Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

In a written statement, the director of the National Economic Council, Brian Deese, warned that the 900,000 new unemployment claims provided “another stark reminder that we must act now on the President’s American Rescue Plan to get immediate relief to families and spur our economy.” He warned that the new job claims were evidence that the economy is “moving in the wrong direction.” He urged Congress to move quickly on President Biden’s plan to “extend unemployment insurance, finish the job in providing $2,000 in direct relief to Americans, and ensure that millions of our families who are struggling to make ends meet, put food on the table, and keep a roof over their head in the midst of this crisis are able to get to the other side with dignity.”

The White House is planning to send Deese to talk with a bipartisan group of 16 senators about moving forward on the bill. At Thursday’s White House briefing, press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters: “We are going to be increasing our engagements; it’s already been ongoing, even before the president was inaugurated yesterday. . . . As I conveyed to all of you yesterday, [Biden’s] preference and priority is a bipartisan package and working with members of both parties to come to agreement on that, because he believes that the crises facing the American people.” However, she said, “We’re also not going to take options off the table. So, we’ll proceed with those discussions over the next couple of days.” Deese is going to need to make the case that a delay in passing an immediate rescue plan will send the economy into an even deeper or more prolonged recession, costing even more in the long term.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/22/republicans-recalcitrance-economy-is-risky/

Go big or go home! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Why not $5,000 per adult?  

This is what the Democrats think of me?  

I'm only worth one $2000 payment every 5 months?

If they don't start fighting for me and get this number to around $5000 to $10000 I think the Party needs to fold.  

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Why not $5,000 per adult?  

This is what the Democrats think of me?  

I'm only worth one $2000 payment every 5 months?

If they don't start fighting for me and get this number to around $5000 to $10000 I think the Party needs to fold.  

You must really hate the republicans than.

Trump went golfing while your loved ones died and laughed at you while you supported him for doing it.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Getting as many people vaccinated ASAP will be a huge step towards economic recovery. 

Be interesting to see see if they pass any sort of infrastructure bill. The Green aspects of a bill like that will be fought tooth and nail by the old fossil fuel barons. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Getting as many people vaccinated ASAP will be a huge step towards economic recovery. 

Be interesting to see see if they pass any sort of infrastructure bill. The Green aspects of a bill like that will be fought tooth and nail by the old fossil fuel barons. 

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/16/these-two-things-are-related-big-oil-ups-donations-dems-biden-says-banning-fossil

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Rising oil prices will get economies going, just not in the U.S.

The Middle East says “Thank God” for Joe.

Cutting the dependence is one of the goals. Oil should be saved for military use and the rest of America should be trying to get to that point.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

U.S. going to get crushed with Biden and Harass at the helm.

Was a good worldwide run for U.S. for a century.

Hopefully, the Bills future is brighter.

Really? History tells us something completely different  as GDP growth is always better under Democrat Presidents:

53d66c84ecad040e4293ea67?width=600&forma

Notice how the blue bars are higher than the red ones!

plus they’re not going to suck up to dictators like the twice impeached previous admin.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TBBills said:

Cutting the dependence is one of the goals. Oil should be saved for military use and the rest of America should be trying to get to that point.

Yes, and we'll get into more wars real soon under sleepy Joe the Warmonger.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1