good economy(not a rocketship economy), if not for the pandemic, he would have handed a good economy over.  

None of that **** is made up

If Trump had a "good" 2020 economy to run on he would have easily won the election.  No President that losses an election leaves things in great shape for the other party.  And truth is Biden has made a few self-inflicted gaffs already.  The border fiasco is a big one with the policy and optics looking bad.  Like it or not Biden/Harris will be judged by the voters based on pocketbook issues and if things are in the tank come November 2022 the Dem's will lose control of both houses of Congress.  Same goes for 2024.  I think it was James Carville during the Bill Clinton campaign that coined the phrase "its the economy stupid".  That still seems to be true.  

I'm sticking by my original view of things from before the election that whoever won the Presidency was going to face difficult circumstances as the entire economy is a fragile house-of-cards arrangement and hustle.  The price to be paid for all that is coming due fast.  And what Biden did was really do Trump a favor.  Its like relieving the Captain of the Titanic after the ship hit the iceberg.  Basically this administration is screwed.

They might be able to blame Trump for another month or two but the honeymoon period is about over. 

• Agree 1

Oh look, Putin trying to help Trump again! 

Top stories

Colonial pipeline hack claimed by Russian group Darkside spurs emergency order from White House

Colonial pipeline hack claimed by Russian group DarkSide spurs emergency order from White House

The DarkSide ransomware group released a statement Monday saying that it is apolitical and that it did not mean to cause widespread disruption.

By Kevin Collier

The federal government issued a rare emergency declaration on Sunday after a cyberattack on a major U.S. pipeline choked the transportation of oil to the eastern U.S. 

The Colonial Pipeline, responsible for the country’s largest fuel pipeline, shut down all its operations Friday after hackers broke into some of its networks. All four of its main lines remain offline.

The emergency declaration from the Department of Transportation aims to ramp up alternative transportation routes for oil and gas. It lifts regulations on drivers carrying fuel in 17 states across the South and eastern United States, as well as the District of Columbia, allowing them to drive between fuel distributors and local gas stations on more overtime hours and less sleep than federal restrictions normally allow. The U.S. is already dealing with a shortage of tanker truck drivers.

The emergency order extends through June 8, and can be renewed. Colonial has yet to declare a date it expects it will resume full operations.

In a statement Monday afternoon, the company indicated it was working to slowly resume operations and hopes to restore services by the end of the week.

“While this situation remains fluid and continues to evolve, the Colonial operations team is executing a plan that involves an incremental process that will facilitate a return to service in a phased approach,” the company said in a press release.

In a press briefing Monday, Homeland Security Advisor Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall said that Colonial initially shut down its networks as a precautionary measure, and that while the hackers broke into networks devoted to the company’s business operations, it did not reach computers that control the physical infrastructure that transports gasoline and other fuel.

Industry experts have already warned that a prolonged shutdown of the pipeline could push gas prices higher and cause disruptions in eastern parts of the U.S.

The FBI confirmed Monday that the culprit is a strain of ransomware called DarkSide, believed to be operated by a Russian cybercrime gang referred to by the same name. 

The FBI said that "the DarkSide ransomware is responsible for the compromise of the Colonial Pipeline networks. We continue to work with the company and our government partners on the investigation." The official attribution from the FBI came more quickly than in some past cyberattacks.

Biden speaks on pipeline cyberattack: FBI is engaged to assess, address this attack

MAY 10, 202102:27

Like many ransomware gangs, DarkSide makes money by hacking a victim’s network, encrypting their files so they can’t be accessed and threatening to publish them online if they’re not paid a hefty fee.

In a statement posted to its website, DarkSide echoed a sentiment common across ransomware gangs — that they’re an apolitical group, only interested in making money — but seemed to acknowledge that by hampering the fuel industry, they may have crossed a line with the United States that no ransomware gang has crossed before.

Recommended

SECURITYColonial pipeline hack claimed by Russian group DarkSide spurs emergency order from White House

SECURITYShe responded to a smishing scam. Then the spam texts got worse. Experts explain why.

“We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics, do not need to tie us with a defined goverment and look for other our motives,” the gang posted, misspelling "government."

“Our goal is to make money, and not creating problems for society. From today we introduce moderation and check each company that our partners want to encrypt to avoid social consequences in the future.”

The attack is the latest in a recent rush of unrelated ransomware attacks across the country. A different group recently broke into Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department and began leaking extremely detailed and personal files on officers. A third stole files from a major Apple supplier based in Taiwan and released previously private specs for Apple products.

Many Russian cybergangs work as independent operations, though they are sometimes recruited to work for Russian intelligence — and they generally avoid attacking targets in Russia. 

Brett Callow, an analyst at the cybersecurity company Emsisoft who tracks ransomware, said there were signs in DarkSide's malicious software that it was meant to hit targets outside Russia and eastern Europe. He noted that the software is coded to not work against computers where Russian or one of several other eastern European languages are set as the default.

“DarkSide doesn’t eat in Russia,” Callow said. “It checks the language used by the system and, if it’s Russian, it quits without encrypting.”

In any scenario, it will take some time for Colonial to recover from the event, Callow said. It can take days for any large company to restore its system from data backups. Even if Colonial were to acquire a file decryptor program from the gang itself — either through paying the ransom or if DarkSide were to voluntarily provide one — it would be a slow process because of the way it’s encoded, he said.

“Remediation and recovery is not necessarily a quick and easy process, and while essential functionality can be restored more quickly, it can take organizations weeks or even months to fully return to normal operations,” he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/colonial-pipeline-hack-claimed-russian-group-darkside-spurs-emergency-rcna878

• Disagree 1

TDS is apparently permanent.  And debilitating.

I was planning on picking-up my son from William & Mary this weekend.  If they don't get this gas shortage straightened-out, I'll have to take time off next week to get him (assuming it's fixed by then). :censored: