Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Good point.  

The bottom line remains that a lot of D's voted for it too.  Less than Rs did, but that doesn't let them off the hook.

The D's have run 3 people that voted for it for President ( Kerry, Clinton, and Biden ).  If they didn't also like war they never would have nominated those 3.  My own personal opinion is that anyone that voted for or promoted this fiasco should move to the Arizona dessert, wear sack cloth and ashes, do penance, and never be heard from again. But that's just me.

No Monday morning QBing for me.  I was against it from the start.  I still have my Stop World War W button.  I protested. I went to a prayer vigil the night before it started hoping against hope cooler heads would prevail.

Just cuz you and Uncle Joe got snookered by W and Uncle Dick doesn't mean we all did.

I love Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

The war where over 96% of republicans in the house voted for war where only 36% of democrats did?

Or where 99% of republicans votes yes in the senate.

You think you are clever but your inability to answer simple straight forward questions is sad especially when you call all other liars for showing you facts you don't like.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Such steadfast adherence to fiscal discipline by Rick Scott. By steadfast, I mean since last Wednesday at noon.

Like clockwork:

You can set your watch by it. Republicans get thrown out of power and start complaining about the deficit.

• Like (+1) 2

As expected, it's being downplayed and portrayed as a positive step for the U.S. by msm, like when Biden shutdown the XL pipeline, but this is another step by him making the U.S. less energy self dependent:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-01-26/biden-freeze-of-federal-fracking-leases-will-have-lasting-effects.

Joe must think halting and discouraging U.S. energy developement and independency is good for growing the American economy.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

New Republican stimulus proposal would cost $600B, include more direct checks: What to know

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/republican-stimulus-proposal-direct-checks

Instead of $1.9T  Biden Bill , sounds like a fair bipartisan compromise that will pass , right ?

Lol from $1.9T to $600B... Not even close but they did it on purpose to try and make more issues instead of actually trying to help this country.

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So happy Biden and Dems are I st going to steamroll this through Congress! Nice! 

Biden said he is open to making adjustments if the republicans want to so still time for them to help out... Or they can keep acting out. TBH I think they need to take care of themselves internally first before they are ready to join democracy again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Biden said he is open to making adjustments if the republicans want to so still time for them to help out... Or they can keep acting out. TBH I think they need to take care of themselves internally first before they are ready to join democracy again.

Even Romney and Susan Collins and Jaime Herrera Beutler and others who voted for impeachment?

On 1/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, reddogblitz said:

You can set your watch by it. Republicans get thrown out of power and start complaining about the deficit.

It's frustrating.  I suppose it's even more frustrating for GOP voters who do care about the deficit who see them pass those massive spending bills when they control Congress and the presidency.

However, the Democrats plan passed in the House is extremely popular so pass the darn thing through reconciliation and don't compromise with Republicans.  If they scream about the debt just point out the last four years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, reddogblitz said:

Good point.  

The bottom line remains that a lot of D's voted for it too.  Less than Rs did, but that doesn't let them off the hook.

The D's have run 3 people that voted for it for President ( Kerry, Clinton, and Biden ).  If they didn't also like war they never would have nominated those 3.  My own personal opinion is that anyone that voted for or promoted this fiasco should move to the Arizona dessert, wear sack cloth and ashes, do penance, and never be heard from again. But that's just me.

No Monday morning QBing for me.  I was against it from the start.  I still have my Stop World War W button.  I protested. I went to a prayer vigil the night before it started hoping against hope cooler heads would prevail.

Just cuz you and Uncle Joe got snookered by W and Uncle Dick doesn't mean we all did.

democrats being the anti war party is just another lie. Sort of like Republicans being deficit conscious. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

democrats being the anti war party is just another lie. Sort of like Republicans being deficit conscious. 

Iraq War was a Republican affair for the most part, with GOP voters strongly supporting it. 

Democrats were the ones who opposed, with some exceptions. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iraq War was a Republican affair for the most part, with GOP voters strongly supporting it. 

Democrats were the ones who opposed, with some exceptions. 

Lies.  If the vote was just among D senators war wins 29-21. Your parties ‘anti war’ monicker is just another false narrative the hypnotized sheep eat hook line and sinker. This includes the president and the last D presidential candidate. 

it was an oil affair, not a Republican affair. It just so happens more oil money and interest flows to the R party, so they lied to their herd convincing them of some preemptive necessity. 

the best history teacher I ever had broke it down very simply.  All wars ever were about money and power.  Since most people aren’t willing to die for that, a different narrative like freedom is needed to sell. 

https://followthemoney.com/how-americas-petrodollar-system-influenced-the-2003-iraq-war/

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lies.  If the vote was just among D senators war wins 29-21. Your parties ‘anti war’ monicker is just another false narrative the hypnotized sheep eat hook line and sinker. This includes the president and the last D presidential candidate. 

it was an oil affair, not a Republican affair. It just so happens more oil money and interest flows to the R party, so they lied to their herd convincing them of some preemptive necessity. 

the best history teacher I ever had broke it down very simply.  All wars ever were about money and power.  Since most people aren’t willing to die for that, a different narrative like freedom is needed to sell. 

https://followthemoney.com/how-americas-petrodollar-system-influenced-the-2003-iraq-war/

And how did the Republicans vote for it? The anti-war sentiment came from the left while the right cheered it on with a bloodlust 

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lies.  If the vote was just among D senators war wins 29-21. Your parties ‘anti war’ monicker is just another false narrative the hypnotized sheep eat hook line and sinker. 

The Bush administration pushed the WMB narrative and everyone bought it, Dem's and Rep's alike.  Officials like Rumsfeld and Powell testified to Congress about the WMD peril.  Committed perjury but nobody was prosecuted or held accountable.  No hearings, no nothing.  Deep State 1, Truth 0.  If it was Trump, an outsider to the Washington establishment and power that did this imagine the uproar from the deep state and their media shills. 

Along with this was the suggestion Saddam had something to do with the 911 attacks which was completely false.  While brutal his regime keep the religious extremists under control.  And contained the ambitions of Iran.  The fact almost all the hijackers in 911 were Saudi nationals and the US government refuses for 20 years under several administrations to declassify or provide answers to questions surrounding the plot and co-conspirators in that Middle East nation says all you need to know about how much our government values its citizens.

As a results 100's of thousands of Iraqi's died while millions were displaced.  Thousands of US service men and women were killed, wounded, or left with PTSD.  $100's of billions were wasted on destruction and war and sweetheart deals and contracts for well-connected companies and big corporations.  Also, Iran with their natural enemy removed by America is now free to roam the region.  A global refugee problem resulted.

Then Obama continued this while F'ing up Libya, Syria, and almost Eqypt. 

Trump supporting the Saudi's in Yemen.

And currently Biden is filling out his team with former Obama war hawks.  Guess whats coming?   

I wish everyone would get it and see there are insiders with power and outsiders with no power.  Not Democrats or Republicans.  We have one party rule where 90% of what happens, happens no matter which party is in charge while the other 10% moves left and right.  We all fight and debate over that 10%.  What's needed is some critical questioning and push back about the 90%.  Instead we have national debates about gender pronouns and other insignificant nonsense.  Issues generated by the elite to keep the plebs focus off their activities.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1