Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You will be forced to install tracking equipment which will send data to the government.  Don't pay your tax then the government will not allow you to run your vehicle.  It's already happening with off road equipment where if you are late on payment the company can remotely disable your machine from running.  The government is just taking it the next step.  

So wait a minute.  You don't make your payment the company disables your vehicle.  "HA! That'll show them not to pay their bills!!"  The world is being run by children.  I long for the good ole repo man days. 

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So wait a minute.  You don't make your payment the company disables your vehicle.  "HA! That'll show them not to pay their bills!!"  The world is being run by children.  I long for the good ole repo man days. 

Yes, but not all auto manufacturers do this across their entire product line.  It's far more extensive with things such as bulldozers, excavators, and loaders.  Also, farm equipment but current edition products that have computer control over engine function that in turn can be disabled remotely.  You can run your old tech equipment without this issue for now.  But I would imagine that the government will force computers to track emissions on old tech for at the least to collect taxes.  It's been talked about for a while now.  Just been waiting on a left leaning administration like we have at present.  

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

harry-dean-stanton-2014-85096.jpg Love me some Harry Dean Stanton.

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Some of his best work was in a movie that most here never saw just for a few minutes of screen time.  Check out David Lynch's The Straight Story sometime.  

No thank you, sir.  I still  haven't figured out Mullholland Drive. 

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

It lowered the US corporate tax rate to dis-incent tax inversion, which is when you move your headquarters or ops offshore to effectively arbitrage the tax rates.  If it costs $100 to be domiciled in the US, and $50 to be domiciled in Ireland, business will move to Ireland.  

I have a good friend who was losing sleep over the new Trump code because he was reckoning with a decision to repatriate or not with that one time amnesty provision. 

His conclusion, based on his financial advisor was, if power swings back to democrats he’d want to offshore again because of their anti business agenda, so play the long game. 

this is a fine example of hidden lost corporate tax revenue because of unfriendly business policy. 

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

No thank you, sir.  I still  haven't figured out Mullholland Drive. 

The Straight Story is different from Lynch's other works by a considerable margin.  It is about two older brothers that have a standing feud between them.  Then the one brother who is starting to see his mortality goes to seek the other brother out to make amends.  I won't give out any more spoilers about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

WELL, THAT HARSHES THE NARRATIVE: 

Income Inequality In America Is Lower Than It Was 50 Years Ago.

https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2021/04/income-inequality-in-america-is-lower-than-it-was-50-years-ago.html

Related: US Household Incomes Increased More in 2018 Than in the Previous 20 Years—Combined.

https://fee.org/articles/us-household-incomes-increased-more-in-2018-than-in-the-previous-20-years-combined/

Democrats have a plan to fix that, though.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Thanks! He wasn’t there best choice but he was the choice that could beat *****. He beat ***** rather easily so maybe us Dems could have made an actual left person.

I guess you don't know my political leanings.  He did NOT beat **** (whatever that is) rather easily.  

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

More jobs added in the first two months of this administration than in any other administration ever!!! 

Woo hoo!! 

So Obama inherited Bushes mess.  Trump inherited Obamas great economy and Biden created his own jobs growth.  Did I get that right?  You guys are ***** hilarious.  Now, you can redeem yourself if you can answer one simple questions.

What has Biden done specifically in the first two months of his administration that created these new jobs? 

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden made it clear that his covid relief bill was going to be big, that instilled confidence in the economy. 

What role does confidence play in the economy? Do you have any idea at all? 

Have you ever gone through the hiring process?   Do you have any idea how long it takes?  Given Biden all the credit for these jobs is very partisan.  But anyway if you do give him credit for it I assume you did, or will give Trump credit for all the jobs he created pre-pandemic? 

Edited by Chef Jim

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Have you ever gone through the hiring process?   Do you have any idea how long it takes?  Given Biden all the credit for these jobs is very partisan.  But anyway if you do give him credit for it I assume you did, or will give Trump credit for all the jobs he created pre-pandemic? 

Answer the questions