Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Good luck with that. All discussion on this board ended on Election Day. It's now just pure hatred, and juvenile name calling. As they say, if this how people act when they WIN the game, can you imagine what will happen the next time they lose?

I’ve actually been disappointed.  I never spent much time over here in the past as a long time TBDer but the Bills leave an intellectual void and the occasional mention of here intrigued me. I’m surprised by is the dearth of intelligent liberal advocates and conversation. The Republicans here seem much more pragmatic aside from the occasional ‘baby killer’ shot. 

don’t really see any foaming mouth trump dudes, but it sounds like they might have driven them out. 

I wish there was just a ground rule admission that there are differences of opinions on things, and that’s ok. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve actually been disappointed.  I never spent much time over here in the past as a long time TBDer but the Bills leave an intellectual void and the occasional mention of here intrigued me. I’m surprised by is the dearth of intelligent liberal advocates and conversation. The Republicans here seem much more pragmatic aside from the occasional ‘baby killer’ shot. 

don’t really see any foaming mouth trump dudes, but it sounds like they might have driven them out. 

I wish there was just a ground rule admission that there are differences of opinions on things, and that’s ok. 

The Anti-Trump crowd went full scorched earth, and that drove the Trump supporters to another site. I've stuck around hoping to engage in some debate from time to time, but it's been a grind. I'll keep chipping away it because living in California I know that one party rule is a horrible thing.  You need both sides to sharpen the debate, and work together to forge a more perfect Union.  Unfortunately....

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Anti-Trump crowd went full scorched earth, and that drove the Trump supporters to another site. I've stuck around hoping to engage in some debate from time to time, but it's been a grind. I'll keep chipping away it because living in California I know that one party rule is a horrible thing.  You need both sides to sharpen the debate, and work together to forge a more perfect Union.  Unfortunately....

Your a good one SoCal. Balance of power is imperative in this lousy two party system.

While many are trying to categorically dismiss the other half of the country, it’s a fact they exist and have ideas and opinions based on their own virtues even if you I or anyone else don’t agree with them. 

politics has evolved into a religious belief as opposed to a critical reluctant choice. 

the problem with the extremists and blind loyalists is they don’t realize the same brainwashing they accuse their foes of has happened to them in an equal and opposite way. If the middle could ever unite and drive pragmatic compromise, this country would probably be in for a far brighter future. 

the political system as is, it’s just a corrupt battle for power underpinned by wealth, political elites and manipulative partisan mass media outlets.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-stimulus-gamble-massive-cuts-070155957.html

Biden’s stimulus gamble: Massive cuts to Medicare, farm aid

Yea that will work, less food and kill off the old and sickly, right on.

All for a tiny amount of stimulus money that will only make walmart fatter,

that they keep dangling on a stick to the sheeple.

Fools leading fools.

But yea orange man still really, really bad.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Your a good one SoCal. Balance of power is imperative in this lousy two party system.

While many are trying to categorically dismiss the other half of the country, it’s a fact they exist and have ideas and opinions based on their own virtues even if you I or anyone else don’t agree with them. 

politics has evolved into a religious belief as opposed to a critical reluctant choice. 

the problem with the extremists and blind loyalists is they don’t realize the same brainwashing they accuse their foes of has happened to them in an equal and opposite way. If the middle could ever unite and drive pragmatic compromise, this country would probably be in for a far brighter future. 

the political system as is, it’s just a corrupt battle for power underpinned by wealth, political elites and manipulative partisan mass media outlets.

You are of course correct, but what I couldn’t get my head around was how, for the last four years, apparently half of the country was 100% opposed to an agenda which at its core was against foreign wars, and committed to getting Americans working again. 

10 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-stimulus-gamble-massive-cuts-070155957.html

Biden’s stimulus gamble: Massive cuts to Medicare, farm aid

Yea that will work, less food and kill off the old and sickly, right on.

All for a tiny amount of stimulus money that will only make walmart fatter,

that they keep dangling on a stick to the sheeple.

Fools leading fools.

But yea orange man still really, really bad.

From the same article.  This has me scared a tad....  I have faith there's at least 10 Republicans who would do the right thing if it came to that....

“Although Democrats swooped in to protect Medicare and other programs from significant cuts after Republicans used reconciliation to pass tax cuts for the wealthy, we need to be realistic that Republicans are less likely to do the same for us,” said one House Democratic aide, who asked to remain on background in order to candidly discuss the concerns.

“Are we really going to find 10 Senate Republicans to prevent these cuts after they’ve found Jesus again on the national debt? Let’s be real,” the aide said in a statement. “There’s a good chance they will allow these cuts to happen and paint Democrats as the ones who are responsible since we have total power in Congress and the White House.”

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

From the same article.  This has me scared a tad....  I have faith there's at least 10 Republicans who would do the right thing if it came to that....

“Although Democrats swooped in to protect Medicare and other programs from significant cuts after Republicans used reconciliation to pass tax cuts for the wealthy, we need to be realistic that Republicans are less likely to do the same for us,” said one House Democratic aide, who asked to remain on background in order to candidly discuss the concerns.

“Are we really going to find 10 Senate Republicans to prevent these cuts after they’ve found Jesus again on the national debt? Let’s be real,” the aide said in a statement. “There’s a good chance they will allow these cuts to happen and paint Democrats as the ones who are responsible since we have total power in Congress and the White House.”

I don’t think he read the article. It’s basically saying this is a normal thing that gets done and the Democrats did it for the Republicans but now that the Republicans are the minority party who knows what they will do because they pick party over country.

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don’t think he read the article. It’s basically saying this is a normal thing that gets done and the Democrats did it for the Republicans but now that the Republicans are the minority party who knows what they will do because they pick party over country.

I'm not surprised with that poster.  I'm not really worried though because the headline "Republicans refuse to work on bill that will prevent cuts in medicare and farm aid" won't play well even with Republican voters.

Six weeks in and Joe is on a roll:

Oil prices day he was elected-$37.66 (Nasdaq)

Oil prices today-$63.53 (Nasdaq)

.....and now he is bombing Syria.

This is all good for U.S. economic energy costs.

giphy.gif

Edited by I am the egg man

13 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

giphy.gif

Yeah but DJT... don’t talk to me about now. Come look in this awful rear view mirror...

am I doing this correctly ?

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

‘Hold onto your wallets’! Hope you enjoyed your economic stimulus, because Joe Biden is reportedly ‘planning first major tax hike in almost 30 years’

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/15/hold-onto-your-wallets-hope-you-enjoyed-your-economic-stimulus-because-joe-biden-is-reportedly-planning-first-major-tax-hike-in-almost-30-years/

Don't worry folks,

it will only effect the top 1%

whistling.gif

On 2/25/2021 at 11:42 PM, I am the egg man said:

giphy.gif

All the more reason to go green! 

Why do Trump's people want us to send our money to Putin and Saudi Arabia, anyway? 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:57 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah but DJT... don’t talk to me about now. Come look in this awful rear view mirror...

am I doing this correctly ?

What? 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘Hold onto your wallets’! Hope you enjoyed your economic stimulus, because Joe Biden is reportedly ‘planning first major tax hike in almost 30 years’

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/15/hold-onto-your-wallets-hope-you-enjoyed-your-economic-stimulus-because-joe-biden-is-reportedly-planning-first-major-tax-hike-in-almost-30-years/

Don't worry folks,

it will only effect the top 1%

whistling.gif

Probably be very popular, too. Better ramp of the voter suppression measures. 

• Like (+1) 1